The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

battery difference question please

Discussion in 'Ask The Veterans' started by Brooklynguy1, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Brooklynguy1

Brooklynguy1 Moved On ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2011
    Brooklyn , NY
    Simply put I am buying the Black Mantis mod and manufacturer says i could use 2 rcr123 .

Question is this the same as rcr123a

TY

2. rolygate

rolygate Forum Manager Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 24, 2009
    ECF Towers
    Generally, all references to the RC123 format mean the rechargeable protected cell with whatever code the vendor uses for them (it varies a lot). You should be able to fit protected cells in any mod. If you can't then send it back. There are a couple of mods that you can't as the protection is in the mod itself; that seems to work since none have blown up yet, although some purists don't agree with this approach.

Anything you do with RC123 cells has to be carefully considered as they have the worst record of any cell for exploding. Basically this is because they are too small to do the job safely, no matter what anyone says to the contrary. You cannot get big voltage/power from a pair of small cells safely, and just because most don't fail does not mean it is safe. There is very little safety margin.

There are plenty of people who disagree with me on this, but in the end it's a matter of personal choice. You pay, you choose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.