Best Atty for the Buzz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthawk7

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Columbia, SC
So after becoming a convert from my old LR's at 3.7 I am having a tough time finding an atty that doesn't burn. I tend to tinker with them and open up the air holes or dewick/debridge them but so far I'm still getting a burned taste over the yellow mark. I've tried boge, smoketech and bauway all at 2.5 ohms. Any suggestions?

tricci

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2011
Philadelphia
I don't have a Buzz, but I have used Ikenvape High Volt attys at 6 volts and they work really well, just be sure to keep them wet. Also you might want to try 1.5ohm and 2.5ohm dual coil cartomizers I have used both at 5 volts and above and I have not had any burning issues (I vape at 5 volts everyday and use DCs every day).

Good luck!

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
Hey, Matt!

I was a die-hard cartomizer-only girl for the majority of my vaping career after having started with 401 atties. Periodically, I'd try something new - 510s, 901s, a 306 and was never impressed enough to stick with any of them except for testing flavors.

That remained the case until I was generously gifted by a fellow Buzzard two IKV 2.5Ω Cannon atties to try out several weeks back.

I find them to be an amazing atty with a warm and very flavorful vape. They work wonderfully well on both my Classic and Pro Buzz and I run them between 4.5-5v depending on the liquid I am using. I enjoy these atties so much that they are now my preference for vaping when circumstances allow.

Just my 2 cents from a relatively new convert back to dripping. I'm sure some more advanced atty users will be dropping by with their opinions as well. :)

Last edited:

matthawk7

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Columbia, SC
Ya, I had great luck with iken's stuff in the past and he goes WAAAY above and beyond on customer service. Guess it's time to start the process all over again! I never really found a LR that performed consistently, so I'm hoping for better luck this time. At least with the buzzpro I can fall back on the last known good configuration...

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Pokey,
Haven't seen much on 401s...where do you get them?

Matt, I think that she was saying that she started with them (long ago) I have not seen any 401s in my travels recently :)

Edit- I take that back. I have seen M401s somewhere along the line :)

Last edited:

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
M401s were my noob intro into the world of vaping - an exposed atty, pretty good on flavor arriving on the end of a small, cig-like PV with a charge time lasting about 1 1/2-2 hours. However, the dreadful, tiny carts only held about 7 drops of juice and I quickly learned the art of dipping - there were no DTs for these fellows back then. I'm not sure there are now.

Dipping is even more cumbersome in the RW than dripping, I can assure you.

There is a thread around here regarding 401s - there are a few fans left I believe. But they are most assuredly not what you are looking for in an atty with your experience and inclination towards LR per your posts. They cannot handle more than 3.7v and that high is even pushing it. If you are curious, though, PM me. You can have some of mine to play with - I even have an 808/401 adapter you can have. :)

Here is the M40x subforum link - notice the first non-sticky post is questioning whether they are a dying breed, lol.
M-401/402 "Mini" & M403 Super Mini

Last edited:

Capt.Louisville

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Louisville, KY
Carto tank with 3ohm boge works well for me. This is a jonboyusmc lava tank with a frosted tube. It vapes like a dream.
BPLMTank.jpg

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
There's quite a few trying it. There is a thread on it. It has 510 threads and is like the 306 but I think better. Of coarse the Buzz Pro brings out it's goodness like it does with all attys and cartos. They should be for sale this week.
I'll go and find the thread, 5c. Thanks for the heads up!

Wharf Rat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Fresno, Ca
www.gratefulvaper.com
I was unfortunate, I got the leaky Cannons. I just got some I06's and the first one is good so far. They do a 'soapy' taste to start. Peeps are now cleaning them first and having no issues. I'm going to clean the next one and I'll let you know.

I've been dripping for the last month and once I figured it out I don't know it can be beat. The flavor is really better, though the Fusion produces more vapor. The only down side is I tend to get juice on my hands too much. I'm thinking about a drip shield. Can anybody tell me if they restrict air flow. I like the draw the way it is.

sashwa

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Alcatraz
Wharfie, I've been using the Empire Shield on my BP and I love it. No leaks and no adapter needed - at least with the 510 connector. I've only used it with 510 attys though. I'm not noticing any air restriction with them. I had 1 510 atty that drew hard but I tried it on my Woodvil without the shield and it still had a hard draw so it wasn't the Empire - just a sucky atty.

Has anyone tried out the new 2.5 IKV 510 attys yet? I just ordered some.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread