Status
Not open for further replies.

upsetter21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Alameda, CA
Just to follow-up on my earlier post... I am more comfortable with HB now. Truly the bottle is developing as time passes. I also set up a Kir Fanis Fotia tank with an Atmistique Diver and found it is working extremely well with HB at around 7watts.

I've found:
coils are crud encased after about 10ml of vaping HB (no prob. I just build another)
7.5watts max temperature
silica doesn't gum up as much as cotton and/or SS

I'll probably pick up another bottle of HB sometime soon. I think it made it onto my list of flavors to keep around.

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
That's good news..HB is good enough to figure all that out.I'm glad you did. Now you have to try some others.from CC...For instance PIE.It really is fabulous.
Just to follow-up on my earlier post... I am more comfortable with HB now. Truly the bottle is developing as time passes. I also set up a Kir Fanis Fotia Tank with an Atmistique Diver and found it is working extremely well with HB at around 7watts.

I've found:
Coils are crud encased after about 10ml of vaping HB (no prob. I just build another)
7.5watts max temperature
silica doesn't gum up as much as cotton and/or SS

I'll probably pick up another bottle of HB sometime soon. I think it made it onto my list of flavors to keep around.

upsetter21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Alameda, CA
stretchpants:
I love your avatar. My friends used to call me sweaterpants after not letting me live down wearing a pair of striped vintage Levis.

I keep hearing about the pie. Had a free 5ml sample of Pumpkin Pie come w/ the HB, and I'll definitely be re-stocking that one as I love spices in my vape.

Still looking for a juice that tastes like Bugler rolling tobacco smells. I'm not the only one. For some reason my homemade NET of a bag just tasted like an ashtray.

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
Thank You...Pumpkin PIE is PIE...It's my favorite.

stretchpants:
I love your avatar. My friends used to call me sweaterpants after not letting me live down wearing a pair of striped vintage Levis.

I keep hearing about the pie. Had a free 5ml sample of Pumpkin Pie come w/ the HB, and I'll definitely be re-stocking that one as I love spices in my vape.I'm not sure I know what Bugler rolling tobacco smells like.If I ever get tothe tobacco store I'll take a sniff...

Still looking for a juice that tastes like Bugler rolling tobacco smells. I'm not the only one. For some reason my homemade NET of a bag just tasted like an ashtray.

TrashbagJesus

Aug 30, 2009
U.S.
Going to throw in my two cents here. I've been vaping since 09 and House Blend is just about the best flavor I've ever had. I love this liquid! I've used HB (40/60) in my T2s and my Protank. I use 1.8ohm heads (silica) in both tanks with standard 3.7V ego batts and at 3.8-4.0V on my VV Twist. Unfortunately I can't vape for more than a day or two (~ 5-8ml) before my heads become nearly unusable in both tanks. Dry burning doesn't seem to help too much. Is this unavoidable?

I have noticed, over the past year or so, that my T2s sometimes have trouble with darker liquids. I've only been using my Protank for a couple weeks. I should be getting a Vamo in the mail soon, and I'm going to start making steel mesh wicks for my Protank and play around with different volt, wattage and ohm setups. I'm also going to try cotton wicks. In the meantime, any suggestions on keeping my heads from clogging up, like trying a thinner thinner mix maybe?

I was thinking about trying Voo's Broo. Is this a darker liquid? Is it possible that I might have the same trouble as with the House Blend?

Lastly, I just want to say thanks. Your liquids are amazing. Pumpkin Pie tastes great! The Raspberry sample you guys sent me was really good. And, I'm looking forward to trying your Apple Cider. Thanks again!

Asmuth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
Virginia
Going to throw in my two cents here. I've been vaping since 09 and House Blend is just about the best flavor I've ever had. I love this liquid! I've used HB (40/60) in my T2s and my Protank. I use 1.8ohm heads (silica) in both tanks with standard 3.7V ego batts and at 3.8-4.0V on my VV Twist. Unfortunately I can't vape for more than a day or two (~ 5-8ml) before my heads become nearly unusable in both tanks. Dry burning doesn't seem to help too much. Is this unavoidable?

I have noticed, over the past year or so, that my T2s sometimes have trouble with darker liquids. I've only been using my Protank for a couple weeks. I should be getting a Vamo in the mail soon, and I'm going to start making steel mesh wicks for my Protank and play around with different volt, wattage and ohm setups. I'm also going to try cotton wicks. In the meantime, any suggestions on keeping my heads from clogging up, like trying a thinner thinner mix maybe?

I was thinking about trying Voo's Broo. Is this a darker liquid? Is it possible that I might have the same trouble as with the House Blend?

Lastly, I just want to say thanks. Your liquids are amazing. Pumpkin Pie tastes great! The Raspberry sample you guys sent me was really good. And, I'm looking forward to trying your Apple Cider. Thanks again!

I find Voo's doesn't gunk up as fast as house, but it does gunk up eventually.

I've never used T2's, but the evod/protank are my preferred clero(they use the same heads). It's very easy to clean or rebuild the heads for these. As far as the house gunking up the head, get some vodka/everclear or 91% alcohol from CVS/wallgreens and soak the heads for an hour or longer. I take the rubber cap and top piece off and soak them over night in the alcohol, then soak them in water the next day. I have 10 heads in rotation at a time usually, if you only have a couple heads and can't go that long, just soak for 15 mnts to an hour in each. With the top still off, I dry burn the coil until the gunk is gone then dab some juice(or vg if they are going to sit for a bit) on the wick to prime it and put them back together. I have some heads that are 2 months old from doing this. If the coil burns out I just rebuild the head. Soaking the heads in alcohol should work for the T2 heads also.

If you rebuild the heads for the protank/evod using cotton, remember you can't dry burn cotton, it will destroy the wick. If you do it, make the coil bigger than normal and you can just slip the cotton wicks in and out. That way you can just dry burn the coil, blow out the burnt wick pieces and slip a new one in. Let the tank sit over night with the cotton and it will soak up the juice and expand to fit the coil, then you will be good to go. If you have a few heads, you can use condoms from cartos if you have those lying around and put some juice in there and slip it over the head to soak. Any time I use cotton, I let it sit over night to soak up the juice and expand.

Hope this helps.

TrashbagJesus

Aug 30, 2009
U.S.
Thanks for the reply Asmuth. Should have mentioned, I do soak my heads in Vodka. In my experience with HB, and other darker/thicker liquids, soaking does help a bit. Some heads, you just can't save without re-wicking. I've heard about using evod heads, like you mentioned, might give those a try. I honestly don't know why I didn't start re-wicking my heads years ago, would have been saving a lot of money. Thanks again for the advice, it's much appreciated.

Asmuth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
Virginia
Thanks for the reply Asmuth. Should have mentioned, I do soak my heads in Vodka. In my experience with HB, and other darker/thicker liquids, soaking does help a bit. Some heads, you just can't save without re-wicking. I've heard about using evod heads, like you mentioned, might give those a try. I honestly don't know why I didn't start re-wicking my heads years ago, would have been saving a lot of money. Thanks again for the advice, it's much appreciated.

It's no problem. Rewicking the heads is quite easy. Just check youtube, I know pbusardo and grimgreen have videos out there showing you how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread