Best "fit" APV - Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

yano_jl

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
South Florida, USA
I think it's time to step up to an APV (or larger battery). I've been a V4L vaper since I quit cigs 2+ years ago (Steve, you and your V4L family prolly saved my life, and my wife's too). I have been using cool carts and diamond series batteries. Last week I ordered the 3.5 tank, and I love it. So I am now interested in taking the next step in batteries.

There is a lot of info on APVs (MODs) out there, too much. It can be overhwhelming. So I was hoping a fellow V4Ler could push me in the right direction.

Do any APVs "fit" on the 3.5 tanks? And I don't necessarily mean 808/510 threading, I mean circumference. I saw a few pics of the tanks on an ego, I was wondering if there was another battery option that would mate with the tank more naturally. More streamlined.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

plarkinjr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2011
Texas
www.facebook.com
The EGO's are almost exactly the same diameter as the 3.5ml tanks.
However, the connection joint looks a little "unfinished" as the ego has two sets of threads, and the tank fits on the topmost/narrow threads, leaving the next level of threads exposed between the button collar and the bottom of the tank.

Having said that, you might find that the mega-carto's that come with the V4L EGO's are just as good as the tanks, and they do finish out nicely. I use tanks on OVK and VT batts at home, and the EGO's with their mega carts for "out and about".

ETA: I've been advised that there is a trim "skirt" one can obtain now to hide those threads... from another vendor, so I won't mention it here in V4L's forum. :)

Last edited:

yano_jl

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
South Florida, USA
the connection joint looks a little "unfinished" as the ego has two sets of threads, and the tank fits on the topmost/narrow threads, leaving the next level of threads exposed between the button collar and the bottom of the tank.

Yep, it does look unfinished. Thanks for the advice.

plarkinjr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2011
Texas
www.facebook.com
Update, I ordered three different trim rings from said other vendor on Saturday. They arrived yesterday and all have an inside thread diameter that is too large for the larger threads on the V4L ego. I guess it'll be up to them to supply those.

Also, I noticed something with the lanyards I ordered from them too:
The button collar on the first-gen V4L ego's (the ones with USB port) are slightly narrower than the 2nd Gen units (w/o the usb). One lanyard ring would not fit on the 2nd gen, but the open-type lanyard ring would (and is much looser on the 1st gen ego). >shrugs<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread