Battery Question/ MTL vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ Hair

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2018
Hello Friends
I recently picked up a Smok AL85 baby
And a Aspire Nautilus 2s tank. Im running a LG 20A 18650 and using a .4 ohm coil recomended at 23-28 watts. I am vaping 35 mg nic salts.
I have 2 questions

1- Am I safe vaping 35 mg nic salts between 23-28 watts?

2- Is this a suitable battery for my set up?

Thank you for your time!
Cheers

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Am I safe vaping 35 mg nic salts between 23-28 watts?
Nothing is truly safe, but there are a number of people who vape 36mg at those power levels and even higher, who've been doing it for many years, and who are still with us.
Yes, no problem at that power level.

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
Yes, you should be perfectly safe, from a battery standpoint. Not familiar with that mod, but let's assume the cutoff voltage for that mod is 3 volts. On a regulated device, you calculate amp draw by highest watts used/cutoff voltage

So 28/3=9.3333333 amps

So you're good! Just make sure you got the battery from a well known supplier so we know it's authentic

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Hello Friends
    And a Aspire Nautilus 2s tank. Im running a LG 20A 18650 and using a .4 ohm coil recomended at 23-28 watts. I am vaping 35 mg nic salts.
    I have 2 questions

Thank you for your time!
    Cheers

Are you vaping mouth to lung or direct to lung? If mtl, then your strength should be fine - you'll know if it's too high when you get a headache, or feel icky.

If you're vaping direct to lung - it may be a bit high - but again your body will soon tell you.

JJ Hair

ECF Veteran
    Oct 10, 2018
    Are you vaping mouth to lung or direct to lung? If mtl, then your strength should be fine - you'll know if it's too high when you get a headache, or feel icky.

If you're vaping direct to lung - it may be a bit high - but again your body will soon tell you.
    Mtl. yeah i agree if I was vaping regulare eliquid i would be thanks for the reply.

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    Hello Friends
    I have 2 questions

While I wouldn't want to do it, if it's not making you sick then you're safe (or as safe as we ever are with vaping and nicotine, which is probably pretty safe). Since we're inhaling nicotine as opposed to drinking it, it's actually rather hard to overdose in a dangerous way. Inhaled nicotine takes effect so quickly that it'll make you so miserable you stop vaping long before it becomes a real problem.

Signs of too much nicotine:
    • Hiccups (yes, seriously, at least for some people)
    • Nausea
    • Headache
    • Dizziness
    If you get some or all of these symptoms, stop vaping. It should take about 20 minutes to process it. When you start feeling better, lower your nicotine and try again. That's about all there is to it.

Probably. When you're asking about batteries, it's best to list the model number. I expect you're using an LG HG2, since it's a very common battery that fits your description. In any case, you can use a 20 A battery up to 60 watts (although if you were vaping at 50 - 60 watts regularly I'd recommend something else.) At 20 - 30 watts, the HG2 is one of the most appropriate batteries you could be using. The Samsung 30Q and Sony/Murata VTC6 would also be suitable.

Two warnings about batteries:
    1. The advertised CDR is often inaccurate, so be careful about trusting it. I don't think it's a problem in your case since the LG HG2 really is rated at 20A.
    2. There are a lot of counterfeit batteries around, so it can be hard to tell if your purported LG HG2 really is an LG HG2. The best way to deal with this problem is to buy all batteries from a reliable vendor. You'll find a list of good ones at the bottom of this page.

JJ Hair

ECF Veteran
    Oct 10, 2018
    While I wouldn't want to do it, if it's not making you sick then you're safe (or as safe as we ever are with vaping and nicotine, which is probably pretty safe). Since we're inhaling nicotine as opposed to drinking it, it's actually rather hard to overdose in a dangerous way. Inhaled nicotine takes effect so quickly that it'll make you so miserable you stop vaping long before it becomes a real problem.

Signs of too much nicotine:
    • Hiccups (yes, seriously, at least for some people)
    • Nausea
    • Headache
    • Dizziness
    If you get some or all of these symptoms, stop vaping. It should take about 20 minutes to process it. When you start feeling better, lower your nicotine and try again. That's about all there is to it.

Probably. When you're asking about batteries, it's best to list the model number. I expect you're using an LG HG2, since it's a very common battery that fits your description. In any case, you can use a 20 A battery up to 60 watts (although if you were vaping at 50 - 60 watts regularly I'd recommend something else.) At 20 - 30 watts, the HG2 is one of the most appropriate batteries you could be using. The Samsung 30Q and Sony/Murata VTC6 would also be suitable.

Two warnings about batteries:
    1. The advertised CDR is often inaccurate, so be careful about trusting it. I don't think it's a problem in your case since the LG HG2 really is rated at 20A.
    2. There are a lot of counterfeit batteries around, so it can be hard to tell if your purported LG HG2 really is an LG HG2. The best way to deal with this problem is to buy all batteries from a reliable vendor. You'll find a list of good ones at the bottom of this page.
    I appreciate the time yoo took to respond to my questions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread