BF Atomizer = Flood zone?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroOhms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
"Against my will", I have been forced to figure out how to use bottom feed atomizer and cartomizer option on Grand for my brother. I swear my RDAs are laughing at me. :glare:

Anyway, my question is, are juices in juice well common and expected for bottom feeder when using cartomizer or atomizer? I tend to be a bit OCD with my mods and the sight of juice puddle is...
:-x:cry::shock::evil:
well, you get the point.

I am doing "squonk and puff" thing but there are always some level of juice in the well. I am going to get the drip shield for 901/510 to end this madness but I was wondering if I am missing or doing something wrong.

Current setup is Grand with either 510 atomizer or cartomizer (no punch).

TIA
ZO

ZeroOhms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
With practice I was able to get were there was no juice in the well. you got to do the puff while squonking and stop right before the gurgle would start. I could feel a slight difference is the pressure while puffing.

Thanks. So, I am not doing anything "wrong". Just that my "squonking skill" is sucks. :facepalm:
Oh, I am used to loose draw of RDA and atomizer was too tight of draw. So, I did what I always do with RDA. Drilled out the hole. :blink: that didn't go very well. :unsure:

By the way, anybody use the drip shield from Empire?
Stainless Steel Drip Shield

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
I have zero experience using standard atties or cartos on the Reo, but wouldn't the drip tip o-ring at the threaded base trick work?
I recall seeing one fellow Reonaut (can't recall whom at the moment) using a drip tip o-ring at the base of his rm2 instead of the usual bottle cap o-ring.
I may be way off base, but seems like that would work perfectly...in my mind.

ZeroOhms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Ok what atty are u using ? Either way it's real simple. Draw I the atty while squonking. When u feel the pressure change stop pressing vape away. I never had juice in my well when using regular Atties. If you have juice in your well your over squonking.

Exactly! I was definitely over squonking. When I was hearing the gurgling sound, I thought it was the "starting" point. :facepalm:
I am getting there. Thank you all for the help.

By the way, while learning to squonk better, I made a homemade drip shield. :D
Dripshield.jpg
Took a spare 510-eGo/510 adapter and put a o-ring under it to block the bottom air hole. The drip shield is the condom that came with the cartomizer. When I need to squonk, I would slide the condom down to block the air hole and squonk. With this method, I don't even need to draw while squonking. After the excess juice is drained, I would slide the condom back up and vape. It actually works pretty well. Definitely keep the well dry. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread