Not open for further replies.

BoomerFZ1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2014
Pittsburgh, Pa
A good genny slays all the KF types.
Getting one to work correctly is a different story

If someone wanted to try a genesis-type tank, what would you suggest? And I'm still learning but are genny tanks old-school? Or is it like an Android/Apple thing with who likes what?

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
A good genny slays all the KF types.
Getting one to work correctly is a different story

Hmmm i disagree. I've a few Kayfuns and genny's... and they're... different. As a genny fanatic i love the crisp, more "sharp" taste that genny's produce... but i also love the more "soft" and condensed flavor Kayfuns produce.

OP: Really a personal pref.; however, it all comes down to you're setup. Cant go wrong with say a KFL+ or a Sat22... but you MUST have a solid setup in it.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I've got one of the OTM Aqua V2 from FT on order thanks to the ton of very positive posts I've read on this forum. My bank account would like a word with all of you! LOL. Is the flavor from it really as good as everyone is saying? Threw in one of the Erlkonigin clones as well along with some drip tips. Excited to try both because I'm definitely a flavor junkie. Loving the Lemo as far as flavor goes but it never hurts to have more. Also, though not a tank, the Holmes V2 by Cigreen has a lot of flavor. Haven't touched my Magma since I got it in.

I've tried a ton of RTAs now and I'm really picky on flavor. The Auav2 is my second fav after the Rosev2. And I do love my Lemo as well.

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
If someone wanted to try a genesis-type tank, what would you suggest? And I'm still learning but are genny tanks old-school? Or is it like an Android/Apple thing with who likes what?

Genesis tanks ARE oldschool, but they can still keep up with the newer cotton based tanks? Blow them out of the water? that's questionable, but they are probably the most challenging RTA in existence, however very rewarding when you get them right. I used a Pyrex RSST for months on my Provari 2.5 and it was magic. Once I discovered dripping and mechanicals, there was no going back. That said, I am using my friends kayfun 4 on my P3 right now and its very satisfying. I have a Flash E Vapor v3 on the way as well

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I've tried a ton of RTAs now and I'm really picky on flavor. The Auav2 is my second fav after the Rosev2. And I do love my Lemo as well.

Nice. I'm a little hesitant to order the Rose v2 cause it's supposedly a pain to build on and I'm just getting into building. I've got it on ye olde wish list, though. Maybe after building on the Lemo, Aqua v2 and Erlk for awhile I'll give it a go. Also getting interested in the Goblin but it's unavailable at the moment.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Nice. I'm a little hesitant to order the Rose v2 cause it's supposedly a pain to build on and I'm just getting into building. I've got it on ye olde wish list, though. Maybe after building on the Lemo, Aqua v2 and Erlk for awhile I'll give it a go. Also getting interested in the Goblin but it's unavailable at the moment.

You know what? It was my third and I got it a month after doing my first (kayfun). That first build took me awhile due to a dumb mistake. I actually got the coil in on the first try but snapped a lead with a grub screw :laugh: Dummy me keeps recoiling and its reading short on my ohm meter. Well, duh, that piece of wire was still in there. I had to take it apart to get it out. So if you want it and have some patience, go ahead and get one :). Last week I got both I rebuilt coiled and wicked in 10 minutes each. You can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread