Not open for further replies.

canoeist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Piedmont, SC
www.mcleanweb.org
14ga . I just use 14ga for everything .I dont have any issues using 14 ga with unthinned frozen vg nic base . Slower then pg of course but does the job . I also get the long 2"'ers so i dont have to reach into the bottle .

Thanks - got a good source for them? The long ones sound like a good idea.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
14ga . I just use 14ga for everything .I dont have any issues using 14 ga with unthinned frozen vg nic base . Slower then pg of course but does the job . I also get the long 2"'ers so i dont have to reach into the bottle .

Str8, sounds like you might be using a vg that is slightly hydrated. Non hydrated vg is a bit of a pull through a 3" 14 gauge needle at room temp and would never draw through at freezing temp.

wizard10000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
midwestern us
I use 3 and 5 ml syringes, with long 14 or 16 ga. needles to draw the liquids up into the syringe. But I remove the needle from the syringe for dispensing liquids into my mix. I'm particular about my measurements, and I don't know how much those long needles hold.

For measuring purposes they hold pretty close to zero. The syringe plunger maintains a vacuum above the column of fluid in the needle, much like putting your thumb over the end of a drinking straw. The contents of the needle don't count in your measurement in the syringe or when you push the plunger down.

The only way to drain the needle is to break the seal between the plunger and the needle.

Last edited:

panachronic

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
WA
For measuring purposes they hold pretty close to zero. The syringe plunger maintains a vacuum above the column of fluid in the needle, much like putting your thumb over the end of a drinking straw. The contents of the needle don't count in your measurement in the syringe or when you push the plunger down.

The only way to drain the needle is to break the seal between the plunger and the needle.
Agreed. Only the swept volume of the cylinder/plunger gets pushed into the mix. The contents of the needle stay put unless the plunger is pulled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread