The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Best Squonk Mod RDA Combo For A Beginner (To Squonking)

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by EIHYPI, May 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. EIHYPI

EIHYPI Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2017
    NY & LA
    I agree one should learn but with him it's not lack of motivation rather a lack of coordination for this type of thing. He has mental illness and is borderline autistic but very functional otherwise. It's the calculations that he's bad with.

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Your assistance will be invaluable. You're doing a great thing going above and beyond to help your friend and you have my admiration.

BTW, you're gonna really like the Squeeze 2 for yourself. My one recommendation, and it's purely a matter of style, but killing the light show through the squonk bottle is really easy and the first thing I did when I turned it on. :)

Hey, it's not like they built in a Bluetooth speaker or anything, just a little light bling.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Zipslack

Zipslack Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 26, 2013
    Wesson, MS, USA
    Another affirmation for the Squeeze 2. Love mine, but I use a Narca clone on mine (got the mod only...not the kit).

Be sure to check out the NTE/Arctic Fox firmware. It works with the Squeeze 2 now and really helps to fine-tune the performance.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @EIHYPI, introduce them to the tools on steam-engine.org. And let them learn at their own pace, I think that they may well suprise you.

• Like Like x 2
  5. EIHYPI

Feb 15, 2017
    NY & LA
    I am willing to teach my friend how to build and to make the simple calculations and it is possible that he can do it (I doubt that though) but I never have the opportunity to sit down in a coffee shop for example and teach him. Overall between me and the vape shops he's covered for coil builds. As far as cotton changing he knows how to do that on more thicker wire coils. Some people want to be able to drip and use RDA's like most people but aren't capable like most.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    This is why I mentioned the tools, as once they have an idea of what works for them they can use them to find out how wraps and gauge work together.

And if they keep to simple single strand wire builds it simplifies things somewhat, it's just wicking that gets annoying.

But I think that building can be quite therapeutic.

• Like Like x 2
  7. EIHYPI

Feb 15, 2017
    NY & LA
    I added "(to squonking)" to the thread title so people don't get confused, thinking that I am buying a beginner (to vaping) a squonker.

• Like Like x 3
  8. HigherStateD

HigherStateD Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2019
    Awesome suggestion. I just checked this out, and put it on my rx2. It's not reading the coil right, but I'll tweak that out. Big thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Yes, you did that. Unfortunately we still confuse easily. But at least it didn't take 5 pages of posts to finally get it figured out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  10. basilia
    This message by basilia has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, May 24, 2019, Reason: Spam.
    May 24, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.