is there a glass tank RTA that actually works right for less than $100 - HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
England
I would love for someone to recommend an rta with the following characteristics:

● does not EVER leak in any position, could lie on its side all day or carry in pocket, whatever ✔ Only time it leaked was when I filled it via top fill hole. Would recommend you fill via bottom. When initially tipped upside down, some condensation that has gathered in chimney will come out of drip tip.
● allows access to build deck without emptying tank or losing juice from tank ✔Just make sure liquid has flowed back into tank before opening. Also make sure tiny o-ring that sits between top of build deck cover and chimney doesn't get lost/ is resting at entrance of chimney.
● costs $85 or less - screw these $175 RTA's (Aqua v2, Erlkonigin, Kayfun 4, etc.) ✔ $35 good enough?
● good flavor and performance with 100% VG and Japanese cotton - will get back to you on this one as soon as my tank is empty. Usually use 50PG/50VG but will refill with AG (90VG/10H2O)
● glass tank

I think I am asking for the impossible here, apparently............ugh!

UD Aga t5
see above for comments

ETA: It wicks fine with the unflavoured AG I used. Draw is more restrictive due to thicker liquid so direct lung inhale may not be the easiest thing to do without slipstreaming but mouth to lung definitely possible. (And it tastes quite nice, too. - I never knew that! lol)

Last edited:

mbzdyk

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
SW Chicago
Kayfun 4 clone by Tobecco just ordered 2 from eciggity.com for 34.00. Supply coupon code 10percentoff for a 10 percent discount. First one I got from ebay for 26.00 but I like eciggity customer service, big difference.
This RTA is fantastic. Also just got a Lemo as I heard it didn't leak but comparing it to the Kayfun v4 I see it will probably sit on the shelf.
Kayfun fills from the TOP, build is a dream, flavor and throat hit is great. Lemo fills from the bottom, with the fill screw very hard to get back into the hole as it is about 3/8 of an inch below the edge of the tank side. Don't think the flavor or hit is as good either IMO
Not on topic, but the screw is magnetic in the Lemo. magnetise your screwdriver to make it easier on you.

mbzdyk

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
SW Chicago
rub it with a magnet.
That will work too, actually striking it with a magnet as if trying to start a fire works faster. If no magnet available, we can go into how to make an electro-magnet with some resistance wire and a battery :)

BTW, do make sure the screwdriver is actually iron, and can be magnetized (a magnet sticks to it)

milescadre

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
I imagine if using the premade wicks on the subtank, even 100% vg juices shouldnt be a issue. I've used a 90/10 juice in my subtank without issue on the rba, but ymmv

Kayfun v4 is very over engineered as mentioned, but even with straight vg, it has no issues wicking and works great. I like the juice flow control, and the fact I can rebuild wuithout draining, and fill from the top.

Lemo works great aswell.

Personally, I cant wait til the subtank mini comeso ut. I love the style, and performance, but I agree, 25mm is too big for me..

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Aga t5 or the goblin if you can get one. Both can be stuffed full of cotton without wicking issues and haven't experienced leaks. Top fill worm screw is a lil annoying. Just make sure you use a needle skinny enough to allow air out when filling or cover the holes. Only strike against them is capacity..

Goblin is a ridiculous vape...

There will always be some leaking in anything that involves liquid and transfer of liquid...That one's just unrealistic...

Last edited:

Angel Eyes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Mt. Brook, AL, USA
UD Aga t5
see above for comments

ETA: It wicks fine with the unflavoured AG I used. Draw is more restrictive due to thicker liquid so direct lung inhale may not be the easiest thing to do without slipstreaming but mouth to lung definitely possible. (And it tastes quite nice, too. - I never knew that! lol)
sorry - I am done with UD - had an AGA-T7, it leaked like a sieve with my WTA 100% VG juice

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
ok, did we ever come up with a consensus on what the best K4 clone on the market is?

link?

From the K4 thread and my personal experience with one, the Tobeco is a good clone that required no modding for it to work just like the authentic, which I have as well.

Got mine from Vapor Tek here: Kayfun V4 by Tobeco - Vapor Tek USA

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
From the K4 thread and my personal experience with one, the Tobeco is a good clone that required no modding for it to work just like the authentic, which I have as well.

Got mine from Vapor Tek here: Kayfun V4 by Tobeco - Vapor Tek USA

Thanks, Jax. I'm going to get one then to help me figure out how to fix my FT one.

Ebay and US warehouse of Focalecig have good prices on it.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

holy juggabalomee!!!

They really should have come up with a totally new name instead of 'kayfun' because this think is a whole new ballgame.

so what happens at the top of the chimney when you turn that ring and raise the whole deck?.. oh, the chimney and fog chamber are fixed, and the deck is just moving up and down inside the fogchamber?

Raguvian

Verified Member
Dec 21, 2014
Houston
holy juggabalomee!!!

They really should have come up with a totally new name instead of 'kayfun' because this think is a whole new ballgame.

so what happens at the top of the chimney when you turn that ring and raise the whole deck?.. oh, the chimney and fog chamber are fixed, and the deck is just moving up and down inside the fogchamber?

Yep, the chimney is part of the tank now.

Kinggrond

Feb 17, 2013
Romania
ok, did we ever come up with a consensus on what the best K4 clone on the market is?

link?

I have both the original and a clone made by Infinite. This clone is the closest thing to the original I've ever seen in years of vaping and trying almost everything I could get my hands on. Also, the Tobeco clone is very good (just the Infinite has a better finish overall, but functionality is perfect on both). The only clone with some issues would be the Ehpro one, which is weird considering the good job they've done with their Lite+ clone. Hcigar is also almost on par with the Infinite clone, almost 1:1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread