Not open for further replies.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I'm newish to squonking - only a few months down the rabbit hole (which is very very deep). Interested in what you are all using and experiences.

MTL, Restricted Lung (RL) and Direct Lung (DL)

My faves, so far:

Hussar v1 RDA - RL down to loose MTL (More airflow than the Haku Venna rda). Squonks into the wick channels, not in the center. Awesome flavour and easy to coil and wick

ribbon.jpg

Haku Venna RDA: MTL to RL. Incredible flavour. Easy as pie to coil and wick.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    I have quite a few but only use the recurve and venna lately.
    Now that I discovered the little origen I put both of them aside to. I know it goes that way with vaping and will get to them again in future. For now i'm in awe with this origen.... $6.15 (Free Shipping) SR Origen Little Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer (Origen Little, SS, Silver (SR)) at m.FastTech.com
    Its has the perfect draws for MTL and restricted DL. Flavor and throat hit for Africa. Every time I vape it, its like this can't be...your soooo small, but you play with the big boys :D
    Amazing. I'm even contemplating getting an original...but that's almost the price of a high end mod :eek:

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    Wasp nano, The Elder dragon is as good as any, DRsq
    The Nixon v1.5RDTA also very much a good flavour device but its too hot a vape for me, also has a few other short comings for me. I have two and one of them has a quite noisy and turbulent airflow, the other is fine

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I DL and my favorites of about 35 RBAs are the single Recurve ( much better flavor than dual imo), the Elder Dragon-wonderful flavor, Dead Rabbit, Entheon clone, Vandy vape Pulse 1.5? (I’ll dbl check tomorrow) and Nudge 22.

for me the 22mms with smaller chambers have more flavor like Elder Dragon with a nicely rounded chamber top inside.

so many varieties to choose from often depends on my mood - do I want dual coils with thick dense vape or just great flavor with a single coil. Sometimes I vary from RDL to huge airy big clouds like from a Kennedy clone.

buy s few different types of clones from FT to see how much you like the different RDAs.

it’s fun trying out different types of RBAs.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I love the Recurve singles, and the Bunkers and .Blanks are great for flavor too, maybe a little more airy than you like though.

Wasp Nano is a little more restricted and they’re okay, but not as good as those three ^^^.

Elder Dragon is a little better for flavor for restricted Dl, but noisy.

I have a dead rabbit sq but I tossed it right in the stash and haven’t tried it yet.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    For single coil DL squonk attys I rate the Recurve numero uno then the Tobhino. I haven't tried all that many cause when the Recurve came out I was content.
    Can't get the Wasp nano to work for me (always gets too hot) but I've only got the kind of thin Ultem top cap. Other people rate it really highly.
    For mtl I like the Vapefly Galaxies rtda.

After 18 months of squonking I went on an rta binge and only recently got back into squonking when I discovered Reos (thnx Spydro) so I'm really interested in ratings here.

Edit - oh yeah forgot the Flav. Have a few clones and they seem pretty good but prone to spitback

bsidb

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 10, 2012
    Leroy,NY

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida

Marper

Moved On
    May 20, 2019
    I'm new to squonking but I agree the single coil recurve is so good especially on my crea mech mod, took me some time to get used to not over squonking, I have a topside dual squonk and I've got the profile rda on it and after playing it's fantastic and with the mesh strips supplied and my strips from kanthal mesh work really well with my crea

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    I would add the Wick'd and Flave to the list for top notch little flavor bangers. I also like the FLVR as the airflow is super smooth, and can be dialed down if you prefer a tight mtl.

The FLVR is another good one I forgot to mention. It is quite restricted. I didn't care for the original top cap much and use a wasp nano cap on mine. Fits like it was made for it.

wetclay

ECF Veteran
    Oct 4, 2010
    UAE
    I'm newish to squonking - only a few months down the rabbit hole (which is very very deep). Interested in what you are all using and experiences.

MTL, Restricted Lung (RL) and Direct Lung (DL)

My faves, so far:

Hussar v1 RDA - RL down to loose MTL (More airflow than the Haku Venna RDA). Squonks into the wick channels, not in the center. Awesome flavour and easy to coil and wick

View attachment 846455

Haku Venna RDA: MTL to RL. Incredible flavour. Easy as pie to coil and wick.
    I'm probably newer than you to the game. But I wholeheartedly can recommend the vapefly holic. Great flavor, easy to build. Adjustable internal and external AF (no fussy inserts though). So can be used for tight MTL all the way to RDL. I use it wide open for a loose MTL. Sqounks sideways. Very difficult to make it leak. Tried hard but didn't succeed. Only con I find is that the DT is too short, so sometimes you taste the condensate. And not all DTs fit, but I found a longer one in my pile to do the job.
    The Hadaly also is nice, but I didn't put to work long enough to give final verdict.

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    Well there have been some good guesses but everyone who has responded thus far has been wrong. The correct answer is the Wotofo Profile RDA. I know everyone thinks flavor is such a subjective thing that there is no correct answer but to them I say wrong again!! The correct answer is the Wotofo Profile RDA. Thank you all for playing and I hope this has been educational for all of you folks. Next time someone says what’s a flavor banging rda? You tell them right to their face It’s the Wotofo Profile RDA. If they disagree in anyway or say it depends or it’s different for everyone just yell at their face WROnG!! And then so you don’t come off as a dic, try being less aggressive and say something like, Don’t be stupid, or When you say such stupid things everyone will think you’re stupid so stop it. After all this is a friendly place and we are just trying to help each other learn about vaping and how not to be so stupid all the time. Well I just wanted to chime in and tell you all the right answer. Hopefully I got my point across because people always tell me I come off too nice and I have a way with words that just puts people at ease.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread