Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Aegis legend has a squonk I've been looking at. One thing I dont like is it's a single battery mod. My vaporesso switcher is getting to be very well used. No problems with it but I bought it used and have had it nearly a year. I dont think my friend used it much before he sold it to me and for 20 bucks, I'm not at all disappointed with it. I just feel like maybe I'll be needing a new mod eventually and since I dont have a spare, and since a new mod does have that shinyitis appeal, well you know. Anybody tried this squonker yet? My only concern is the single battery thing. I just prefer two mostly. And my last experience with squonking was less than satisfying so I'm kinda wondering, do I try again or just get a regular aegis legend.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
The Aegis sqounk is a nice mod,i would give it a shot if you can find a decent deal on it.The key to a good sqounk experience comes down to having the right rda though,with the right one,it can be fantastic,but one that isn't so great,well it just sucks haha.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think you are in luck with the legend squonk because I think it has this conversion frame where you can turn it into a regular mod with a different "Chassis" so to speak although you can get a perfectly good vape off a squonker by attaching a tank anyway although I thought that was rather innovative of Geekvape in any case. I don't know if it just makes it smaller or makes it two batteries but I would HAVE to think the former.

I can't imagine vaping a two battery squonk although I know they exist but they gottra be huge. I mean.... IDK.

I'm never trying squonking. If the vape is so much better, well I'm NOT replacing all my gear so....

Anna

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Squonking was a dead end for me. It was fun for a while. I gave it a red hot try.
I used more juice but only vaped the same amount of time. I didnt notice a real difference in flavour between rda's and rta's and in the end I just packed them away and went back to rta's, they seem to be less time consuming.
I will probably have another go at it down the line. I think I got caught up in the hyperbole of it and expected so much more, which is my fault.
One thing I did learn though, some of my favourite attys are rdta's.

CagedSpam

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2015
FoPo, Oregon
What other people said - what topper are you using?

I have been using the Aegis squonk kit with Tengu RDA for a few months now. Simple, reliable wattage, decent flavor. I do have to carry an extra battery - the Tengu is dual coil and requires more power.

Go for it, if you find it for a price that is acceptable, I'd say anything less that 40 US is worth it IMO.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Disclaimers: 1) I don't squonk. 2) Aegis makes good mods, but I don't have that one. 3) This is just my opinion

The mod does play a part, but I think the heart of the matter is the atty. If you don't have an atty that delivers a good vape you like, squonk or not, you won't have a good vape. I'd make sure there's a squonkable atty you like before getting a squonk mod. But like Anna said, that squonk mod (and some others) can be used without squonking, so it wouldn't be a total loss, but just a waste of space.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I have the Aegis squonker and love it! It's one of my favorite squonks. It lasts me all day but I also have other vapes in my daily rotation. I'm not sure a single battery would last all day if it was the only vape I was using. Good luck!
That's what I was thinking. Single battery not lasting all day. Not that's it's a big thing to carry an extra battery. I may just give this a go.

Reactions: stols001

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I think you are in luck with the legend squonk because I think it has this conversion frame where you can turn it into a regular mod with a different "Chassis" so to speak although you can get a perfectly good vape off a squonker by attaching a tank anyway although I thought that was rather innovative of Geekvape in any case. I don't know if it just makes it smaller or makes it two batteries but I would HAVE to think the former.

I can't imagine vaping a two battery squonk although I know they exist but they gottra be huge. I mean.... IDK.

I'm never trying squonking. If the vape is so much better, well I'm NOT replacing all my gear so....

Anna
It doesnt add the extra battery when you switch it from squonk to standard tank. Pretty much turns it into the solo. And since I've been using 2 battery mods pretty much from the start, I dont think I'd be thrilled with that particular option. I may give it a try after I think on it some more.

Reactions: stols001

SlowTalker

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2010
Ohio
I've been using the legend this past week and the fact that it is all nice and sealed up is making me think of maybe trying out the squonk. My last attempt was "Missy's wet Box" (anybody remember her?). It was a messy disaster.

As far as batteries go, depends on the battery. I have two 3500mah samsungs in the Legend now and I get 2-3 days out of them. One should do me a day, I hope.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I love squonking but I also like to not squonk and use rta's instead. So I think it's a really nice mix to have both kinds of mods available. I'm not a person who likes to drip that is not my thing at all. What I like about having a squonker though is you can use it as a regular mod. Honestly the single battery thing doesn't bother me I tend to not use over 50 60 watts on any device and usually around 30 so a single battery last me for quite some time. I do have a dual battery squonk mod but honestly it's huge and I like large mods but are there to be the squonk bottle and two batteries it tends to make for quite a large piece of equipment so it does make a lot of sense for these models to have single batteries. I think it's good to have an extra mod anyway and there's nothing that's going to keep you from being able to use it. If you do decide that the single battery thing is too much for you to deal with one of my favorite dual battery squonk box is called a Mach On3 and when I purchase that it was only $20 though I did get it on sale. It has an interesting bottle in a weird location but it is very proprietary so you cannot use a different bottle but it's located and shaped in a way where the mod while it is still quite large still feels good in your hand.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
1. I've never squonked.
2. I am too lazy to remember to hit a button to feed a quonker.
3. I believe some extraordinarily people do remember to hit a button and they really enjoy a squonker.
4. I do not believe I am such an extraordinary person.
5. So, I would never to squonk.

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Squonking. No. Too dangerous. The act of squonking has been tied directly to cases of spontaneous projectile flatulation. An entire village of squonkers in India suddenly experienced hallucinations and incontinence. Look what happened in Manchester in 2019!! Too horrible! Best you just stay away from squonking and squonkers altogether.

• Agree
Reactions: CagedSpam

asharru

Feb 7, 2015
pgh, pa
I have several squonk mods, including the aegis which I absolutely love. While it's not my all day vape, the battery does last me several hours at 35-40 watts. I also have a dual 18650 gbox, which does last longer, but definitely has some more heft to it. I didn't take to squonkin right away, as it took some time getting used to coiling and re-wicking, but now I use them most of the time. I still love my tanks though when out and about running around. As others said, a good rda is also key. I really like the tengu, love the radar, and also enjoy using mesh in my lit. I find using them easier than my zeus rta's, which I also love but are harder to make quick adjustments to like I can with an rda. I never understood peoples obsession with squonkers, until I became obsessed myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread