Big Buddha kayfun-ish dual-coil RBA, original EHPro product - Looks pretty legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
IMG_0673__43622.1405387253.1280.1280.jpg
IMG_0681__55923.1405387421.1280.1280.jpg
29.5mm

http://www.szehpro.com/a/yingyuban/PRODUCTS/E_Cig_Atomizer/2014/0620/95.html

Last edited:

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
I love the EHPro KFL+ clone... but the EHPro Nemesis clone I picked up as an emergency replacement while driving cross-country is absolute crap

I don't know where I stand with them. This looks like it might be good though. I wish I had info on the size of the external air hole; the internals are 1.6mm. If the external is sized right it should be 1/8 in (3.2mm).

Last edited:

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I love the EHPro KFL+ clone... but the EHPro Nemesis clone I picked up as an emergency replacement while driving cross-country is absolute crap

I don't know where I stand with them. This looks like it might be good though. I wish I had info on the size of the external air hole; the internals are 1.6mm. If the external is sized right it should be 1/8 in (3.2mm).

I hear ya---Copy that...safe travels.

Drift Monkey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2014
Texas
This is by far one of the best tanks i have tried. omg the flavor and vapor production is nice. I'm in heaven. it was as easy as setting up a kayfun. and im getting way better flavor than any of my kayfuns. I'm running mine a 0.9 ohms with 28g and cotton, dual coils of course. wow just wow.

I can echo that sentiment. I have mine similarly setup, .8 ohms using 28g dual micro coils. Good stuff!

10335861_10152376715306137_337722148_n.jpg

Last edited:

Jamandre

ECF Veteran
May 5, 2014
I have gone the dripping and genesis route and I keep finding my way back to my trusty old Kayfun. For me it fits my style of vaping. That said when I got my Big Buddha I found the build quality to be top notch, very clean all the way through. Came with 4-clear and 4-black large O-rings and 2-clear smaller O-rings. If you like BIG drip tips, one is included it's 40mm in height and 15mm at it's widest base. My set did not have any spare screws which I thought was kinda odd especially since it's a product of EhPro. Did you guys have spare screw in you box?

For this build I used 28g 7/8-wraps on a 3mm rod. Wicked both coils with some rayon (big thanks jaxgator) and it came out to a nice 0.7ohms. I bored out the 2 air hole on the positive block to 5/64" and took the 2 air control screw out and this thing can pull a lot more air. It blow my mind!!!! Full smooth (4-5 sec.) lung hit and still carries the great flavor of the juice. Because of the better air flow and full lung hits the vapor production was much more thicker and very flavorful on the exhale. Yummy!!!!

Mounted on my new SS 2Six mod, it hits very hard and look very cool. On my Seven22 I cranked it up to 18w and at 0.7ohms everything was just in another level. If you have a 26650 mod this would be a great addition to your collection. I think the Big Buddha is heading in the right direction as far as the engineering, keep it up EhPro. Now I want a 22mm version.

YuckMan

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2010
Minnesota
I bought one of these just so I could put my Hades clone to use. I wasn't using it because I didn't have anything that looked good on it. This is a perfect fit for those 26650 mods, works surprisingly well, doesn't leak, and best of all has a glass tank. I wouldn't call it a wide open draw, but it's far more open than any of my genuine or clone kayfuns. I might just have to set my kayfuns aside for a while and use up all my tank cracker juices. The Big Buddha is awesome. I'm not sure if my seal of approval is worth much, but this tank has it. ;)

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
I wish there was more info out there for this thing, it seems to have a lot of promise in the airflow department. For those that own this, does the airflow block look like a good candidate for a drill job? I haven't been able to find any detailed shots of the base while disassembled, would drilling the two deck airholes cause any issues? On normal kayfuns the air hole is made up of the center post so you can't really drill it out much, but it looks like this uses a larger block on top which should make drilling easy and less risky.

Basically, if the two airholes on the top were drilled out, would that dramatically increase airflow, or is there an additional constriction somewhere else in the path that would make it pointless to do?

Drift Monkey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2014
Texas
I wish there was more info out there for this thing, it seems to have a lot of promise in the airflow department. For those that own this, does the airflow block look like a good candidate for a drill job? I haven't been able to find any detailed shots of the base while disassembled, would drilling the two deck airholes cause any issues? On normal kayfuns the air hole is made up of the center post so you can't really drill it out much, but it looks like this uses a larger block on top which should make drilling easy and less risky.

Basically, if the two airholes on the top were drilled out, would that dramatically increase airflow, or is there an additional constriction somewhere else in the path that would make it pointless to do?

iPWuXxR.jpg

You can see it pretty well here. The posts are exactly as they look and the coils simply go over the center block. I think drilling it'd probably make a difference...the afc screws back all the way out too. Even with the screws completely out, the draw feels just about the same as when they are about flush with the atty...so my guess is the deck holes are the biggest restriction there.

I'm pretty happy with it as is, but it doesn't have dripper airflow...

Last edited:

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
I saw that pic but I'm curious about what's going on inside the base and deck, with the whole positive block assembly removed. I'm worried that the air going into that top block is restricted inside the base somewhere, so that even if you drilled the two holes on top airflow wouldn't increase much if at all.

I love how the base and deck look either way, better airflow than a normal kayfun is still a big plus in my book, but if the potential for rda-like airflow is there I'll probably pick this up in a heartbeat It looks like what the Orchid SHOULD have been, deck-wise at least (aside from size considerations obviously)

Jamandre

ECF Veteran
May 5, 2014
Read my post above. I did just that and the air flow did increase. In fact I'm going to go to 3/32" and try it out. Good thing I still have the option to adjust them. The only restriction you will see might be the white plastic insulator plate. The hole on then alien with the holes on the block, I guess you could drill them out too. I'll report back soon after the modification.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
Read my post above. I did just that and the air flow did increase. In fact I'm going to go to 3/32" and try it out. Good thing I still have the option to adjust them. The only restriction you will see might be the white plastic insulator plate. The hole on then alien with the holes on the block, I guess you could drill them out too. I'll report back soon after the modification.

I don't know how I missed that! Awesome info man, much appreciated!

Now as soon as I get verified here on ECF and sell some stuff to raise funds the Big Buddha is going to find it's way into my collection.

Drift Monkey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2014
Texas
I have this tank and love it but when I get down to 1/3 of the tank I get leaking from the airholes. I am doing a 2 coil .28g kanthal with cotton, trimmed to the top of the open stack. Anyone have any advice or is experiencing this? I can't find anything online.

Did you leave the wicks straight up the stack? I cut mine down and pretty much even with the inner part of the deck and tucked them down, being careful not to block the channels. You might have too much cotton.

Fwiw, I hardly ever get flooding/leaking all the way to the bottom of the tank.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread