Battery turning itself on

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcE

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2008
Oxford, UK
Wow that's really strange, these things should only turn on when dragged on, I would be surprised if u had more than one battery doing this. Where did u purchase them from? Maybe they are knock-off ones that don’t work properly?? I’ve bought 3 from e-cigs.co.uk and apart from one of them barely holding a charge I’ve had no problems like this. Do u work in a room where the pressure is lower than outside? I’m not sure if pressure differences have an effect on these things but I’m going to throw the idea out there anyway! Personally i would look to getting them replaced.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
sounds like the new generation of "High Tech"electromagnetic switches i was told about... he he he

they were described to me as "being a little over sensitive"... they sometimes came on when they shouldnt.. "did i still want the 100 i had ordered"..

sellers be warned.. new generation of dse 901 batteries.. over sensitive and having a 3 seconds cut off.. not five..

sounds like they are arriving..

trog

ps.. its said not to do any harm..

Last edited:

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
I'm not gonna say who i got these from because i belive him to be a very respectable man. I will confront him about the problem today and hope for the best. thanks guys, i'll keep you posted.

freddo.. its nothing to do with the seller get it right.. he gets his stuff from a supplier he is simply a reseller.. if the factory alter their specifications he cant do anything about it.. dont blame the seller or even think he can do anything about it.. except be aware..

no need to confront anybody.. whatever the factory has done it will be an "improvement"...

trog

Last edited:

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Interesting...
Do you have some more info on how those work?

no only what i have been told.. a new electromagnetic switch.. and three second cut off instead of five.. with possible over sensitively problems..

it might just be more "high Tech" sales bullsh-t.. but the simple pressure differential "suck" switch seems to be the piece being altered..

easier to activate but perhaps tooo easy.. i would guess..

trog

freddo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sorry i think i gave of the wrong impression. I by no means ment it was his fault, i just didnt want to name names as people might get the wrong idea about the seller i bought from and i don;t think that is necessary.

The batteries are pretty dodgy though, my freind had one in her pocket and it began to burn her leg! crazy stuff

freddo.. its nothing to do with the seller get it right.. he gets his stuff from a supplier he is simply a reseller.. if the factory alter their specifications he cant do anything about it.. dont blame the seller or even think he can do anything about it.. except be aware..

no need to confront anybody.. whatever the factory has done it will be an "improvement"...

trog

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
it might just be more "high Tech" sales bullsh-t.. but the simple pressure differential "suck" switch seems to be the piece being altered..
An electro magnetic switch would mean they use a Reed switch. But even if they do use that, there should be some moving parts inside to move the magnet if it's a switch triggered by sucking the mouthpiece. I don't see any gain in reliability.

just4747

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
There's nothing new or different about these batteries you guys have...I bought a 901 over a month ago and one of the 2 batteries I got did the same thing, would light up and power on even when not screwed onto the atomizer. Usually a quick movement of the battery in my hand would always make it light up.

I contacted the seller and he told me before exchanging them to try sticking a straightened-out paperclip in the atomizer-end of the battery and carefully push around in there to try and straighten out the pressure switch which is activating wrongfully. I did this once, tested the battery again by moving it around and it definitely lit up less often but still did it. I tried the paperclip again and moved it around inside a few more seconds...

Ever since then, it's never done it again, over a month later :) Try it.

Soot

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
Belfast, UK
Thanks for the tip Just4747 - I'll give that a try. What I had been doing was just giving a quick blow through which turned the switch off. The 2nd battery hasn't got this issue.

I'll try your suggestion but to be honest it hasn't bothered me that much apart from making me think the e-cig has just hit one of those dreaded cleaning cycles!

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
There's nothing new or different about these batteries you guys have...I bought a 901 over a month ago and one of the 2 batteries I got did the same thing, would light up and power on even when not screwed onto the atomizer. Usually a quick movement of the battery in my hand would always make it light up.

I contacted the seller and he told me before exchanging them to try sticking a straightened-out paperclip in the atomizer-end of the battery and carefully push around in there to try and straighten out the pressure switch which is activating wrongfully. I did this once, tested the battery again by moving it around and it definitely lit up less often but still did it. I tried the paperclip again and moved it around inside a few more seconds...

this has always been a problem justin.. but i was told my what i consider to be a reliable source.. the new 901 batteries are different than the old ones in switch design..

let me have a guess as to what electromagnetic might mean..

the old switched needed a simple pressure differential (suck) to keep it working.. the new switch might once activated be held closed by an electro magnet for a three second period then power to the magnet would go off and so would the switch..

the plus side a more positive switch action.. easier to activate..

the down side.. a switch that activates when it shouldnt.. and only a three second draw time..

win some lose some.. the batteries do have enough chippery inside to do this..

trog

Soot

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
Belfast, UK

Thanks Just4747 - tried the paperclip and it seems to have worked :thumb:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread