Best Squonk Mod RDA Combo For A Beginner (To Squonking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
But as long as I understand from your post, you built the rda for him. I mean, it's fine if it's ok with you, but motivation lacking is bad policy. Unless elderly or disabled, the easiest route to success is to let each person learn on their own. I don't build things for my husband, he has learned and now builds himself.
I agree one should learn but with him it's not lack of motivation rather a lack of coordination for this type of thing. He has mental illness and is borderline autistic but very functional otherwise. It's the calculations that he's bad with.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Your assistance will be invaluable. You're doing a great thing going above and beyond to help your friend and you have my admiration.

BTW, you're gonna really like the Squeeze 2 for yourself. My one recommendation, and it's purely a matter of style, but killing the light show through the squonk bottle is really easy and the first thing I did when I turned it on. :)

Hey, it's not like they built in a Bluetooth speaker or anything, just a little light bling.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
@EIHYPI, introduce them to the tools on steam-engine.org. And let them learn at their own pace, I think that they may well suprise you.
I am willing to teach my friend how to build and to make the simple calculations and it is possible that he can do it (I doubt that though) but I never have the opportunity to sit down in a coffee shop for example and teach him. Overall between me and the vape shops he's covered for coil builds. As far as cotton changing he knows how to do that on more thicker wire coils. Some people want to be able to drip and use RDA's like most people but aren't capable like most.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
This is why I mentioned the tools, as once they have an idea of what works for them they can use them to find out how wraps and gauge work together.

And if they keep to simple single strand wire builds it simplifies things somewhat, it's just wicking that gets annoying.

But I think that building can be quite therapeutic.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Be sure to check out the NTE/Arctic Fox firmware. It works with the Squeeze 2 now and really helps to fine-tune the performance.

Awesome suggestion. I just checked this out, and put it on my rx2. It's not reading the coil right, but I'll tweak that out. Big thanks.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I added "(to squonking)" to the thread title so people don't get confused, thinking that I am buying a beginner (to vaping) a squonker.

Yes, you did that. Unfortunately we still confuse easily. But at least it didn't take 5 pages of posts to finally get it figured out.

basilia

Moved On
May 24, 2019
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Spam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread