Not open for further replies.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Waitwaitwaitwait. Wait. Hold on.
Are you using the same batteries in 2 battery and single battery mods? Like not only the same type (which can be OK) but the exact same batteries? Like one battery takes a ride in the single cell mod and then later goes into a multi battery mod?:eek:
This is a really good question that deserves an answer....

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Are you using the same batteries in 2 battery and single battery mods? Like not only the same type (which can be OK) but the exact same batteries? Like one battery takes a ride in the single cell mod and then later goes into a multi battery mod?:eek:

Odge

Oct 3, 2018

I have 4 identical batteries. I use them in whichever mod and then put them into the battery charger when they are dead.

So, yes they've all had "rides" in each of my mods. Though not straight from one to the other without charging.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
yes they've all had "rides" in each of my mods
Ok. Forget about that practice. Some talk about "marriage". I prefer to talk about "battery packs".
The way we use batteries was never envisioned by the manufacturers, they produce cells for battery packs. To use them in a safe way we should do the same, there's a reason your cordless drill doesn't come with a pile of 18650 for you to put in but with a solid, fixed pack.

A "pack" to us is everything from a single cell to any number of cells, but once "assembled" you can't change it any more. Once you start to use 2 cells together you always use those 2 together and only in a pair configuration.
Same goes for a single cell (a 1-pack) or triple (3-pack) or n cells (n-pack), once you've decided in what pack a battery is going to be used it stays there and doesn't go into any other packs until it dies.

As vapers we're responsible for our own safety and have to adopt best practices. Having a pile of batteries that go sometimes alone, sometimes in larger packs poses a totally unnecessary risk.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Ok. Forget about that practice. Some talk about "marriage". I prefer to talk about "battery packs".
The way we use batteries was never envisioned by the manufacturers, they produce cells for battery packs. To use them in a safe way we should do the same, there's a reason your cordless drill doesn't come with a pile of 18650 for you to put in but with a solid, fixed pack.

A "pack" to us is everything from a single cell to any number of cells, but once "assembled" you can't change it any more. Once you start to use 2 cells together you always use those 2 together and only in a pair configuration.
Same goes for a single cell (a 1-pack) or triple (3-pack) or n cells (n-pack), once you've decided in what pack a battery is going to be used it stays there and doesn't go into any other packs until it dies.

As vapers we're responsible for our own safety and have to adopt best practices. Having a pile of batteries that go sometimes alone, sometimes in larger packs poses a totally unnecessary risk.
Just a small precision :
You can use whatever batteries in whatever mod you choose, so long as those batteries we're "married" or in other words used together and charged together. You don't need a specific "pack" for every mod, if a mod uses 2 batteries you can use these in any other 2 battery mod after all :p

Same with 1,3 or more batteries.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You know, yes, you can't exactly compare 1 to 2 battery mods in terms of life. There also enters the question of how efficiently battery discharge is converted by the mod's board to wattage. I have some batteries that are kind of "battery hogs" and others that just seem to conserve battery life far longer. This can be added to or subtracted to in all sorts of ways, some mods will essentially "turn themselves off" if not used in a specified period of time, and that can make a difference. Mods with extensive displays and/or things like clocks, whistles large color screens and etc. can also make a difference.

I'm not saying your Smok mod has all those things, my guess is, Smok being smok, they may not have the most efficient board on the market, in fact I very much doubt they do, so if you like this mod, you really want to consider which battery is going to suit it's (and your needs) best. I'm not saying it's a bad mod, but it may be a mod that drains hard and fast, and you may want to look at what battery would suit that application. Maybe.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread