Best 18650 protected battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
So you are saying the UltraFire 3000 mAh is in fact a 2200-2300 mAh battery just like the TrustFire 2400 mAh? How can UltraFire get away with rating their battery at 3000 mAh, especially when according to you it is not possible to produce 18650's with anything over 2300 mAh capacity?

I use the tenergy 18650 with pcb (protection coating something) and they work just fine, I would not recomend the tenergy rcr123a's as they are doing nothing but pissing me off at the moment. they keep shutting off after 5 seconds. they shut off because they get hot and they wont work again for about 5 minutes. I only get one good drag off of them

What can I use instead of the Tenergy RCR 123a batteries in terms of size that would work better?
you mean the 3.0V LiFePo4 ones?
AW makes a LiFePo4 in that size that would work tons better..
the Tenergy ones have a <.55A max discharge rate and the AW ones are capable of up to a 10C discharge (so like <4.4A)...

If you're talking the tenergy Li-Ions it depends on your application...are you gonna stack batteries? which atty?
singularly or even stacked I'd say the AW 3.7V IMR high drain 16340 (same size as RCR 123A)

thebat1

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
wow holy thread resurection...

Anyway the Ultrafires are way over rated they're really about a 2400mAh...

here's actually a thread that compares 18650s:
LiIon 18650 battery comparison - CandlePowerForums

for my money I'll stick with the AW 2600 or the 2200mAh
OK so please help me what do I want to get for my new chuch I am about to order? what mAh and who has what I need for the best price. I have looked all over and cant figure out what I need OR who has it at the best price.
I dont like HOT juice... and thagbuilt just says 18650 on his site.. so I am confused.. information over load and then some..

Can you please advise what I should get?

thanks so much in advance....

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
OK so please help me what do I want to get for my new chuch I am about to order? what mAh and who has what I need for the best price. I have looked all over and cant figure out what I need OR who has it at the best price.
I dont like HOT juice... and thagbuilt just says 18650 on his site.. so I am confused.. information over load and then some..

Can you please advise what I should get?

thanks so much in advance....

if it were me I'd go for the AW 2600mAh if the chuck is capable using a flat top battery...the AW 2400mAh if not...for 3.7V

or... the AW 3V 16340 LiFePo4 stacked for 6V

or the 3.7V AW IMR 16340 LiMN high drain stacked for 7.4V

thebat1

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
if it were me I'd go for the AW 2600mAh if the chuck is capable using a flat top battery...the AW 2400mAh if not...for 3.7V

or... the AW 3V 16340 LiFePo4 stacked for 6V

or the 3.7V AW IMR 16340 LiMN high drain stacked for 7.4V
ok so if I DONT want it hot then lower mAh is this correct?? and what is Flat top battery?? Lost me there? no button on the top of the positive side? will it say that??

THANKS to all who answered.. Much appreciated

Oh yeah.. and who has the best price on these?

Last edited:

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
yeah lower voltage...really the heat is the wattage you're getting off of the combination of voltage and resistance of the atty...

a low resistance atty on 3.7V will produce more heat than some atties at a higher voltage...

the heat will also drop as you move along from LR atties to joye 510, 306, cartos, knock off 510, 801, 901....because the resistance goes up..

thebat1

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
yeah lower voltage...really the heat is the wattage you're getting off of the combination of voltage and resistance of the atty...

a low resistance atty on 3.7V will produce more heat than some atties at a higher voltage...

the heat will also drop as you move along from LR atties to joye 510, 306, cartos, knock off 510, 801, 901....because the resistance goes up..
ok so this is where I get lost to get the Coolest vape..(LOL for lack of better words.. ) I will use any 18650 (One of these of course) and what atty?? I usually do the cartos.. but I prefer to drip... taste much better...so what atty do I want for the coolest vape?

thanks so much everyone.. any idea who has the best price on the batteries?

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
ok so this is where I get lost to get the Coolest vape..(LOL for lack of better words.. ) I will use any 18650 (One of these of course) and what atty?? I usually do the cartos.. but I prefer to drip... taste much better...so what atty do I want for the coolest vape?

thanks so much everyone.. any idea who has the best price on the batteries?

I'd say a 901 atty... that's only 3.7 watts of heat...compared to a 3Ω carto that's 4.56W...or the 510 that's 5.95W...you could get cooler with a HV atty...but you start running into the problem that it might be so low that it wouldnt produce vapor at all

EDIT: it's like this...voltage(squared) /resistance= watts.....watts is an expression of heat...so the order I listed them in above is warmest to coolest..

Last edited:

crevenew

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2011
Arizona
Folks help. I needed to get an 1850 protected batt for my mod and a charger. I ordered from DW then was told by a friend that I may or may not see it in 6 weeks - slow delivery. Yet I see a lot of references to DW in these threads. IS DW that slow ? I also went onto Ebay and found the same products batts and chargers for just a few bucks more from US suppliers. Guidance please? :facepalm:

slumdog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
South Florida & NYC The Village
So you are saying the UltraFire 3000 mAh is in fact a 2200-2300 mAh battery just like the TrustFire 2400 mAh? How can UltraFire get away with rating their battery at 3000 mAh, especially when according to you it is not possible to produce 18650's with anything over 2300 mAh capacity?

They get away with it because if I'm not mistaken, which i usually am, lol .............they really are 3000mAh .......if used as directed the rating comes pretty close i think....but in a pv which is a high drain device, low drain batts have a general 2/3 life, and make sure if you are going to use a low drain batt that it is protected, i know this one is i have a few, but just my experience

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread