Status
Not open for further replies.

toothboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2010
Fayetteville, AR
I like it.

I've had mixed results on honey juices in the past--none were terrible, but they just weren't...right. Either the honey tasted "phony" or the honey taste was overpowering. I was more concerned about the latter with BK just because of my past experiences. But this wasn't the case, and I'll ruminate more on this later. Back to the juice.

Honey flavor is nice and "true", meaning I don't get a candy honey flavor, it actually tastes like real honey. The honey is primarily evident on the inhale and is apparent but not overpowering. It's nice. The exhale has more of a tobacco flavor, somewhat similar to AVE's Flue Cured (as you would expect). The first few go rounds I didn't taste much tobacco at all, but as I vape it more it has become more and more apparent (on the exhale). Vapor production is, as expected from AVE, exceptional. Juice is just the right thickness...I'm a dripper so I can't comment on how it would work in cartos, etc.

If I had any criticisms it would be that, for me, there was a hair too much "honey" and a hair too little "flue cured". But I'm nitpicking here. And that's simply based on my own preferences and expectations rather than how Ben intended the juice to be. And trust me, I'm nitpicking.

I learned something over the last few weeks. I've been vaping AVE almost exclusively for a couple of years, and every once in a while I'll think I need to try some other vendor's juices just to shake things up a little. 95% of the time I don't get past an eighth of the bottle, toss them, and then happily continue vaping my AVE for another few months. Recently I got some juices from a vendor that is very popular on the ECF that I actually LIKED. Well, I vaped these juices for a week or two and I found myself in flavor fatigue. They are still good, but they're just, well, too much. I have to take a break from them way more than I have to from Ben's juices. So what I learned was that, in my opinion, one of the things that AVE has and the vast majority of other vendors don't is BALANCE. There is just the right balance of flavor, juice consistency, vapor, etc. etc. to make for a wonderful, non-fatiguing vape. I never tire of AVE juices in the way I did from this other vendor. Sure, I might want to take a flavor break from BB and switch over to 555 or something, but the juices themselves are never fatiguing, and that's what keeps me coming back.

So now I'm rambling. But anyway, BK is a great new offering from AVE, and the more selections we have to choose from the happier we'll all be. It won't replace BB or Flue Cured for me, but it's a great balancing flavor that's a great addition to the arsenal. I'd definitely order again.

(I used an Ego Twist set at 4.3v using a 2.2 Joye atomizer when vaping this juice)

base234

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
Over the edge...
Got mine Saturday. Great right out of the mailbox. Tastes exactly like I hoped it would. I won't be aging it to see if it gets better or sweeter because I've been vaping it nonstop. It's right up there with The Great One with a LOT less PG. I will try mixing some with VG nic to lower the PG level to 5%, though I know it will probably kill the flavor. Sorry, I love PG but it doesn't love me.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
Got mine Saturday. Great right out of the mailbox. Tastes exactly like I hoped it would. I won't be aging it to see if it gets better or sweeter because I've been vaping it nonstop. It's right up there with The Great One with a LOT less PG. I will try mixing some with VG nic to lower the PG level to 5%, though I know it will probably kill the flavor. Sorry, I love PG but it doesn't love me.

I hear ya. That's why I was a little hesitant to put out a tobacco flavor with PG in it, but the PG Bees Knees performed so well that Christy wouldn't let me fiddle with it anymore.

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
I hear ya. That's why I was a little hesitant to put out a tobacco flavor with PG in it, but the PG Bees Knees performed so well that Christy wouldn't let me fiddle with it anymore.

Don't want to point out the obvious, but just wondering if you were aware that most of the Bees Knees reviews on the website are actually Rafalicious reviews.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
Don't want to point out the obvious, but just wondering if you were aware that most of the Bees Knees reviews on the website are actually Rafalicious reviews.

DOH! I noticed it but I thought reassigning the page would clear it. Argh. The product page is actually the older Raf-a-licious page and after fiddling with it to no end I can't find where to disassociate the older reviews with the new page. Going to leave this as is for now. Making a new page would create an issue too.*mumbles* "Maybe if I prune the...." *wanders off*

samwest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Gainesville Texas
MMMmmmmmm; Raf-a-licious. Got my bees knees today and was really worried cause the bottles were really hot. I agree with the OP lots of honey. Not sure what the PG level is but performed ok on my twist at about 4 volts. I think I'll let it set a week and burn through the bottle of BB first. I can't pinpoint my dislike of pg other than the lighter vapor and a bit of harshness (throat hit) but gosh I loves me some VG. I'm expecting a bottle of IKV RY4 Gold; stuff kinda reminds me of raf but with more pronounced flavor. Sorry about that but I really miss that stuff.

samwest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Gainesville Texas
I swore I would never mix AVE juices again; even when my tastes changed. I had about 10 mils of Blend 4 and 5 mils of Boba's and mixed em' because I had a whole bottle of Boba's due any day. Meh, then I got the Boba's and the Bee Knees and thought wow that honey is really pronounced and squirted 10 mils into the mix OMG! Wish I had a 100 mils of this stuff! I'll probably never be able to do it again, especially since I've sworn off of mixin' AVE juice. You've got to hand it to the Wookies because they know what they are doing and we don't. I don't think I'll ever DYI for that reason; and who needs to with vendors like AVE?

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Well I got my 100ml in yesterday. I trust Porphy, and if the flavor interests me, well I know he will deliver, so order the 100s because I don't want to run out to quick... I love the Bees Knees. And all the flavors I got I really like after initial impressions. Though I need to tank test them. Hype passes so far :)

I did not know it had PG in it though, because I was rushing to get my order in and didn't pay attention... However, between that and Hype @10% PG, it doesn't seem to be bothering me, and I think the flavors carry a little better in my genisis setups.

I would like to see more tobacco flavors @10% PG only because I think it helps carry the flavor more (but admittedly not an expert).

craftmath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2011
Wilson, NC
Loving the berry dream, the bees knees...not so much.

Bee's Knees isn't hitting on too much for me either. I hope the 100+ degree temps we've had for the past week didn't ruin my juice as it sat in my mailbox all day. I got a flavor bump in the juice, but there still isn't a lot of flavor. Take note that it has sat for about two days since delivery to "steep". I'm going to let it sit for a week or two and then revisit to see if anything has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread