Mad Vapes - BEWARE! - Credit Card stolen for fraud immediately after my first order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odium

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2011
TX
He's not bashing just stating a fact. If you read the post it was a credit card that hasn't been used in six months. It was used at the mentioned vendor and within 24 hours there were fraudulent charges. He did not place blame on them just said it looked suspicious and when he contacted madvapes their response was less than helpful and he seemed to indicate they didn't show any concern that there might be a problem on their end. So before you bash the OP you should read the post carefully and get your facts straight also.

Now I'm thinking we are being trolled here... Both from "Bangkok, Thailand", one that just joined two days ago!

siampumpkin

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2011
Bashing a well respected company on this forum will not get you very far. Although their juice definitely does not come recommended by me, they are a very good supplier, and have been for quite awhile. Before placing the blame on someone who sells to thousands of ecig users, you may want to check your own "security procedures". I hope you get your credit card issue worked out though!

Stating the facts is not Bashing. Just because one person had a particular experience doesn't mean someone else will have the same one. As far as getting somewhere, I don't quite get your point. How am I to gain? I just laid out the facts. I did no request a refund and Madvapes has chosen to cast me to the wayside rather than value my business. If others have had good experiences then they are fortunate but given the large number of orders they process I would bet there are many others who have been treated in a similar fashion to my experience. So before passing judgment, take a moment to consider an alternate scenario other than what you know. As everyone seems to state here, there juice flavors are crap and if they are willing to sell such sub par juice, than that is as good as stealing to me. Just taking to the next step is easy when you have that mindset.

Last edited:

siampumpkin

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2011
How is your computer protected? How long has it been since you last reinstalled windows? Do you use a wireless connection and is it secure? (wireless connections are the worst, dozen of freeware packet sniffers out there can easily assist someone in stealing your credit card information as well as anything else)

I wouldn't use my credit cards on that computer again until I had made sure everything was completely secure!

I use Military strength encryption and being a computer professional I fully understand how to protect my system. Also, my card was not stolen here in Thailand, it was used in the United States closer to Mad Vapes than to me.

Odium

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2011
TX
I use Military strength encryption and being a computer professional I fully understand how to protect my system. Also, my card was not stolen here in Thailand, it was used in the United States closer to Mad Vapes than to me.

Can you provide proof of these allegations? I'm sure that papers have been provided to you.

Last edited:

siampumpkin

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2011
I'm sorry about your trouble. Since you and I are the same part in the world (south east asia), why don't you shop in nearer online shop such as healthcabin & heaven gifts. I never had problem with both of them, the shipping are very fast (received in 5-7 from payment), quite cheap too.

Sent from my mind using my fingers.

I have used both of the vendors you mentioned. While both are good vendors and honest business people, shipping from China unless EMS is actually slower to Thailand than it is to the USA. It is all dependent on how many flights to and from a particular country is so ordering from the USA only takes me a week to get something where if from China it takes a month.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
If you had done a search on my "user name" you can see other posts and judge for yourself whether I am a troll or not. You can also PM the owner of deejstuff (Digimon2k) who I have placed a sizable order from and communicated with him by email extensively. Ask him if he thinks I am a troll. I am an expat from Los Angeles living in Thailand. If that makes me a troll because I left the U.S. then I guess I am a troll. Many of the posts above are typical American ego-centrism. Your hard drive in your computer is probably from Thailand, does that make it a troll drive?

kickitback

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2009
NC
If you had done a search on my "user name" you can see other posts and judge for yourself whether I am a troll or not. You can also PM the owner of deejstuff (Digimon2k) who I have placed a sizable order from and communicated with him by email extensively. Ask him if he thinks I am a troll. I am an expat from Los Angeles living in Thailand. If that makes me a troll because I left the U.S. then I guess I am a troll. Many of the posts above are typical American ego-centrism. Your hard drive in your computer is probably from Thailand, does that make it a troll drive?

Son, you made no sense what so ever in that last post other then keep on bashing Americans i really don't understand what you want.
If you don't like Americans or the products being sold here go to China,

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN -

Lacedolphin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2012
Harrodsburg,Ky.
Bashing a well respected company on this forum will not get you very far. Although their juice definitely does not come recommended by me, they are a very good supplier, and have been for quite awhile. Before placing the blame on someone who sells to thousands of ecig users, you may want to check your own "security procedures". I hope you get your credit card issue worked out though!

Wow....just wow o_O some people can be so mean!!
I love their banana bread juice but I agree, their customer service leaves a lot to be desired I have found also.

Phreaker

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Just have to add that I've been buying from MadVapes since I started vaping over a year ago. Two orders in the last month as a matter of fact and I have never had an issue like that.

The only issue I did have is their "VG only" juice has PG as an ingredient on the label. I emailed them and they said it was only VG, so I don't know what's up with that. That and the juice was not to my liking. Previously I only bought hardware from them.

Last edited:

siampumpkin

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2011
Son, you made no sense what so ever in that last post other then keep on bashing Americans i really don't understand what you want.
If you don't like Americans or the products being sold here go to China,

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN -

First of all I am not your son and you are probably younger than me. Also, I am a natural born American who happens to be working overseas. It seems as if your lack of education which is indicative of the US educational system is reflected in your xenophobia towards "others." So before you make a statement, check you facts, SON!

siampumpkin

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2011
Wow sometimes you guys can take a weird turn on some threads. I don't think Slampumpkin is trolling I just think he or she (sorry really hard to tell on ECF lol) had a bad experience so C'mon guys. Sorry this happened to you Slampumpkin I hope it all works out for ya :) Good luck!

I appreciate your comments. Honestly I did not expect any responses, let alone some of the ones trying to pick a flame war. I am sure most people on ECF are decent people such as yourself and the negative responses are not a reflection of the majority of ECF members.

izdalion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2011
Rhode Island

As I don't agree that all americans are "ego-centrism" I do agree that some american's take things a lil' far :/

bassworm

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
This may be the 2nd report of fraud in a month around here, but lets consider a couple of things...

1) How many people are members of this forum? Would it not stand to reason that the larger the user base the higher the ratio of similar issues will happen ( 1 in 500 in a forum of 1500 active users is still 3 ) .

2) Similar to my point above, its not that unlikely that some cyber criminal has figured out that this e-cigarette internet ordering is absolutely BOOOMING and has staked out a few hosts vendors use and have injected cross site scripts or other things, the more lines you have out there in the water the higher your chance of catching something is.

When I first read the OP my first thought was TROLL or someone got mad at Madvapes and then hired someone to post bad comments , or whatever.

I understand the card hasnt been used for 6 months? So what, maybe it was compromised 6 months ago and has been held until it popped up as active, then sold and used as fast as possible until cancelled, geography doesnt matter, you could have had your card stolen from someone in the Ukraine 6 months ago, as soon as it popped up as active, it got sold to someone in the Ivory Coast who used it to place orders for people who live in the U.S.

siampumpkin

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2011
As I don't agree that all americans are "ego-centrism" I do agree that some american's take things a lil' far :/

He did not say all American's, he said typical. Since I am well educated and well versed in the affairs of countries besides my own I don't consider myself typical or average. I guess you consider yourself one of the average masses of under-educated misinformed American's. There is a world beyond America and people do live there. You might want to give one a visit sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread