Status
Not open for further replies.

chimchim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
GA
justacatholicgirl.wordpress.com
I hesitate to post this because I'm so new and it may have been discussed already...however, I know from reading this forum you all are awesome and very helpful!

First let me say hi to all of you and say that I am so happy I found V4L. I am analog free for 13 days now! Can't believe it! I had no issue what so ever with the transition. I smoked a little under 1 pack a day of Marl Ultra Lights.

I have a VK Extra Long Auto Battery that won't vape some of my cartomizers. I'll put on a cart, draw and nothing. The batt has a full charge. I will take that same cart and put it on my pass through or a shorter battery and no problem. What do you think the issue is? Some carts will work on this XL battery, others will not but then will work on other batteries.

Thanks in advance for any replies. Have a fabulous day everyone! :vapor:

Rappel_Welch

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
South Carolina
It happens to me as well. Just raise the post on the cart when you switch to the Xl and it will vape just fine. It happens with most of my carts.
Congrats on the transition and welcome! It's great to have you.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...batteries-tutorial-post-adjustment-video.html

I had to find the link for the video. Thanks to SnowDragon for always being there with the tips and tricks.
(that said, I hope I got it right and the link actually works)

Last edited:

twoskinsoneman

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
WV
I hesitate to post this because I'm so new and it may have been discussed already...however, I know from reading this forum you all are awesome and very helpful!

First let me say hi to all of you and say that I am so happy I found V4L. I am analog free for 13 days now! Can't believe it! I had no issue what so ever with the transition. I smoked a little under 1 pack a day of Marl Ultra Lights.

I have a VK Extra Long Auto Battery that won't vape some of my cartomizers. I'll put on a cart, draw and nothing. The batt has a full charge. I will take that same cart and put it on my pass through or a shorter battery and no problem. What do you think the issue is? Some carts will work on this XL battery, others will not but then will work on other batteries.

Thanks in advance for any replies. Have a fabulous day everyone! :vapor:

I have never had this problem but have heard that if you pry up on the center post of the carto (just a little) you can pull it up a hair and it will make contact. Right now I think it is not making contact with the center post of the battery.

Congrads on kicking the habit!

And yes everyone here IS awesome :)

Sayvil

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Hey Chimchim from another Atlanta Area Vaper. I live in McDonough. Peach State Vapors is having a meet-up on May 7th. It is at Old Town Bar and Grill in Lawrenceville. I am a techno idiot and dont know how to post a link to the subforum, but can give ya the info if you want. Congrats on quitting, it is a good feeling. My last cig was on Dec 27th.
Good Luck
MJ

chimchim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
GA
Hey Chimchim from another Atlanta Area Vaper. I live in McDonough. Peach State Vapors is having a meet-up on May 7th. It is at Old Town Bar and Grill in Lawrenceville. I am a techno idiot and dont know how to post a link to the subforum, but can give ya the info if you want. Congrats on quitting, it is a good feeling. My last cig was on Dec 27th.
Good Luck
MJ

I won't be able to attend the "meet up" but thanks for the info! Peach State Vapors huh? This vaping world is so cool! Who would have thunk? LOL! Thanks MJ! I'll hunt down the forum!

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Hi chimchim, welcome to the family!

Just a quick questions....are the Cartomizers that you experiencing problems with Wow Cartos, Premium Cool Carts, or both? If it appears that the problem is only when you use Premium Cool Carts you will need to sand down your battery threads.

YouTube - Vapor4life Tips, Tricks & Fixes for Cartomizers

chimchim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
GA
Hi chimchim, welcome to the family!

Just a quick questions....are the Cartomizers that you experiencing problems with Wow Cartos, Premium Cool Carts, or both? If it appears that the problem is only when you use Premium Cool Carts you will need to sand down your battery threads.

YouTube - Vapor4life Tips, Tricks & Fixes for Cartomizers

They've all been WoW as far as I can tell! Thanks SnowDragon. I've watched all your videos and I must say, you are most talented! With appreciation,
Michelle

chimchim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
GA
Thanks everyone...chim chim is a nickname my brother gave me because we were Speed Racer fanatics when we were young.

I have one other question...is it necessary to put the condoms back on your cartos if you aren't using them? Example: I'm trying out flavors and have a few going at once. White Choc, Van Frappe, Cowboy, Choc Raspberry, Blueberry etc. I switch back and forth through out my day. Will they dry out if I don't cover them back up when I'm not using them? I might pick one back up and put it on say 3 hours after I take it off. How fast do they dry out?

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
No, it's not necessary chim chim. If you are going to store a Carto for days or perhaps a week or more it might be prudent to the condoms on. It would take weeks, if not a month or more for a Carto to completely dry out.

I rotate 5 different Cartos for weeks without every putting the end caps back on, so no worries a couple of hours if not days is just fine.

Hope this helped......

Last edited:

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
One thing to note about charging the Autos is don't tighten them too tightly into your charger. In my experience doing so causes the center contact post of the battery to get pushed in just a little bit ... resulting in exactly the issue about which you asked. I used a stick/sewing pin to gently pry from the side of the post (first one side, then the other) to get it raise back up and make contact with the carto post.

HTH,
Jan

Last edited:

chimchim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
GA
Well, hello chimchim.

<--- I live in the big GA as well.

Glad to see another vapor in the Peach State. Good luck to you and happy vaping!

Well, hello to you too! Glad to meet you! :blush:
Hope you weren't affected by the tornadoes recently. We dodged a huge bullet here in the ATL.

chimchim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
GA
No, it's not necessary chim chim. If you are going to store a Carto for days or perhaps a week or more it might be prudent to the condoms on. It would take weeks, if not a month or more for a Carto to completely dry out.

I rotate 5 different Cartos for weeks without every putting the end caps back on, so no worries a couple of hours if not days is just fine.

Hope this helped......

Helped a lot! Thanks!

chimchim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
GA
One thing to note about charging the Autos is don't tighten them too tightly into your charger. In my experience doing so causes the center contact post of the battery to get pushed in just a little bit ... resulting in exactly the issue about which you asked. I used a stick/sewing pin to gently pry from the side of the post (first one side, then the other) to get it raise back up and make contact with the carto post.

HTH,
Jan

Thank you! This is great info! I have successfully vaped those cartos on that XL battery. I did what y'all told me to and voila...vaping like crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread