Status
Not open for further replies.

alan_vapes_el_paso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey everyone. Just wanted to hear your thoughts on which tank works best for use w/House Blend, since it's a bit on the thicker side as far as juices go. I'm at 50/50 w/18mg of nic.

Personally not a big fan of cartos, they taste a little cotton-y for me. Have several vivi-novas in diff sizes, but it seems like I have to keep the juice level pretty high (3/4 full) in order to get consistent smooth flavor. Also tried it in a AGA-T which worked and tasted amazingly, but after one day there was a ton of gunky buildup on the metal wick and it needed to be replaced. When I use CC fruit flavors, the wick doesn't build up crud, so I'm assuming it's the thickness/ingredients in the House Blend that caused the build up.

Thanks for your input!!

alan_vapes_el_paso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I use a chobra rba and just clean the wick and replace the coil often. Cheapest and best flavor option I've tried. I agree with the cotton carto thing. Don't like them. I never had a problem with wicking on the nova but they do get gunked up and replacing can get expensive.

Thanks for the heads up Jds. By chance, do u have a link for the Chobra RBA? And is that like an AGA, in that it has a metal wick? (still a noob)..

jjwhite865

Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I have a AGA-T on the way, but in the meantime I have been using a Kanger T3 and it has performed flawlessly with House Blend. I keep a couple of heads in rotation and switch it every few days. I just soak the old head in distilled water, dry it off, do a quick dry burn and it is ready to go again.

I have also tried the Vivi, Splitfire, T2 and Vision V3. None have came close... Oh yeah, I am using "no added PG" so it is really thick, but still wicks just fine.

alan_vapes_el_paso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have a AGA-T on the way, but in the meantime I have been using a Kanger T3 and it has performed flawlessly with House Blend. I keep a couple of heads in rotation and switch it every few days. I just soak the old head in distilled water, dry it off, do a quick dry burn and it is ready to go again.

I have also tried the Vivi, Splitfire, T2 and Vision V3. None have came close... Oh yeah, I am using "no added PG" so it is really thick, but still wicks just fine.

awesome man, thanks. i've actually been looking at buying a kanger t3 today, so u just made my decision a lot easier. i'm also waiting for a penelope in a day or two and am anxious to see the results on it..

tsunami987

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2012
Metro East STL
I've had problems with both house and sweet tea. Pretty much any of the non-fruit flavors cause quick buildup in atties and quick burn-outs in cartos. Makes me super sad, but I guess it's just the name of the game. I thought this bauway ce4 would help but the burnt juice just seeps back into the tank, lol. Atties really seem to work the best, just have to clean em after a few days.

alan_vapes_el_paso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've had problems with both house and sweet tea. Pretty much any of the non-fruit flavors cause quick buildup in atties and quick burn-outs in cartos. Makes me super sad, but I guess it's just the name of the game. I thought this bauway ce4 would help but the burnt juice just seeps back into the tank, lol. Atties really seem to work the best, just have to clean em after a few days.

Agreed. I just got my hands on my 1st GG tank, a Penelope, and at last.. this thing works Perfectly w/House Blend. I have to open the 'flood gates' a little to make sure the wick gets enough juice, but overall it hits consistently smooth and the flavor stays true. Worth every penny imo..

cool breeze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Boston
I love House Blend and Twisted Tobacco, but sadly they gum up tanks worse than any other liquids I have tried. Dark sludge on the wicks and and in the tank and lots of black gunk on the coil. I started with 40/60 PG/VG. 60/40 PG/VG was an improvement, but still a serious problem.

I have tried Stardusts, Vivi Novas, T2s and T3s, but it is the same problem with all of them. The T3s were slightly better than the others, but one tank (2.4 ml) of these juices still caused so much gunk to build up on the T3 coil that it was virtually impossible to adequately clean/dry burn. It is expensive to be replacing T3 heads every tank just to enjoy these liquids.

What are the owners of Copper Creek using to vape these liquids? Has anyone else found a solution?

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
I've not tried the T3, so I can't comment on that part. I personally use an rba, Mr. V uses a carto and tank. I run two tanks of House through (4ml each) before I have to burn off my coil.

We are still trying to get the flavor manufacturer to change the formula for the one ingredient that is causing buildup. Changing the flavor used is not an option. We tried that and people were not happy at all, and asked us to go back to the original.

We're still working on a solution in the hopes that everyone will be happy.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
They are awesome! I very much dislike Vivi Novas and other clearomizers. But these are freaking awesome! They only hold ~1ml of juice, so you may need to take a small bottle with you, or just get two.

But I REALLY like that it doesn't hold a lot. With tanks that hold 4-6ml, it lasts long enough to blow out my taste buds for the rest of the day. With the eVod, I can keep a tank of House, Truly Tobacco, a certain popular neon green juice and some NETs or whatever. I've found that since I've been using these (only when I drive and sometimes if I'm super busy w/ work- I drip, otherwise) that my taste buds don't take such a hit.

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
I love House Blend and Twisted Tobacco, but sadly they gum up tanks worse than any other liquids I have tried. Dark sludge on the wicks and and in the tank and lots of black gunk on the coil. I started with 40/60 PG/VG. 60/40 PG/VG was an improvement, but still a serious problem.

I have tried Stardusts, Vivi Novas, T2s and T3s, but it is the same problem with all of them. The T3s were slightly better than the others, but one tank (2.4 ml) of these juices still caused so much gunk to build up on the T3 coil that it was virtually impossible to adequately clean/dry burn. It is expensive to be replacing T3 heads every tank just to enjoy these liquids.

What are the owners of Copper Creek using to vape these liquids? Has anyone else found a solution?
I use CE2 XL Fluxomizers from GotVapes. 2.8 ohm, 1.8ml capacity. I vape a 60/40 pg/vg. I can usually get through 3 or 4 refills before a cleaning is needed. They look like thin versions of Vivi Novas, but for some reason, the Nova drastically changes the flavor. But I never have any problems with wicking. The build up does slightly change the flavor of the juice as it nears close to cleaning time, but it isnt enough to taste bad. When it does get to that point, it isnt due to the seepage as much as it is the buildup on the coil itself. And I can clean 3 fluxos in 15 minutes with the aid of a small fan/heater to help the dry out a little faster.

cool breeze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Boston
I've not tried the T3, so I can't comment on that part. I personally use an rba, Mr. V uses a carto and tank. I run two tanks of House through (4ml each) before I have to burn off my coil.

We are still trying to get the flavor manufacturer to change the formula for the one ingredient that is causing buildup. Changing the flavor used is not an option. We tried that and people were not happy at all, and asked us to go back to the original.

We're still working on a solution in the hopes that everyone will be happy.

Thanks for the reply!

What specific model of RBA are you using and what kind of wick and wire are you using to rebuild it?

I was nearly ready to get my feet wet with rebuildables and this may be what gets me to take the plunge. House and Twisted are worth it.

I am also glad to hear that you are working with the flavor manufacturer on this issue. Hopefully someday we will be able to vape these liquids on lots of different hardware without this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread