is there a glass tank RTA that actually works right for less than $100 - HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel Eyes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Mt. Brook, AL, USA
I would love for someone to recommend an RTA with the following characteristics:

● does not EVER leak in any position, could lie on its side all day or carry in pocket, whatever
● allows access to build deck without emptying tank or losing juice from tank
● costs $85 or less - screw these $175 RTA's (Aqua v2, Erlkonigin, Kayfun 4, etc.)
● good flavor and performance with 100% VG and Japanese cotton
● glass tank

I think I am asking for the impossible here, apparently............ugh!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I would love for someone to recommend an RTA with the following characteristics:

● does not EVER leak in any position, could lie on its side all day or carry in pocket, whatever
● costs $85 or less - screw these $175 RTA's (Aqua v2, Erlkonigin, Kayfun 4, etc.)
● glass tank

I'm hoping the subtank does that; but I won't hold my breath on the 'not EVER leak in any position' part.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
The only ones that come to mind and seem to meet all your requirements:

A kayfun 4 clone. This is one seriously over engineered rta though. $20-35

Squape Reloaded clone. The EHPro is about the only really good one though. $40

Eta: I've never vaped higher than 70%vg so I can't tell how that will wick.

ah; I see there does seem to be a glass version :

2040000-4.jpg

Angel Eyes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Mt. Brook, AL, USA
lack of glass would be OK as long as it has a straight sided, non-threaded tank, so that I could get a custom glass tank from IBTanked - but something like the OTM Aqua V2 clone has a bullet shaped threaded plastic tank that IBTanked cannot duplicate in glass.

also, if you have a suggested RTA, please provide a link to exactly where to get it :)

Last edited:

Angel Eyes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Mt. Brook, AL, USA
Last edited:

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
what one? link?

I see this one from tracing that pic - but it has no ratings :( - anyone own it?

Yes, its the one I have and there are some issues. I'd skip that one. If it were me I would buy a Tobecco or the Robbot tech one for $35 from Focalecig.

The EHPro Squape R is at Eciggity. Also get the extra decks (C and W) for $7. You're going to need that W deck for high vg.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Don't discoount the Aquav2. Its not hard to use the SS tank because of being able to access the deck. You can fill it anytime you want. That thing wicks great.

I'm using the SS tank on mine and my new Eviva-t without issue. I didn't think I could deal with not seeing my juice, but they both give fair warning before dry hitting.

drippaboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
SF Bay Area
Squape Reloaded clone. The EHPro is about the only really good one though. $40

Eta: I've never vaped higher than 70%vg so I can't tell how that will wick.

I know the authentic SQR and Kingtu clone have no problem with max VG. I haven't had the chance to try the EHPro but I trust Roxy knows what's what so since the EHPro is good it shouldn't have a problem either.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I know the authentic SQR and Kingtu clone have no problem with max VG. I haven't had the chance to try the EHPro but I trust Roxy knows what's what so since the EHPro is good it shouldn't have a problem either.

I have the authentic and Kingtu. But, with the chimney rubbing the deck on the Kingtu, it will eventually take the coating off. By all accounts the EHPro is perfect and I'll be adding one soon.

friediceman

Verified Member
Oct 15, 2014
Indiana, USA

● glass tank

You are not the only one. These requirements are nearly identical to mine, my only other requirement is single-coil capable, and so far, I have yet found an RTA that satisfies all..

friediceman

Verified Member
Oct 15, 2014
Indiana, USA
Yes, its the one I have and there are some issues. I'd skip that one. If it were me I would buy a Tobecco or the Robbot tech one for $35 from Focalecig.

The EHPro Squape R is at Eciggity. Also get the extra decks (C and W) for $7. You're going to need that W deck for high vg.

I think the latest EHPro SQR clones do include all 3 decks; I just haven't convinced myself to get one after reading all of your troubles with the earlier clones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread