TL;DR: Obviously I don't want my mech to explode on me. I used a 0.07Ohm build on a mech for a few days (having measured it with a faulty device) and haven't had my mech heat up, the batteries seem fine and my face hasn't been destroyed by an explosion. How is this possible? I had a regulated device that stopped firing but was still "reading" coils so I figured I could still use that device as an ohm meter whilst waiting for an actual ohmmeter to arrive. One of my builds read 0.3 ohms so I figured it was safe and was happily vaping away for a few days until the ohmmeter came through. Firstly, I built something on my merlin mini and it measured to 0.2 ohms. I looked at the pin and decided I should probably put the 510 cap thing on my mod, even though the pin does technically protrude a little, just to be on the safe side. I then proceeded to remeasure the first build using the ohmmeter, just out of curiosity. When completely screwed in it doesn't read at all. In fact, neither of my devices with long-protruding pins read when fully screwed in, I don't understand why. Ever so slightly undone however, this coil read 0.07ohms...which would produce 60Amps at 4.2V - hell, 42ishA when the battery is down to 3V, which is still way above the 30A rating of my batteries. Naturally, I removed the coil immediately and built something much safer. Just kidding, my life is expendable. I put a fully charged battery in there, vaped for a few minutes and popped the battery out to see if it was getting hot - the mech itself wasn't - and the battery was pretty chill. Obviously, I changed the coil before taking the device outside as I don't want to harm anyone undeserving. With all the talk of how dangerous mech mods are I'm surprised at, well, how not dangerous this seemed to be. How/why are my batteries fine with this?