Battery charging method for Riva style batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

redcat1948

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Eugene OR
I noticed when I got my Rivas instructions stressed to put the battery on the charger first, then plug the charger into the wall. I've been doing this but am now wondering why and if it makes a difference. I also just got my first mod and bought a multi type charger for those batteries and am wondering if I have to plug/unplug that charger too or if I can just leave it plugged in. (I haven't used it yet and haven't read the directions for it.)

mendnwngs

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
Central California
I dont know anything about the riva charger, but I would tend to follow the instructions. I agree, it sounds a little weird, but theres probably a reason for doing it that way. (I'm just guessing here, but perhaps taking the charger off the wall plug allows it to re-set, and when plugged back in will be able to fully charge the battery?)

As far as your multi-charger, that should be A-OK to leave plugged in all the time. I have a few of them, and leave them plugged in with no problems. (Its generally a good idea to remove batteries from the multi-charger after they're fully charged tho. Leaving them on the charger after theyre fully charged can over-charge the cell, and damage it)

Congrats on your first mod! After you spend some time playing with it, perhaps consider posting a review here on ECF! E-Cigarette Mods

Cheers!

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
mendnwngs has effectively articulated the conservative approach (which certainly has merit). I take a more pragmatic, lazy-man approach (what GrimmGreen might call "rad and reckless":D). For me, life is too short to plug and unplug chargers all the time. FYI: I have never had a problem with this approach. [Yeah, I suppose that I might be shortening the long-term battery life of my eGo, Riva, and KGO batts by a couple weeks. So? If that is the case, I've lost maybe ... a dollar? I ain't rich, but minimizing hassle in my life is worth a buck.]

Standard caveats: YMMV ... DaBoomeat Emptor* ... and Waste not, want not. [Not sure how that last one snuck in, but Ben is always good for a wise quote.]

* That's Latin for "Don't sue DonDaBoomVape if indeed your mileage does vary.";-)​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread