• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

barnyard flea market E-Cig vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugismimi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
SOUTH CAROLINA
hi Y'all,
I'm gonna create a lil controversy here, not meaning to just have to say a few things about these vendors.

i have been to both vendors and spoke in detail with them and after having done so i came away with several thoughts of OMG, are you kidding me, oh really,and give me a break......

1- ego battery ridiculously priced at 25-29 $, with a life time warranty. who's life time. who's to say they will even be there next week, next month, six months from now I go back and need to get a brandy new battery, ooppsss not there anymore. Styles change what every 3-5 months, are they gonna keep them in stock always?????

2- , I needed carto's desperatly one weekend and heres what i got in response ,We don't sell carto's because they burn your throat. LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when I asked what kind / brand they were referring to, oh you know those ones that have the stuff you drip on.

I HAVE NO MORE TO SAY ABOUT THAT COMMENT.

3- asked if there would be an interest in having juice made from a local vendor(me) and know exactly what is in it, no shipping or ordering from overseas. the response was "Oh no, we couldn't do that since ,( r u ready for this one) DHEC has such a strict policy on mixing and what types of liquids could be sold there..... AGAIN LMFAO!!!!!

4- ASKED THE SAME QUESTION TO THE OTHER VENDOR AND THEY SAID " WE ONLY SELL OUR OWN MIXES , THIS WAY WE KNOW EXACTLY WHAT'S IN IT, AND HOW MUCH OF EACH INGREDIENT", OK SO WHAT IS IN YOUR PRODUCT, WE CAN'T TELL OUR SECRET THEN YOU'LL MAKE YOUR OWN AND WONT buy OURS..................

So, i say please be careful when purchasing, and taking advice from these good intentioned (IM Sure) vendors , as I got dizzy just shaking my head and thinking , they have no clue.
I watched a women begging for info, and trying a sample 510 automatic battery and atty. she did what we all did and pulled on it like a analog. she was not impressed, I waited for them to give her instruction and be responsible with the product, but nothing.
I volunteered some advice and she then gently, smoothly took another pull and got a much better hit. so much so, she said WOW, and tried again. I got a glare and I swear, I heard a Snarl, so I said good luck and good bye.

I have purchased items from both vendors , but I am so glad I have spent time with allll of the good people here on ECF, and have learned so much, and have real confidance that i have been guided and educated in a honest and non partial way.

OK SO BRING IT ON.................
WHAT ARE THE OPINIONS OF MY FELLOW SC VAPORERERS?
:2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c:

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
I haven't been to the Barnyard flea market vendors but have had friends who have used their juice - I inherited a bottle of blue wintergreen juice from Barnyard; it was the color of Windex.

I have been vaping a while. I DIY and have used juice from too many vendors to list. I have never seen blue juice. I promptly tossed it, gave her the address to ECF and highly suggested she started reading and educating herself.

My guess is that these flea-market vendors are not experts in the field, ya think? lol :blink: The DHEC comment alone is enough to show how ignorant they are and that they are irresponsible enough to promote their own lack of knowledge rather than educate themselves and then their potential customers. Transparency is a huge issue right now (again) within the community. They are not part of the real deal, IMO. And as much as I am against outside regulation, it is these deals that will blow up in our faces as the FDA becomes more and more involved with their anti e-cig government regulated and taxed campaign

They should become ECF members themselves and promote the forum along with their product. But as the industry remains unregulated, they are not held accountable at any level. And that is a shame - they are losing out on promoting a product that changes lives and, if done well, their pocketbooks along with their conscience. Not only that, they could be causing harm to an unsuspecting innocent.

For shame.

And now you have more than my :2c: - and I could go on even longer on the topic. :)

ETA: Just curious, Mimi - have you been to the B&M off Harbison? I have yet to make it over there...

Last edited:

bishop

Feb 27, 2009
columbia sc
I also have been to both, I can honestly see the faces of the ones that answerd as i read their answers. One of the vendors has NO clue about anything related to their product of juice, however one of the vendors Puts alot into making sure that people are satisfied with the product before they buy it. I have seen several people try the product at one booth and they were told everything about the product and how to use it.

As for a vendor not wanting to tell you how they mix thie juices, you may see it as laughable but common business sense would say thats not something they would want to do....in the end its still a business and the goal is to make money.

I noticed yousaid you went looking for carts and didnt find any? if the carts are for 510s i know one of them carry clearomizers cheap...theyre easy to fill and work great, thats what i use on my passthrough

Im quite happy with the juices i buy out ther that are mixed and will keep going back for more...once you get to know the one group and spend some time talking to them youll find they're good people, but keep in mind, theyre not there to spread the good word about vaping...it is a business.

I also have to add that everytime ive been there if someone shows up with a problem with something they purchased it gets handeled right away with no problems. Ill take that over having to mail something back and wait weeks anyday

sugismimi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
SOUTH CAROLINA
OK TO THIS COMMENT BELOW I SAY, COMMON BUSINESS SENSE WOULD BE TO ASSURE YOUR CUSTOMERS OF WHAT THE INGREDIANTS ARE, AND HOW SAFE IT IS.

As for a vendor not wanting to tell you how they mix thie juices, you may see it as laughable but common business sense would say thats not something they would want to do....in the end its still a business and the goal is to make money.

Im quite happy with the juices i buy out ther that are mixed and will keep going back for more...once you get to know the one group and spend some time talking to them youll find they're good people, but keep in mind, theyre not there to spread the good word about vaping...it is a business.

NOW THIS IS EVEN MORE DISTURBING CONSIDERING , A GOOD BUSINESS SHOULD SPREAD THE GOOD WORD, BY DOING SO YOU EARN THE CUSTOMERS TRUST AND RESPECT.

VAPING IS THE BEST THING TO COME OUT IN A LONG TIME, I AM MORE THAN HAPPY TO SPREAD THE WORD , AND I DO IT FOR FREE!!!!!!!

FOR THE GOOD HEALTH AND WELL BEING IT CAN AND DOES BRING TO ALL OF US.

Now I'm coming off as a real B*&$, but I'm just so against being ripped and not knowing what the hell i'm buying, and that's what i saw the few times i went out there.

i have learned more and felt 100% better spending my money with the online vendors, than those just TRYING TO MAKE A BUCK!!!! IT IS SOOOO MUCH MORE THAN THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok I'm done, whewww i feel better now!!!
MiMi

Last edited:

bishop

Feb 27, 2009
columbia sc
If you ask the vendor I have said I use there he will gladly tell you what he uses, however he will not tell you what company he uses for his flavors or what ration he mixes. Try walking into KFC and asking for the recipe of spices they use on their chicken....it will never happen.

I'm glad you're out there to spread the word about vaping, It makes me happy every time I see someone switch to vaping , knowing they will be happier and healthier from their choice.

Just to point out, many vapers order from Johnsons creek and other reputable sites, however they wont tell you every detail of thier juices either...why? because they would lose money.

Its always nice to promote a product but there will eventually come a point where you have to support yourself and cover the rent...that's what a business is for.

In the end I would simply advise the people who have the talent and patience to DIY their liquid to just continue, those that don't have that skill( or time to do it) buy from someone YOU trust and enjoy their flavors

I go out to barnyard flea market at least 2 saturdays a month. I only go to one vendor and they treat me extremely well. Sometimes I've been there for 4 hours hanging out at their booth and trying to decide what to buy while allowing others customers to go in front of me and help out anyone who is waiting on the vendor for advice.

They treat me well, seem to be good guys, and seem to appreciate my willingness to contribute to the community.

I've seen them work and I just can't see that they're really bad in any way. They're just out there trying to make a living with something they have a passion for.. But nobody's perfect.

As for the other vendor.. I was quite unimpressed. Their juice is horrible and I can't believe I wasted 10 bucks on a horrible tasting atomizer from them. I won't go back.

mjones

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
South Carolina USA
crossroadsvapor.com
Hey guys,

How is everybody? Are you referring to the barnyard near the BMW plant? Was just wondering if there is more that one. We have one here, I tried my luck, back when I was selling hardware, had 4081s iirc, for 15 bucks, didn't get a single bite. Had ego's for I think 29, did sell a few 10ml slb juices, before I started mixing my own. Hey sugismimi :) I apologize for the blueberry crumble you got in that, pif trade. I discontinued it, because it wasn't too good lol.

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using Tapatalk

sugismimi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
SOUTH CAROLINA
That blueberry crumble is good, but like everyone else my opinion is my own.
the flea markt is in lexington or west columbia depends what side of the street your standing on, LOLOL
it's huge, it's like an outside wally world now tho- not good clean out the garage or attic stuff, everyone trying desperatley so, to make ends meet. like 10.00 for a bottle of nail polish, WTH, does it have magic init or what, "oh no it's a discontinued color so it's a collectors item", oh hell no it's not.
funny tho-
you do take your chances out there. one week your stuff sells good you get excited then the next week nothing, that is not fun to me!!!
hope to see you sometime soon, i think I saw a thread about DIY in the upstate was that you, lemme go see!!!
lol
happy valentines day, well hope you had a nice one !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread