Best DIY coffee e-liquid ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

quovadis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Florida USA
Of course, it's easier to buy coffee flavor.
Work smart, not hard...right?

I made 120 ml of concentrated espresso VG/PG last night.

You cannot imagine, how the real espresso vape tastes like versus a vulgar coffee imitation extract, not made with real coffee.

You can taste the coffee, and also the bitterness of the espresso bean.
I added a hazelnut and cream to that ...amazing so far.

the86d

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2009
So. California, USA
What are my options if I can't get Everclear 95% (can only find 75% around here.) Is it legal to buy it via Internet, and have it shipped to a state that I can't seem to find it in? PM me if you feel the need.

I AM DEFIANTLY NOT GOING TO DRINK THE STUFF!!! (I tried a shot of the 75% because I thought I was the man... uh, I was not, Everclear 75% wins!

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
Why not just make a coffee tincture by soaking decaf 8 o'clock coffee beans in Everclear for a week. Draw off the tincture THEN add it to your VG/PG Mix.
Yuck! IMHO, one should not use such bitter ingredients for a good infusion. Long and slow with high-quality ingredients is the way to go. I've got some ground coffee soaking for 24 hours, just as a test, but also have a batch of crushed beans that will go for a week. Both are in PG, a solvent that is more than sufficient for slow infusions.

What are my options if I can't get Everclear 95% (can only find 75% around here.) Is it legal to buy it via Internet, and have it shipped to a state that I can't seem to find it in?
It depends on which state you live in. Most allow mail order alcohol, many don't.

Here's a list of states that most online liquor stores won't ship to:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Alabama, Arizona, Georgia,Ohio(ship wine only),Utah, Michigan, New Hampshire, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Tennessee, Texas, Oregon, Washington, Montana, DC, Indiana, Kentucky, Delaware, Florida, Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, North Carolina and South Carolina.[/FONT]

Otherwise, try to find 150-proof vodka, or the strongest vodka you can find.

just-a-nobody

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Northeastern Minnesota

PixieCut

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
Tampa Florida
I took half a cup of decaf coffee grounds, one vanilla bean and a cup of PG and let it soak in for 2 days top with plastic wrap and ziplock bag in the fridge. Then i strained out the the pg from the coffee and out came the most realistic coffee e- juice that i have ever tasted!!! I added a few drops of loranns caramel to it and wow.

And at what type of store do you find vanilla beans?

Interesting thread. I have been trying different premade coffee flavors ~

A true customized coffee flavor would be great!

(and this way is less $$ ;))

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
And at what type of store do you find vanilla beans?
I've found them at my local supermarket - one of those massive Super Stop & Shop ones. Whole Food Market, and possibly Trader Joe's, are likely places to find it.

For top-notch stuff, Penzey's Spice is great.
Spices at Penzeys Spices Vanilla Beans

Their cinnamon - real Ceylon cinnamon, not cassia - is addictive.
General cinnamon: Spices at Penzeys Spices Cinnamon
Ceylon softstick, great for infusions: Spices at Penzeys Spices Softstick Cinnamon
A 4oz pack is quite a bit and will last quite a while.

quovadis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Florida USA

PixieCut

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
Tampa Florida
Oh heck, I didn't realize you were from Germany. You shouldn't have to ship overseas to get vanilla beans. Try some gourmet supermarkets, or even a high-end candy maker or ice cream maker.

My German is far from fluent ;) I always appreciate an online source for things!

Knowing the type of store always helps me out with the search.

There are some great markets here. I'm sure they are available somewhere very close to me.

It will just take a little adventure to get them! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread