Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I'm looking to get some new 18650 batteries for my zmax and was wondering which batteries would be a better choice. So if you battery experts could let me know which is the better choice for long life. The Samsung ICR18650-28a 2800 mah or the Panasonic NCR18650b 3400 mah battery. So if you have used both and have real life experiance or are just an electrical genius and battery expert please let me know and thank you in advance for any input.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Nobody out there have any suggestions? I guess I'll do eenie meenie minie moe.

I can't say about the ones you posted about. I only use the AW IMR batteries. Most manufactures recomend them and if the maker of the device recomends it then that's What I'm using.

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
If u search you well find your answer, this topic has come up often. I use the efest 18659 imr 2000mah. I also use the efest 18350 imr 800mah stacked, so far so good. Each set has now gone through 3-4 charges. Many well say Panasonic not sure which number so give people a chance to wake up get home from work etc to reply. They will. Not trying to say your impatient just saying. Lol

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Please stay with safe chemistry batteries,the best 18650 are the panasonic cgr18650ch i get a full day out of one.Amazon.com: 4pcs Panasonic CGR18650CH 3.6 Volt Li-ion shipping free 18650 Battery 2250 mAh: Everything Else

Are the two batteries I listed not safe chemistry? The cgr18650ch's are what I am currently using I get about 26 hours out of them. I was just wondering if the samsung ICR18650-28a or the panasonic NCR18650b would last longer. Also the zmax has built in protection so I don't think the battery not being safe chemistry is an issue.....right?

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
How about these new panasonic NCR18650PD 3.6v 2900 mah batteries? Anybody try these yet? Fasttech has them for 15 dollars for a 2 pack.

Panasonic and AW are the best batts on the market. Although I have heard good things about those samsungs you posted.
I believe the Panasonic ones are a hybrid of icr (protected) and imr (Safe chemistry). The gray panasonics are discontinued in favor of the newer green ones with more mah. Personally id get the green ones but the gray ones are great. You probably wouldn't be sorry with the samsungs either for the record.

rockb4

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2013
us
Are the two batteries I listed not safe chemistry? The cgr18650ch's are what I am currently using I get about 26 hours out of them. I was just wondering if the samsung ICR18650-28a or the panasonic NCR18650b would last longer. Also the zmax has built in protection so I don't think the battery not being safe chemistry is an issue.....right?

Neither of those batteries are IMR, on top of that the Samsung requires a different charger. Pretty good batteries for flashlights.

Stick with the Panny cgr18650ch's hybrid or IMRs from AW or EFEST.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
How long do your AW 18650 batteries last you between charges?
A full day.

ICR batteries are protected batteries, not safer chemistry (imr or high drain batteries).

Some PV's with processors with built in protection, will not fire with protected batteries. High drain (or IMR or safer chemistry) are built for short bursts of power that boost circuits in VV VW processors require. ICR or protected batteries are not designed for this.

ICR = protected batteries.

IMR = high drain, safer chemistry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread