The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

battery explosion, what happened?

Discussion in 'Mech Mods' started by aetherolea, Dec 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. anavidfan

anavidfan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    Why? because I like it. There are others that do also. Why do people still like vinyl. Why do some people prefer using a manual transmission.

Why should I stay with the man I love when Im sure I can do better? He makes me happy.

Mechs make me happy and give me what I want. I have one reg device, which I like, but I prefer my mechs. They suit my needs.

Its what I prefer because I enjoy it, because I am vaping for me not anyone else.

We are all vapers, we should have a choice to vape what and how we want. Its always divided here in one way or another. When we can stop thinking what I do is the bestest, and bickering, thats when we can make our stand and keep our freedom to vape how each of us wants.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Lessifer

Lessifer Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

My most treasured mech mod cost more than all of my other mods combined. Why do I use it? Because it's a piece of quality gear that will probably outlast me. It's also a squonker, allowing me to drip without dripping. I get roughly two days from an 18650 battery, with minimal difference in vape from start to finish. If something goes wrong with it, I can fix it myself. There is no board to fry, no pulse rattle, no menus to fuss with. It's simple, and durable, and beautiful.

Why vape at 45 watts when 20 is sufficient? Why vape 10 different flavored when one will do? Because we want to.

My mech, in my knowledgeable hands is as safe, or safer than a regulated mod in the hands of a new user.

• Like Like x 5
  3. anavidfan

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    Exactly, Its what youre comfortable and satisfies you.

I hate when some people start the old why vape at 200 watts, why not. If that is their sweet spot why not. Everyone has to stop the bickering.

My dream car is a 67 Karmann Ghia, others is a 92 Ferrari, Others is a Prius. I want the right to someday get my Ghia, but alas it seems I might never be able to get one and if I do gas combustion engines will probably be against the law.

If we dont stick together as vapers and bicker about this is safe, NO this is safer, thats old school, those are dangerous etc.... Its user error is what everyone starts to post, its old tech, its because its a mech.....

NO its the USERs lack of basic knowledge.... Some are on the bus that they should have been instructed better, some are the opposite the user was a dummy and riddance to them , Darwins law at its best. Just remember that dummy might be a friend of your childs, or wife or husband, and they might get taken out along with them.

OK, Im off my stupid soap box, throw it away, cause Im tired or being preachy and just want to vape.

• Like Like x 3
  4. duc916

duc916 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2012
    Nor Cal
    One word: VAPOCALYPSE.

The end is nigh, and your cheap regulated mods have a shelf life of a few years at best.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Libbydude

Libbydude Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2012
    Idaho
    Weird. My wife read a story about exploding batteries and tried to ban ecigs in my house awhile ago. I defended myself by shorting a battery in a mod on the back porch.

It was funny watching her close her eyes and put her hands over her ears as she watched from the kitchen window.

My boring display won me the right to keep on vaping... Now, if I could only think of a way to prove to her that microwaves are safe.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. aetherolea

aetherolea Full Member

Dec 4, 2015
    I was just wondering why you preferred them, I wasn't trying to cast any judgement.

If she won't believe the science of microwave radiation is less powerful than the rays we are exposed to from the sun, maybe she will like the idea that microwaves use less energy to cook things. Therefore they are exposed to heat for a lesser amount of time reducing the amount of nutrients lost from heat degradation.

7. aetherolea

aetherolea Full Member

Dec 4, 2015
    I think the reason my short was so explosive was the lack of anywhere for the gas to vent. This caused the pressure to build up to a critical point. If there had been a small hole to vent the gas i wold have noticed the problem, and the battery wouldn't have shot to like a bullet.

• Like Like x 1
  8. anavidfan

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    Ok, here are what a mech makes me feel and experience.

Its simple, I need simple.

I like to clean and I can take it apart and make sure its really clean. I like the process, like cleaning a gun or cleaning my computer.

I know Im weird but I actually like the progression of the battery getting low. I get the great punch when a place a fresh battery and I like the mellow subtle changes in flavor as it gets lower.

I like being able to experience a good build. How I can change it up just by lowering my coil or adjusting the position.

I love the size. Mostly I love the size. I like 18500 mode. On a reg device that lengthens it to 18650 size , add my big ugly FEVs or Taifun tanks and it gets even longer.

Again, I like the sleek clean look of the mechs I have. No lights, no screens. Maybe its because mechs are what got me to the state of satisfaction I have. If there is a problem (rarely) its so easy to figure out where the problem is. No need to update software. I could go on, and with every "reason" theres a con by someone that enjoys regulated.

I like my reg device, a simple 60 watt. Yes its nice to know that every puff is the same... But like some marriages... same gets boring. I enjoy my mans "aging" process and remember the early years with fondness... But like my mechs, they are just reliable for years to come.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.