Best 26650 Battery for Sub Ohm Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a high voltage engineer (not d/c current, mind you), it's pretty safe to say that none of you are factoring in demand factors, coincidence factors etc. You are probably testing your coils with equipment that is + / - .2 ohms making any of your measurements below that number completely moot. I've yet to see an ohm meter with a 510 connection have better tolerances than + / - .1, but it's possible they have one. Either way, my main concern is that most of you have not bothered to look at his original question which is "WHICH 26650 BATTERY SHOULD HE BUY FOR HIGH DRAIN APPLICATION"? The caps don't mean I'm yelling hehe. Please specify the brand / version / model and a link if possible so we can look for a specsheet. I'm only trying to get back on topic.

Thanks

Last edited:

dibunam

Jun 2, 2014
Gatineau, Canada
What about the AWT 26650 4500mah 75A? Anyone has experience using them for subohming? I couldn't find any test or discharge curve on them. The closest thing to a specification sheet that I could find is this, which says they are 35A continuous and 75A max discharge:

75A 26650 high drain battery for Mods- AWT IMR 26650 4500mAh 75A 3.7V rechargeable battery, View 75A 3.7V rechargeable battery , AWT Product Details from Shenzhen Aweite Battery Technology Co., Limited on Alibaba.com

They are sold in Canada by DashVapes:

DashVapes - AWT 26650 4500MAH FLAT TOP BATTERY

krbydrm

May 27, 2013
Pittsburgh PA
I have the purple efest 3500 mAH 32A/64A. I have ran my .12 ohm dual parallel coils on my mephisto on the hades. I haven't had any issues with it. It actually has become my favorite choice over my IPV 50 watt 18650 regulated box mod at .3 ohm. I have read about people worrying about the efest purple being counterfeited but as far as mine, it hasn't gotten warm from ~6 sec draws. Not as bad battery from my personal experience.

damaged002

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Austin, Tx
Okay. So, I'm hearing "safe" and "unsafe". I'm using a Hades with a 26650. A Kayfun Lite 30mm at .9 ohms with a MNKE battery. Should I be worried?

Just to add, I've been using a 22mm Kayfun and Kraken at .9 ohms with 18650 Sony batteries for a very long time. If that matters. I have a VTC4 and a VTC5.

Last edited:

dibunam

Jun 2, 2014
Gatineau, Canada
Okay. So, I'm hearing "safe" and "unsafe". I'm using a Hades with a 26650. A Kayfun Lite 30mm at .9 ohms with a MNKE battery. Should I be worried?

Just to add, I've been using a 22mm Kayfun and Kraken at .9 ohms with 18650 Sony batteries for a very long time. If that matters. I have a VTC4 and a VTC5.

I've just found today this online calculator that can estimate safety for a given battery and coil:
Battery drain | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

sir_puffs_alot

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Hillsborough, NJ, USA

you are absolutly fine...those resistances are Well within those capabilities

sir_puffs_alot

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Hillsborough, NJ, USA
Ok alotta you dopes are in here saying I fire a .05 build on my hades and my battry is fine ...or I do a .08 on my hades with my mnke... you are NOT factoring in volt drop which on the hades is quite large (love em anyway) even on the copper which I also have, the contacts are plated brass on most and at such low builds the drop is quite high( I know i have tested)... If there was no drop you guys would be probly be venting your batteries...especially the kid saying he uses an mnke at ..09.....the mnke is 20 amp cont isnt meant for these super low ohm builds, the only reason nothing has happened is due to the hades larger volt drop...Id be scared running an mnke 26650 at .09 on a copper Manhattan or equivalent.... be carefull and dont tell people its ok to use that batt at what you use it at just because you havnt had a problem YET on your setup. They may have a mod that has much less volt drop and vent the same battery at your "SAFE" resistance

Roccov

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2012
Philly
vaporreporter.wordpress.com
Ok alotta you dopes are in here saying I fire a .05 build on my hades and my battry is fine ...or I do a .08 on my hades with my mnke... you are NOT factoring in volt drop which on the hades is quite large (love em anyway) even on the copper which I also have, the contacts are plated brass on most and at such low builds the drop is quite high( I know i have tested)... If there was no drop you guys would be probly be venting your batteries...especially the kid saying he uses an mnke at ..09.....the mnke is 20 amp cont isnt meant for these super low ohm builds, the only reason nothing has happened is due to the hades larger volt drop...Id be scared running an mnke 26650 at .09 on a copper Manhattan or equivalent.... be carefull and dont tell people its ok to use that batt at what you use it at just because you havnt had a problem YET on your setup. They may have a mod that has much less volt drop and vent the same battery at your "SAFE" resistance

Very well put sir! Most just do not look at all the factors. Thanks for setting them straight. Enjoy the day!:2cool:

Roccov

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2012
Philly
vaporreporter.wordpress.com
sorry if I was a little harsh

No need for an apology sir. IMO that is what is needed to get through to some of the nitwits out there. I started vaping only to quit. It's not a game to me, it's a way to save my health. My biggest fear is that the lack of safety is going to bring down this good thing we have. You know they are just waiting to write about some numskull that blows his face off. Enjoy the day!:2cool:

sir_puffs_alot

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Hillsborough, NJ, USA
And back to original post of whats a good subohm 26650, I would say these are the top 3 atm sony, panny,, vappower which is over 4200 mah and 40 amp cont and 60 pulse. The sony and panny have higher cont raitings but have been discontinued, but they are probly better for builds below .2 ohms. Im positive the sony has but only 50 percent the panny has been disc. I love my sony cuz it has very little battery sag, but its only 2600 mah. This vappower is doing very well indeed having 4200 mah and not getting warm at .2, best of both worlds, not much sag at super sub and high mah.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BATTERY AND WHY?
ALSO, DO YOU CARE HOW YOUR CHARGER PERFORMS?

Since the Panasonic CGR26650 and Sony VT26650SE's are becoming harder and harder to acquire, I've begun giving up on the idea of finding enough to always have one (or two) in my mods, while the others are charging :(.

HOWEVER, after going to the local vape shop for a new charger (my first Nitcore (i2)), I discovered they had some Purple Efest 26650's (which are 3500 mAh, 32A continuous/64A max discharge (burst), which I'd seen online and didn't want to wait for shipping, however being able to have them here and NOW talked me into :p. And I've gotta say they're really awesome batteries!

In a nutshell I think they're a perfect cross-breed of Sony's and MNKE's. MNKE'S have epic battery life (3500mAh), and an alright continuous discharge of 15amps (capable of bursting 60amps, I do noticed some warmth at 55amps bursting while chain vaping, which is slightly disconcerting). SONY's have and AWESOME continuous discharge of 50amps, with bursting calculated to be at 125amps (DON'T ATTEMPT, I kept it well below that number lol :p), however battery life was a little skimpy at 2600mAh.

I personally like being able to build with a flexible amp limit over longer battery life, because the Sony's had a decent battery life of around 6 hours heavy vaping, however the MNKE's definitely kept a steady firm charge for a good 8 hours, the Sony's would stay constant as well until the last minute and shut down all of the sudden, whereas the MNKE's would slowly slope towards the end.

These PURP'S aren't strained WHATSOEVER at 64amps (they stay cold the entire time as well, even through HEAVY chain-vaping), and the best part is; they last FOREVER! It's a strong charge (it has the "kick" that the Sony's do too, which is almost my favorite part, it ramps up super fast), that lasts for a good 8 hours, and it gives you everything until it can't and will tap out at the last second, leaving you with big, firm hits until it's time to charge again. :)

So these Purple Efests are my go-to battery if I can't find anymore Sony's/Panasonics, truly the perfect balance of what I need in a battery.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BATTERY AND WHY?
ALSO, DO YOU CARE HOW YOUR CHARGER PERFORMS?

I recently retired my first charger, it was a simple one-place charger, that had a red light that'd turn green when the battery was done. I'm not sure if the poor fella had any safety features, or if it'd shut off when charged (because it didn't come with a manual). Well, I thought it was time to get a charger with more slots because let's just say my vaping power consumption has gone up recently, and I'm almost mad I didn't get a "high quality" charger sooner!

I always thought it didn't matter when it comes to chargers, because they just do one job, and my cheap little guy was indeed...charging them. Well I finally gave in and spent a few bucks more on a Nitecore i2 (which I've heard ALOT about on ECF, thanks guys), and when my two 26650 purples charged in less than 3 hours I actually got excited! :ohmy: This thing charged 2 in half the time my other one could charge 1! And it also showed the progress of where they were in charge amount, as well as stopped charging automatically, this to me is the best part, being able to soothe my impatience and actually KNOW how much longer I need to charge them lol. I'm truly impressed and happy that my charging will take half the time, and half of my worry away (of wondering whether I need to remove it from the charger). Also I was never really worried about putting my batteries in the wrong way, but it's nice to not worry about or think about accidentally putting them in backwards (in the dark or something), because if basically anything happens that can possible burn your house down, it'll shut off.

(Having 2 slots is pretty priceless too, especially for you cloud-chasers and super-sub-ohmers out there, you know my pain!)

SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? DO YOU HAVE A BATTERY/CHARGER PREFERENCE? AND WHY? OR DO YOU CARE AT ALL? ANY FEEDBACK IS WELCOMED IN ADVANCE! :D VAPE STRONG Y'ALL.
REPLY NOW! DON'T THINK! GYOOO!

What a waste this forum appears to be.

The OP asked a question, and 169 "police officers" show up to soap box him. 2 or 3 people addressed the question. That's an hour I'll never get back.
Best batteries I've found to date are the MXJO, purple and green efest (not rated as high but 4200mah), and if you can find an orbtronics 26650

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
What a waste this forum appears to be.

The OP asked a question, and 169 "police officers" show up to soap box him. 2 or 3 people addressed the question. That's an hour I'll never get back.

Yup, this thread was a bust from early on. And then people that know even less about batteries showed up.

<Sigh> It's a waste ;). And it wasn't 169 of them, it was 214. I know. I counted them all :rolleyes:

edwinoey

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Anywhere
hold on. i just got confused. so 0.1 is dead short? then how bout ppl building coil below 0.1 like 0.08? I mean yes its dangerous but if using dual parallel battery, then it will be lot safer right? IMO, MNKE and Sony still doing its job. Ive heard the Vappower is the true 40 amp. who knew. im planning to buy dual 26650 tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread