Status
Not open for further replies.

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
Could you be a bit more specific in the model? Are you referring to the standard Ego-T tank system? I know there is something new out there called the super T or something so I want to make sure.

If it is the standard Ego T tank system, you can pick up an Ego Booster (I got mine at Totally Wicked). I screws right onto your existing Ego battery under your atomizer/cartomizer and has a small dial which changes the voltage from 3.3 all the way to 4.7

I've been using it on my Ego batteries and it's working really well.

WV_Mountaineer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2011
Almost Heaven
As long as the VV battery has a 510 ego connector that is raised to accomodate a skirted atty such as the ego-T atty or if the VV device has a flush connector you'll need to add and ego adaptor to it.

The only other drawback I can think of is that ego-t attys don't wick very fast, so using too high of a voltage on one may give you some harsh dry hits due to the wick not being able to keep up.

McAldo

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
London
Thanks everybody and sorry for the hazy question, I am really completely new to vaping and never had an ego T or a lavatube vv in my hands, so I am trying to figure out what I need from what I read online.
Yep, my idea was to buy an Ego T and then a battery allowing for VV.
Good to know that it can be done but at higher voltages the results might not be as good as with other products.
This forum is a mine of useful info and full of nice people, thanks again!

iKN0WaGH0ST

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Northern Virginia
Thanks everybody and sorry for the hazy question, I am really completely new to vaping and never had an ego T or a lavatube vv in my hands, so I am trying to figure out what I need from what I read online.
Yep, my idea was to buy an Ego T and then a battery allowing for VV.
Good to know that it can be done but at higher voltages the results might not be as good as with other products.
This forum is a mine of useful info and full of nice people, thanks again!
DO NOT buy an ego t kit if you're just planning on trashing the batteries of not using them. Save yourself a few bucks and figure out what vv battery/mod you want, and then buy a few ego t attys (I personally would advise against ego attys though, look at some reviews for better attys, or use cartos). If you choose to buy the ego t attys, then buy the tanks they use for around $1 each (get 5-10)

What I would personally recommend (what I'm receiving in a few days) is a lavatube (cheap vv mod), a cartomizer tank system (jtank) and boge 2.0 cartos. With that you will be set. I wish I had known what I wanted before getting a v2, 510-t, and an ego with smoketek tank in the course of 3 weeks. I know the lavatube will be my sweet spot with the tank and cartos until I ever justify upgrading to a topend device such as a provari or darwin.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
If you're shopping around and want VV, a lavatube kit isn't much more expensive than an eGo kit, and it's far, far superior.

The only advantage of the ego over the lavatube is that some people who are just starting to vape don't want a large device. And the lavatube is much larger than the eGo.

The ego Booster thing that people are talking about gives you some voltage options for the ego, including a higher voltage setting than the ego will normally do. But it's 3 distinct settings, not nearly as much control as you get with most VV mods, and the high end is lower than most VV mods will do. it's also really pushing the ego battery to do it, and an ego booster alone costs almost as much as a lavatube.

McAldo

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
London
Folks,

I can only say thanks for sharing all this info and your personal preferences.
Today I have been taken by a momentary (I hope) lapse of insanity, frustrated with the deteriorating taste of my refilled cartomizers and the already failing batteries of my mini kit.

So, I have just gotten myself (honestly, I am a bit ashamed):

From a UK site, an open box deal on a Lavatube kit, which finger crossed should come knocking at my door tomorrow morning (please, please, please)
An SD keyring and set of cartomizers, for vaping on the go (I doubt I'll want to carry the Lavatube around, even if I am tempted to get me a Dart Vader suite to go with it :)
I wanted Boge cartomizers but couldn't find any in stock, so I went for another brand

From China, uhh, a pass through Ego-T kit and a 900mha VV battery too, which will become my on the go kit when it arrives (I already anticipate some problem with custom, shipping and so on, finger crossed)

Then some drip tips, alternative cartomizers high and low resistance, quite a few tyes of juices.

Now, I only need digging a nice unmarked hole in the garden and bury my credit card there, and I should be ok :D
I think, counting everything I have bought now and in the past, I am $20 over my monthly expense in cigarettes.
However, my lungs have been saying thanks since a few days already, and hopefully my only expenses over the next months will be juice, when I finish what I have and will receive (That point I should be able to order 60ml bottles rather than samples).

So, I am completely mad, but happy. Now, if Ionly had remembered to order a pack of dual coil (bury it, bury it now!!)

Thanks you so much again. Now I should be able to try and understand what works better with me.
Keeping in mind all the advice you have give me.
Great site to be in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread