Best price on an eGo-C kit right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I would say do not do not do not get that one. I can't quite tell if that's a genuine joyetech or not, but I don't think it is, just from the price.

This is what I would get if I were you:

A genuine joyetech eGo-C starter kit - 1000mah if you don't care that it's bigger than the 650mah.
Five additional atomizer heads in a resistance different from the ones that come with the kit.

And ASAP: a 1000-mah genuine joyetech eGo passthrough cuz they're so damn cool, and -
a Joyetech "Twist" for $29. Intro to variable voltage "on the cheap." Available only in 650mah right now, soon to be available in 1000mah as well (little problem on the launch pad as I understand it).

Email me with any q's, or ask here of course.

I would flip the PT around with the Twist for mah. Wait for the 1000mah Twist (said to be out this week) and get the Upgrade PT in 650mah if the extra few dollars is an issue or there's a desire for a shorter battery. My 1000mah Upgrade PT has never been close to being out of juice because it's almost always plugged in. Even in unregulated Upgrade mode it has plenty to make it to the next USB port, I'm sure 650mah would too (of course that depends on how long the person is away from a port).
However the Twist will be using more juice because it was likely purchased with the idea that it will be getting run at higher voltages and it would be easier to get to those voltages than with the Upgrade.
If it was me I'd get 1000mah on everything, it's only $4 more and I don't care about extra length.

I would also hold off on the LR heads. You can get an idea if you want more wattage with an Upgrade battery (which you should be able get in a kit for nothing additional). Plus if there's a Twist in the mix from what I've heard it's pretty hot with the SR heads. The 5 heads you get with a genuine Joyetech should last long enough to figure out what you like and make another order.

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
I would flip the PT around with the Twist for mah. Wait for the 1000mah Twist (said to be out this week) and get the Upgrade PT in 650mah if the extra few dollars is an issue or there's a desire for a shorter battery. My 1000mah Upgrade PT has never been close to being out of juice because it's almost always plugged in. Even in unregulated Upgrade mode it has plenty to make it to the next USB port, I'm sure 650mah would too (of course that depends on how long the person is away from a port).
However the Twist will be using more juice because it was likely purchased with the idea that it will be getting run at higher voltages and it would be easier to get to those voltages than with the Upgrade.
If it was me I'd get 1000mah on everything, it's only $4 more and I don't care about extra length.

I would also hold off on the LR heads. You can get an idea if you want more wattage with an Upgrade battery (which you should be able get in a kit for nothing additional). Plus if there's a Twist in the mix from what I've heard it's pretty hot with the SR heads. The 5 heads you get with a genuine Joyetech should last long enough to figure out what you like and make another order.

Can't argue with any of that - dammit! LOL

(Well, maybe I'd just put in another small "plug" for going ahead and getting/trying the LR attys for use on any non-Twist eGo batts; I do love me some wattage). [But then you already knew that, didn't you lol]

Hey, what is "unregulated Upgrade mode"? That's Snus to me. (<<< - "Snus", get it? hehe "Snus" <==> "news"? aaa, never mind lol)

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
New eGo-C Upgrade battery. Can be run in the standard white to blue LED mode with the voltage regulated to the 3.2-3.4 range or can be switched to an orange LED mode where you get the voltage available.
I don't know what it reads under a load but mine is at 4.2v off the charger or on the port, I'm guessing it drops some. Naturally on the port what is available is the full voltage all the time.

My reasoning for putting off the LR pack is with the Upgrade battery you should be able to get an idea if hotter is better. Especially so if you're getting a Twist in the order since I know that one reads what it should under load (4.8v).
If you find you're always in unregulated mode or cranked up on the Twist go ahead and get the LR pack.

Even on the juice I find better in unregulated mode on the SRs sometimes they get harsh and I switch to regulated. If my numbers and math are correct the LRs wouldn't get used here because I couldn't get them low enough for those times.
Of course that's going off memory of things I don't own so I could be way off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread