Best 26650 Battery for Sub Ohm Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zod

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
Salt Lake
The Nitecore i4 2014 edition is my go to for my purple efests and MNKE 26650s. I have a 2 year old trustfire 4 bay but it takes forever to charge a depleted 26650, let alone 2+.

When it comes to the battery safety issue, my all day vapes are a quad coil 0.12 ohm build on a Big Block 454 and a dual twisted coil on the Dark Horse @ 0.28 ohms. The low resistance is due to more coils with more heating area, not to get the coils hotter. Flavor is great on multi coils with plumes of vapor for the mental satisfaction. I usually carry two mods to not push 1 harder than necessary and often pull the battery after chain vaping to ensure I'm not seeing heat gains. I trust the battery's factory ratings but only as far as is common sense. I only build this low because I like the 1-1.5 second wide open air draws that makes it feel like you're using an inhaler. I also mentholate my fruity juices so you get that nice menthol cooling all the way down in your lungs with a quick draw. The biggest down side is it's nearly impossible to stealth vape without pulsing the switch like mad.

I'd swap to a triple battery regulated like an SMY 260 or god mod but these units simply won't fire at anything below 0.4 ohms so to get that higher heating area to create lots of cool vapor you have to use huge high gauge single coils that are a nightmare to shape and fit into most RDAs. Been building for a buddy that daily vapes a God Mod and to get the level of vapor he wants it's a nightmare to wedge big coils in there so his resistance doesn't drop. If he just cranks up the wattage the juice is boiling and has no flavor besides burning juice popping into your mouth. I can get 4 micro coils or 2 twisted coils @ 26-28 gauge to fit any RDA but it's resistance is going to always drop below 0.4 ohms. If I'm dropping good money on a do-all mod it better do it all, not fail to fire if you're slightly too low.

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
To see the test of 26650 batteries I invite to my blog: vape-safe. It is still under construction but most of batteries topics is already published.

So according to your tests the purple efests out perform the mnke's as well as the others by quite a bit? I did not expect that, there's been some talk going around that their purple 26650's are actually only 15a continuous.

So according to your tests the purple efests out perform the mnke's as well as the others by quite a bit? I did not expect that, there's been some talk going around that their purple 26650's are actually only 15a continuous.
Purple Efest was the second best battery in this test, but please note it was at 0.5 ohm load, so the current was about 8A.

Is "old" and "new" describing older and newer models?
Yes, the "old" one was bought a few months before the "new".

It's also interesting that the KP 4200 mah battery has over twice the usable capacity as the 5200 mah version.
Yes it is ;) In my opinion the 5200 version is some setback for the Keeppower. In vv/vw mods this battery is also not so good - it has HUGE voltage drop on internal resistance...

Oxymandias

Mar 5, 2015
Houston, TX, USA
Yeah the flavor is actually excellent at .28 to be honest. So I am in agreement with you... I haven't gone much below .28 (just don't see the need), but I can still get good flavor at .28 (with the right build)......Right now I am running a dual 24ga. micro coil "center post" build and the flavor is great....

So I think it depends on your build primarily....it's all about airflow and coil placement when you go low like that...

JPCWON, could you post a pic of your build? I seem to have a repeating problem with my coils coming out to .2 or lower, so I have to scrap them and start again. Im using 24g KA1 or 24g Nichrome80 (which of course is going to have a lower resistance)... But Im looking for a good, all day build that produces clouds and flavor. I seem to return to the 24g Nichrome, dual 10 wrap build a lot, but Im curious about your builds/preferences since you seem happy with it. Thanks in advance!
Thanks, Ox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread