Status
Not open for further replies.

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
I'm considering dipping my toe into DIY, but first I want to source my nicotine first. One thing that I've noticed is that I can detect a peppery taste that is more intense as the level of nicotine increases.

Even at 6 mg, I can detect it.

Are there brands of nicotine that are "cleaner" in taste, as in little to no peppery effect? I'd like to start out with the best "flavor" I can get.

Thanks in advance! I did try to search for a similar thread but was unsuccessful in finding something similar (maybe I used wrong search criteria). :)

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Have not tried any yet but Wizard Labs has a premium brand now, I think. Otherwise iirc Nude Nic got good reviews for tasteless. Most places have samples or small bottles that are cheap. I got a half dozen when I was started diy. Extreme vaping also got high marks for tasteless ness from I and others. Gl

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2014
    Nebraska
    I've only used Heartland Vapes for my nicotine, so can't compare to others. But have been happy enough with it, have no interest in trying others. I don't notice any peppery taste.

They offer 3 "qualities" in sizes ranging from 120ml to 55 gallon drums. I have tried the regular and the premium and find little enough difference I am fine with their regular. But if you want to test them, the 120ml bottles range $10 to $13.50.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I like Nicotine River's nicotine but there are tons of great vendors out there. If you are noticing a peppery taste at 6 m.g. though, I might consider nicotine salts. They don't HAVE to be used in high nic applications, you can mix them at whatever strength you desire, and there is really almost no taste, or throat hit. If you want a throat hit though, perhaps nic salts may not be for your. Most vendors will send out a small sample of nic salts to try for the cost of shipping, if you are interested in the option without too much risk.

However, some nic does seem to be smoother than others, so I'd just try some smaller amounts of whatever brand you choose and do some mixing (steeping should also smooth out harshness so make sure you steep enough). And then buy a larger order from there.

Nic salts do tend to be more expensive than freebase nicotine although there is a thread on here about how to convert regular nic to salt nic, using citric acid.

Best of luck,

Anna

WillyZee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 23, 2013
    Toronto
    I'm considering dipping my toe into DIY, but first I want to source my nicotine first. One thing that I've noticed is that I can detect a peppery taste that is more intense as the level of nicotine increases.

Even at 6 mg, I can detect it.

Are there brands of nicotine that are "cleaner" in taste, as in little to no peppery effect? I'd like to start out with the best "flavor" I can get.

Thanks in advance! I did try to search for a similar thread but was unsuccessful in finding something similar (maybe I used wrong search criteria). :)

I had the same issue 3 years ago ... then I found Vapers Tek Chemnovatic Nicotine

1 Liter EU Sourced Nicotine (100 mg USP/EP)

This VT nicotine was hands-down a game changer for me.

rabernet

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 20, 2011
    Buford, GA

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I've personally used "regular" 100mg/mL nic base (not the premium or other higher cost options) from Wizard Labs, RTS Vapes, Nude Nicotine, Heartland Vapes, Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers, and My Freedom Smokes. The only one I noticed any "peppery" taste at all in...was the My Freedom Smokes nic, and it was definitely obvious to me. I've only bought theirs 1 time because of it. From comments I've read on here in the past though, it seems to be a fairly popular nic base with those who vape tobacco flavored eliquids...because of the peppery aspect of it.

I agree with the previous suggestions to try some sample sizes from various vendors first. Better to do that than get stuck with Liters you find out you don't like.

go_player

ECF Veteran
    Mar 2, 2012
    USA
    If it’s really an issue for you you might try out Carolina extracts nic. They have some of the best nic, but it’s not cheap.

If I were you I’d get a few samples of relatively high-quality nic, mix them unflavored at your desired percentage and then do your best to arrange for a blind tasting of the samples. Carolina is very good, but it’s only worth paying for if you notice the difference between it and other less expensive options.

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2013
    Brisbane, Australia
    NicSelect has all the credentials and is very clean. Just remember Carolina's extract's extract process may include more of the other alkaloids than just nicotine. Interestingly, I have never seen a GC/MS-validation cert from them. There is also synthetic nicotine, the cleanest, but has its own issues.

Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread