Beginner On Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanR

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2018
Someplace in SC
I made my juice long time ago. During that time I used 20 drops = 1 ML, and we had 100% pure Nic, and had to tone it down to what we wanted. Now days as I've noticed is everyone is using percentages, and I'm totally lost. So I need help so that I can start making my again. vape shop I guess increase prices, and can't afford it as being disable. Anyway, the way I would like to go is making NET's. So with this info, can anyone help me clairfy alot of things for me?

Thanks
Dan

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You need to learn to use an online e-liquid recipe calculator. That will help you to convert recipe percentages to mililiters of juice. How To Make Your Own E-liquid. This is just one, there are dozens of them online. Use google search.

E-liquid-calculator.png

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I made my juice long time ago. During that time I used 20 drops = 1 ML, and we had 100% pure Nic, and had to tone it down to what we wanted. Now days as I've noticed is everyone is using percentages, and I'm totally lost. So I need help so that I can start making my again. Vape shop I guess increase prices, and can't afford it as being disable. Anyway, the way I would like to go is making NET's. So with this info, can anyone help me clairfy alot of things for me?

Thanks
Dan
Are you talking about 100% nic or 100mg nic?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I made my juice long time ago. During that time I used 20 drops = 1 ML, and we had 100% pure Nic, and had to tone it down to what we wanted. Now days as I've noticed is everyone is using percentages, and I'm totally lost. So I need help so that I can start making my again. Vape shop I guess increase prices, and can't afford it as being disable. Anyway, the way I would like to go is making NET's. So with this info, can anyone help me clairfy alot of things for me?

Thanks
Dan
Hi Dan,
Nothing has changed, you can still get 100mg/ml (10%) base. (The same as you had used before.)

Welcome back

Cheers
I

• Agree

DanR

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2018
Someplace in SC
I guess I need to start a little back. I use to have to order 100% nic, 100% PG and 100% VG. After that I used a cal. to get the nic down where I wanted it. I've heard now days you can order what ever nic level you want (Nic, PG, and VG already added), and all you needed to do would be to add your flavors, and now your good to go. Is this correct?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I guess I need to start a little back. I use to have to order 100% nic, 100% PG and 100% VG. After that I used a cal. to get the nic down where I wanted it. I've heard now days you can order what ever nic level you want (Nic, PG, and VG already added), and all you needed to do would be to add your flavors, and now your good to go. Is this correct?
The reason I asked is that we may discuss 100mg/ml nic but not 100% nic. ECF rules.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
You can order it like that but keep in mind that your pg/vg/nic levels will be off when you add flavorings. Its simple to order them separately and mix.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
100% nicotine (pure nicotine) is very dangerous to handle. You would need to wear thick rubber gloves up to your elbows to protect you from spills on your skin and a respirator to avoid breathing the vapors.

As stated above, the highest percent solution recommended is 100 mg/ml which is 10% by volume. Then you would add VG and/or PG plus flavorings.

Nicotine is usually sold in solution with VG, PG or a mixture of the two.

dsites

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2017
Nederland, Colorado
I go for simple ...Buying pre-mixed base with the pg/vg ratio and nic level you prefer is nice and easy. At that point, mix in whatever amount of flavor you prefer. I like a little under %10 so a 30 ml batch has 27 ml of base and 3 of flavor. Mt Baker (among others) sells the pre-mixed base, flavors, beakers, and bottles to get you started.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Buying that way (and you certainly can) may be more convenient. As long as you can handle the slight changes when you add flavorings, you can certainly mix in that fashion.

I choose not to as a) it is also the most expensive way to mix and b) given what the FDA is looking at, as far as space, I can store (in the freezer, to preserve the nicotine) at a higher strength and then dilute it down as needed. The FDA is proving itself a bit unpredictable these days, so my preference is to use 100 mg/ml nic and to have a fair amount of it stashed away.

Of course, this doesn't apply if you aren't in the US, and you may decide that the convenience outweighs any concerns you have about the future. Every vaper has to make their own decision on that, and perhaps a happy medium might be having a few liters of higher strength nic frozen in case the worst occurs, and continuing to mix the way you wish unless/until you can't and etc.

Just my thoughts, and while buying nic that way overall is slightly more expensive the convenience may outweigh any cost, and it should still be less expensive than buying storebought juice and etc.

Just my thoughts, as always,

Anna

Reactions: Plantsmantx

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
So I need help so that I can start making my again. Vape shop I guess increase prices, and can't afford it as being disable. Anyway, the way I would like to go is making NET's. So with this info, can anyone help me clairfy alot of things for me?
Welcome and glad you joined.
The more you read about mixing the more likely you will become successful.
Might like to read the following compilations:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/dannyv45.130984/
diy_beginners_guide - DIY_eJuice
http://www.thevaperstable.com/diy/
http://www.ejuicemakers.com/help/
Getting Started: DIY 101 – Mixing Your Own eLiquid
http://diyordievaping.com/category/latestnews/beginnertips/
A Beginner's Guide To Making The Most Highly-Rated Recipes by Scottes777 • r/electronic_cigarette
Might want to hold off on nets for awhile until you nail down basic mixing.

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    In my opinion still the best way to mix is from scratch. Buy PG, VG, Nic and flavourings and have a go. Far cheaper that pre-mixes and much more fun. Make sure you have mixing equipment and make sure your careful with the nicotine. Use a mixing calculator and hey presto........Juice to vape. As always make a note of what youve done in case you find one that is brilliant and want to repeat the mix.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread