Battery For Lavatube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaT4ever

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2011
MA
I just recieved my Lavatube. I was thinking I could use my 18650 batteries from my Silver Bullet. I put them in the Lavatube, it works but I dont feel like im getting full range that I could. The batteries seem to get a little warm. Not to mention the batteries do not go in the device all the way. I dont want to damage the batteries or the device. Where do I get the correct size batteries for this? It recommends a Flat top High drain IMR 18650, I really dont see the difference when looking at the pictures for the 18650 I have now. Maybe the top is more flush so it screws all the way in? If someone who has the Lavatube would help me out Id appreciate it, thanks.

Keeno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indiana
Super T Manufacturing, Innovative manufacturer of electronic cigarette products.

Introductory Sale on these right now.

Pick up a couple of the AW IMR 18650 3.7V 2000mah. IMR batteries are what you are supposed to use in the Lava Tube and the reason the batteries you are using don't fit properly. The battery you are using probably isn't allowing you to get the most out of your Lava Tube. You should really look around the forum a bit. There is a whole sub-forum dedicated to the Lava Tube and other mods.

Last edited:

MegaT4ever

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2011
MA
Super T Manufacturing, Innovative manufacturer of electronic cigarette products.

Introductory Sale on these right now.

Pick up a couple of the AW IMR 18650 3.7V 2000mah. IMR batteries are what you are supposed to use in the Lava Tube and the reason the batteries you are using don't fit properly. The battery you are using probably isn't allowing you to get the most out of your Lava Tube. You should really look around the forum a bit. There is a whole sub-forum dedicated to the Lava Tube and other mods.

Thanks Keeno!

Maximillian

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Nebraska
I just recieved my Lavatube. I was thinking I could use my 18650 batteries from my Silver Bullet. I put them in the Lavatube, it works but I dont feel like im getting full range that I could. The batteries seem to get a little warm. Not to mention the batteries do not go in the device all the way. I dont want to damage the batteries or the device. Where do I get the correct size batteries for this? It recommends a Flat top High drain IMR 18650, I really dont see the difference when looking at the pictures for the 18650 I have now. Maybe the top is more flush so it screws all the way in? If someone who has the Lavatube would help me out Id appreciate it, thanks.

Heyas MegaT4ever,

Disregard what it says about flat top batteries. That was originally the recommendation from the manufacturer. But, the flat top aw imr's that volcano originally sold ended up being counterfeits (not aw batts). Turns out aw doens't even manufacture a flat top imr 18650. So pretty much everyone using the lt, and even volcano themselves, went to using the button top imr 18650's, which fit and function just fine.

The reason your sb 18650's don't fit is because they are most likely protected batts. The protection circuit adds a couple milimeters of length to the batt. The imr's are safe chemistry batts, therefore they don't need the protection circuit, so are standard length for an 18650 batt.

The button top aw imr 18650 batts from super t manufacturing or other suppliers seem to be what everyone is using. That's what I've been using with my lavatube, with no problems. They fit and function perfectly. They run ~$10 each.

:D

Maximillian the Vaguely Disreputable

cjb313

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
Las Vegas
Thanks, I ordered 2 of the AW IMR 18650 the 2000mah ones from the site you guys posted from Super t manufacturing.

Keep your fingers crossed !! I ordered 2 of the new AW 2000 mAh batteries last week, and the strangest thing occurred.. Both of the new AW's side by side are NOT the same height, about .030"- .040" height difference (that's added to the already 1 mm extra height difference between them vs. The 1600's )..
Even stranger only the shorter one will fit into only one of my two LT's. ?? LoL !! The space can be any where from a finger nail to just barely seeing it if held to the light.. I'm betting, if you're cap is a bit loose (as so many units seem to have this issue) I'm figuring it will really look out of place.. Good luck !! or buy a .070 mm O-ring and stretch it around the cap...

Last edited:

MegaT4ever

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2011
MA
Keep your fingers crossed !! I ordered 2 of the new AW 2000 mAh batteries last week, and the strangest thing occurred.. Both of the new AW's side by side are NOT the same height, about .030"- .040" height difference (that's added to the already 1 mm extra height difference between them vs. The 1600's )..
Even stranger only the shorter one will fit into only one of my two LT's. ?? LoL !! The space can be any where from a finger nail to just barely seeing it if held to the light.. I'm betting, if you're cap is a bit loose (as so many units seem to have this issue) I'm figuring it will really look out of place.. Good luck !! or buy a .070 mm O-ring and stretch it around the cap...

I just placed my order on the 24th so im still waiting hoping to get them by the weekend do they send email when shipped? all i have gotten is a confirmation order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread