hybrid mech mod inline voltmeter question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmc1980

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2011
massachusetts
Until recently I have only had 1 hybrid mech mod in my large collection of many different mods. When I wanted to check my battery life on any of my other non-hybrid mech mods with an inline voltmeter everything was fine. The first time I used the voltmeter to check the battery life on my hybrid mod the battery instantly stopped working and would not work on any other non-hybrid mech mods and would not register in my charger either. I now own 7 hybrid mech mods and being able to check the battery life on them would be very convenient. However, I am apprehensive to check my hybrid mech mods with a voltmeter because I don't want to kill any other batteries. Do hybrids short out batteries somehow when using a voltmeter? Was this just a coincidence (that seems very unlikely though)? Jeff

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida

jmc1980

ECF Veteran
    Nov 19, 2011
    massachusetts
    Does your online voltmeter have a protruding center pin? If no, the answer is “yes” but only for that particular inline voltmeter
    WOW, I can't believe I was that ignorant!!! The center pin is not protruding far enough for a hybrid. I have been vaping long enough to know better than to use a hybrid only if I have a long enough protruding center pin on my tanks 510 connection. Thanks for stating the obvious, Jeff

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    WOW, I can't believe I was that ignorant!!! The center pin is not protruding far enough for a hybrid. I have been vaping long enough to know better than to use a hybrid only if I have a long enough protruding center pin on my tanks 510 connection. Thanks for stating the obvious, Jeff
    Happens to everyone and who is Jeff?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread