Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
I have a panasonic ncr18650b, but everyone says not to use it in a mechanical mod. So the best thing I could find was this :

Orbtronic SX22

http://www.orbtronic.com/ultra-high...ronic-sx22-rechargeable-hybrid-li-ion-battery

What do you think is the best I don't really plan on running under . 5 ohms but who knows.... Ya know!

What are the pros cons of the panasonic ncr18650bp (I think that's what it's called it's the protected version of the panasonic ncr18650b.

I realize the SX22 has 22a discharge rate but is that worth the loss in mah?

Also what's the equivalent in an 18350 protected?

Please help me I'm new to mechanicals and I know batteries are important... Well for safety reasons too.
Much appreciated.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You're correct, the Pansonic/Orbtronic NCR18650B 3400 mah battery is not an ideal battery for mod applications, better suited for flashlights and other appliances. It only has a 6.8 amp rating.

The Orbronic SX22 is an excellent battery for use in mechanical mods, with an amp rating fit for sub-ohm coils (22 amps).

If you are most concerned about mAh rating for longer battery time, then a sub-ohm battery is not the best choice. Batteries are designed to either provide a lot of mAh for longer battery time or for more amp draw for safe use with sub-ohm builds. Either one or the other, you can't have your cake and eat it too. Decide which is most important to you.

You may need a set of batteries just for longer battery time and another set of batteries for sub-ohm.

The best battery on the market right now that is high drain with reasonable high mAh is the Panasonic/Orbtronic NCR18650PF 2900 mAh battery, but it only has a 10 amp continuous discharge rating so is not applicable for sub ohm < 0.8 ohm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread