Not open for further replies.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
During my first several months vaping, I bought 17 Ego batteries of various sizes and colors. One I dropped and the end popped off. I gave it to my brother to try to fix. Four I've given away.

But, yesterday, for the first time, I lost one to age. My pretty purple 900 mah Ego battery just plain wore out. Well, it wasn't actually totally dead yet. But, it was coming close enough to not be of much use anymore.

I'm used to 510 batteries giving out. But, this is the first Ego battery I've ever had that just plain wore out.

It's the beginning of the end for my old Egos. They were all bought in a 4 month period about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago. I see lots of trashcan-side funerals in the near future. So sad. An era is ending.

JudeD

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
PA
I haven't had any wear out yet, but I'm dreading it. I lost one when I dropped it and destroyed the button, but none have just stopped working. I think I'm going to save the dead ones and when I have enough, make a crafty piece of art for my desk. I'll definitely be ordering more twists when mine die. I love them.

Sorry yours are giving out, DancingHeretik. :(

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
sorry for your loss :oops:

Yes, it's always sad losing an old friend.
smiley_cryingpool_zpse22bf71d.jpg

You going to buy a new one to replace it..??
smiley_sad_wideyed_zpsa51cd524.jpg

What?! Replace my pretty purple baby?!

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
How long does on battery last for you? Mine has held up for more than two months?
I'm scared of it dying:( It's like my baby. My other two fried..Battery Suicide..R.I.P
I'm sorry for you loss my dear, may the vapor production memories be forever in your heart<3

I've got one that's more than a year old but I figure most are 6-9 months.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Sorry, bigcoop69. I just couldn't resist.

You're right. I'd better start thinking about replacing batteries since they're all about the same age. They could all go pretty soon!

. . . . I think I'm going to save the dead ones and when I have enough, make a crafty piece of art for my desk. . . . .
I'ld like to see that. Make sure to post pictures!

ShayBabe15 said:
How long does on battery last for you? Mine has held up for more than two months?
I'm scared of it dying It's like my baby. My other two fried..Battery Suicide..R.I.P
I'm sorry for you loss my dear, may the vapor production memories be forever in your heart<3
Like I said, mine are all 1 1/2 to 2 years old. The original 2 from my starter kit are still going strong. But, I never used those as much because they're the old style without 5-click on/off protection.

the_vape_nerd said:
OP umm why would you buy 17 Egos lol?

i've got 4 and i some of them dont get used in a week
Why? Lots of colors!!!

Chessiesmile

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2011
NE Arkansas
2013-03-08 15.03.49.jpg Husband thinks it's silly to buy new batteries, just because I want a different color, or style, so I am always excited when one of our older ones starts to not hold a charge very well. This is my latest favorite pv combo. I have the twist in white in both 650 and 900 mah, and they look so cute with the white ceramic drip tip, and gunmetal artemas tank. :) I love shopping for vape stuff. When I was a smoker, all I got to hold onto was a smoldering paper tube, now I have a "fashion statement"! lol

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
During my first several months vaping, I bought 17 Ego batteries of various sizes and colors. One I dropped and the end popped off. I gave it to my brother to try to fix. Four I've given away.

But, yesterday, for the first time, I lost one to age. My pretty purple 900 mah Ego battery just plain wore out. Well, it wasn't actually totally dead yet. But, it was coming close enough to not be of much use anymore.

I'm used to 510 batteries giving out. But, this is the first Ego battery I've ever had that just plain wore out.

It's the beginning of the end for my old Egos. They were all bought in a 4 month period about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago. I see lots of trashcan-side funerals in the near future. So sad. An era is ending.
Please announce the funeral time, date and location. I'd like to be there, and possibly say a few words, in the final remembrance.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
A moment of silence for the ego batteries, the unsung heroes of vaping.

Of course most of us do move on to bigger and better things, but I'm sure that for many of us here, the humble ego-style was a revelation.

Well put. I shall spare you the same fate I gave your cousin last week.

1 killer-lion-350x240.jpg

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
DH, da eGo has probably garnered more vapers than any other system within the past two years! Da 510s were da bees knees a few years ago. But I still provide eGo kits for my new v-verts.

I have a couple of my original eGo batts that still function and look like gnawed bones. Gotta luv 'em!!!

To ol' Purple...
RIP.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread