Best PV under 100$?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanIVap3InHere

Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Long Island, NY, USA
Hey guys, really getting into vaping now and I am looking for a side mod that won't rape my wallet. I am currently using a Provari v2.5.
To diffuse any bickering.. in the words of Pbusardo "I'm not a fanboy, I just like what works". :p Anyway, what are some good reliable VV mods out there for under 100$? Any suggestions are welcome!

I would like to add that I am looking for a mod that I can use my 18650's with, maybe a Vamo? Thanks guys!

Last edited:

gregzbobo

Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Oklahoma City
I'm still pretty new, but I own a Vamo, it can be had for around $30-$40 if you shop around, it's decently made (don't expect Provari quality/fit/finish), I'd recommend getting the stainless version. I've also heard good things about the Innokin iTaste MVP, it has sort of an MP3-player formfactor and can act as a portable charger for a cellphone, those are usually under $70-$75.

Edit: the MVP comes ready to vape IE has a couple clearos in the box. Just charge and add juice.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
The list of PVs under 100 bucks is anything but short.
You have the Zmax (probably my favorite pick) the eVic (have one, love it) You have the innokin SVD, the MVP, you have the sigelei Tmax that holds 2 18650 batteries (awesome) you have a whole bunch of mechanicals like the smoktech telescope, all of the sigelei mechs. Lots nd lots of fun modsssss. If you can roll a low ohm wick, any mech is mod is fun. Lots of choices man. Just go to different vendor sites and look at the huge selection.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I recommend the Sigelei Zmax V3 Telescopic flat top (a.k.a Telemax).

-VV/VW w/4 amp, 1.2 ohm limit. Not as good as a mech if you want ultra low resistance RBA vaping. Same performance features as Vamo.
-Good looks. Doesn't have that surprised look on it's face like the Vamo.
-One button menu system. Either you like this or you don't.
-OLED display. The best there is.
-Heavy brushed stainless steel construction. Did I say it looks as good as it feels?
-Battery versatility without clumsy extension tubes. Uses IMR 18350, 2x18350, 18490/18500 AW, 18500 Efest, 18650 all in flat or button top.
-Decent price. Around $75 with a 90-day warranty, shorter warranty may equal less cost, maybe not.

lamarrk

ECF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City), USA
Since you already have a Provari, why not try a mechanical mod. You can find them at very reasonable prices (china clones). The K100 seems to be a good one to start with (don't have one). It's telescoping so it takes all the different 18xxx batteries up to the 18650.

Unless you're specifically looking for VV backup for your Provari. Then I'd recommend the cheaper VAMO. It works fine and allows you to use it in VW mode (variable wattage). You can order them for around $40 straight from China.

CanIVap3InHere

Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Long Island, NY, USA
Since you already have a Provari, why not try a mechanical mod. You can find them at very reasonable prices (china clones). The K100 seems to be a good one to start with (don't have one). It's telescoping so it takes all the different 18xxx batteries up to the 18650.

Unless you're specifically looking for VV backup for your Provari. Then I'd recommend the cheaper VAMO. It works fine and allows you to use it in VW mode (variable wattage). You can order them for around $40 straight from China.

What exactly is a mechanical mod? I have heard the term used and I know an Electric Angel and Sigelei are mechanical, but what does mechanical mean?

Hill

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
Texas USA
I would suggest a Zmax. While it may be true the vamo is only $40 bucks it looks like its only $40 bucks. The Zmax on the other hand looks good (a lot like a Provari as a matter of fact) and its function is very similar to the provari as well so if you know how to use a provari you know how to use a Zmax and of course all your batteries tanks and cartos you have for your provari will also fit the Zmax

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
What exactly is a mechanical mod? I have heard the term used and I know an Electric Angel and Sigelei are mechanical, but what does mechanical mean?

I would suggest reading up on mechanicals on here...

A LOT

They are a mod that have no wires, no solder and no protection circuit. they are unregulated voltage.... essentially they are a battery and a switch. no circuitry.

Don't even consider diving down this rabbit hole until you understand what you are getting into... Ohms Law, Battery Safety, etc.
Seems to me a lot of people get into mechanicals before they know what they are really getting into.

That said, mechanicals offer the best vape... hands down, no comparison.

Sorry for my brief reply earlier... yes the list is longer... but you don't get anything for that money... so the Vamo is the best VV under $100, especially since it can be had WAY under $100

Last edited:

stillnotsmoking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
GA, USA
For a tube mod the ZMAX gets my vote, the vamo IMO is ugly as sin, and for a box style (my personal favorite and all day vape) the iTaste MVP..the only downfall to it IMO is the non-replaceable battery which isn't a dealbreaker for me (I can't replace the battery on my cellphone either). The MVP is built rock solid.

I also had a YoungJune Lavatube that I never had a single issue out of, and although cheaper than the aforementioned it's not much of a looker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread