Best batteries for aegis solo

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrNsFace

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2017
Since im gonna be working at the field almost the whole month aithout being able to charge batteries (once a week maybe i will be charging), i need the best batteries i cant get that one could last at least a whole day mtl vaping on the aegis solo...
Gonna buy multiple of them of course...
Also i need a good charger...

I will be happy if i can find everything in official stores on ebay/ali
Or even fasttech is the best

Reactions: stols001

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Battery discharge will be dependent on how much power you are requesting from the battery in a regulated device. MTL vaping is generally low power usage but the term MTL is still vague in the context of battery discharge. One can vape at 20 watts using both MTL and DTL styles.

That said, Mooch did a 3000mAh shootout between the Sony VTC6, LG HG2 and Samsung 30Q and concluded at both a 10 and 15 amp discharge the VTC6 just edges over the other 2. We are not talking significant amounts, and you may not even notice it (world of difference between lab benchmarks and real life use). But if looking to squeeze the very last bit out of a cell, the VTC6 is a good choice. Failing that, both the 30Q and HG2 are also excellent choices.

Purchase your batteries from a trusted vendor. Ebay is not trusted and there have been many reports of fakes coming from Ebay. There is a list of trusted vendors on the below graphic.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/attachments/d5f17631-8a58-4ca1-85c1-0410f22e71f1-jpeg.806211/

UrNsFace

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2017
Battery discharge will be dependent on how much power you are requesting from the battery in a regulated device. MTL vaping is generally low power usage but the term MTL is still vague in the context of battery discharge. One can vape at 20 watts using both MTL and DTL styles.

That said, Mooch did a 3000mAh shootout between the Sony VTC6, LG HG2 and Samsung 30Q and concluded at both a 10 and 15 amp discharge the VTC6 just edges over the other 2. We are not talking significant amounts, and you may not even notice it (world of difference between lab benchmarks and real life use). But if looking to squeeze the very last bit out of a cell, the VTC6 is a good choice. Failing that, both the 30Q and HG2 are also excellent choices.

Purchase your batteries from a trusted vendor. Ebay is not trusted and there have been many reports of fakes coming from Ebay. There is a list of trusted vendors on the below graphic.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/attachments/d5f17631-8a58-4ca1-85c1-0410f22e71f1-jpeg.806211/

Fasttech isnt written there but i know ita trusted rigjt?

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

Fasttech is a fine place to buy vaping gear from, but we usually suggest people buy their batteries specifically from a battery wholesale company that's reputatable, whenever possible.

What country do you live in? Perhaps we can give you some suggestions that are in your country, or accessible to your country...

UrNsFace

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2017
Fasttech is a fine place to buy vaping gear from, but we usually suggest people buy their batteries specifically from a battery wholesale company that's reputatable, whenever possible.

What country do you live in? Perhaps we can give you some suggestions that are in your country, or accessible to your country...
Just found one from the list that ships to where i live,
Anyway what charger is the beat foe me ?
I need it to charge fast preferably 8 slots

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Just found one from the list that ships to where i live,
Anyway what charger is the beat foe me ?
I need it to charge fast preferably 8 slots

I usually recommend the xtar chargers as that is a good brand that is not overly expensive.

UrNsFace

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2017
I pi
I myself own LG HG2's and am very satisfied, proper battery life and allows you to go up to 60 watts with no issues, if you want to go above that you would need something with more amps.
I am peobably gonna go for the 30q for the better price...
Do you know the nitcore i8 charger ? Is it good and quick?

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
I pi

Not sure, I have the Golisi needle charger and it takes 5-6 hours to charge the LG HG2's, but for me that is fine since one battery lasts me normally 2-3 days, when one battery finishes I just put it to charge and use my 2nd one.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
How about the nitcore i8?
Is it a good fast charger ?

The i8 will output 1.5 amps with 2 cells loaded. 1 amp with 4 cells loaded and 0.5 amps with 8 cells loaded. The lower the current output, the longer it takes to charge. And keep in mind the higher the current output, the more stress on the cell which will diminish the cells overall life span. But I think in your case where time is limited, this is an acceptable trade off. I would not exceed more than 2 amp charging (which the i8 does not do)

As a 8 bay charger, I think this would be a good choice. It also allows USB charging which may benefit you as well.

Never leave the charger unattended while charging. And periodically monitor for heat. Should the cells get hot, stop charging immediately.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
How about the nitcore i8?
Is it a good fast charger ?

I really only know 4 bay chargers as I've never personally owned an 8 bay of any brand.

One of the more popular 8 bay's on the forum here is this:

GYRFALCON All-88 8 Channel Digital Battery Charger

however, I have no in-depth analysis of eight bay chargers... there are reasons why people prefer one charger over another and I'm not well versed on this size of charger to expound.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I really only know 4 bay chargers as I've never personally owned an 8 bay of any brand.

One of the more popular 8 bay's on the forum here is this:

GYRFALCON All-88 8 Channel Digital Battery Charger

however, I have no in-depth analysis of eight bay chargers... there are reasons why people prefer one charger over another and I'm not well versed on this size of charger to expound.
The Gyrfalcon All-88 is a great charger. It will handle just about any rechargeable cell thrown at it... LiMn, LiIon, NiCad... 18350, 18650, 26650, 21700, AAA... all at the same time! Each slot is individually controlled and can charge up to 1 A.

Chargers aside, why the Aegis Solo? IMNSHO, the VandyVape Jackaroo would work better for you. Same wattage range and similar construction but much improved battery life through the use of 2x700 cells.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017

I would not trust FT for batteries or a charger. MAYBE a charger. Get your batteries from one of Mooch's trusted sites for 50 or even 70 cents more a battery.

Plastic surgery is really expensive, you can't risk it. I would say FT is pretty darn trustworthy for everything else, but batteries not so much.

Also they cannot be flpwn so it might take until next year for them to get to you. Also not worth it.

Glad you are nearing the end of your assemblage of items!

Your best batter is gonna depend on your style of vaping, period. If you are unsure (you shouldn't be after that video) then get a couple with different specs and try them out.

There is not really a "bad" battery out of the big 3, there is only a bad one for the kind of vaping you wan to engage in.

Trust me I know. I got all jiggy happy on the "awesome" blue Samsungs with crazy ratings. I use them in my two battery mods and every time I open a mod where I am like, "Dang, I feel like I JUST changed these" there are a pair of Blue Samsungs inside. And I recall,. "I vape at 11--20 watts. I could have had so much more mAh.)

Best of luck,

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

Nitecore is one of the slowest battery chargers.

You won't find many fast, reasonably affordable, 8 bay chargers available. I have no solid recommendations. Personally, I use an Xtar VP4. The Efest LUC V4 is an affordable and highly regarded 4 bay charger that charges fast. You'd need two.

I'm not familiar with it, but if you can find the Gyrfalcon 88 8-bay charger I have heard it is a fast and highly regarded charger.

Guide to Choosing a Li-ion Battery Charger

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread