Big changes to the battery ratings tables and how I rate certain batteries are coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
What are the "alleged" specs of your Efest? Did you cross reference that model and specs with a review of that model of Efest by Mooch's test results?

A little hard for me to understand how an Efest could outperform an authentic LG HG2 3000mAh 20A, unless the Efest has a higher amp rating and you are vaping over 65 watts. The HG2 (at 20 amps) has a wattage limit of 65 watts.
I just meant it lasts longer. I know the HG2 ratings. For my vaping style, 30 to 50w the Efest or the Samsung 30Q outperforms the LG. I set my puff counter with the same tank and mod and see how much they last. I don't like the performance of the HG2.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I just meant it lasts longer. I know the HG2 ratings. For my vaping style, 30 to 50w the Efest or the Samsung 30Q outperforms the LG. I set my puff counter with the same tank and mod and see how much they last. I don't like the performance of the HG2.
I always vape around 30 watts. I've used both the Samsung 30Q and the LG HG2, and prefer the 30Q, too. :)

Mooch did a battery shootout of the Samsung30Q, LG HG2, and the Sony VTC6. It's been a while since I watched it, but if my memory doesn't fail me each one performed slightly better in different categories.

Last edited:

Robin Becker

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2018
Berlin
The Glory days of those rewrappers were at the time, where lots of fakes of genuine batteries came into the market. "Brands" like Efest & Co. promised a certain level of quality and safety...at least that was there intention.
But when you try to establish a brand you have costs and you need a continuity. You can´t tell your customers and dealers, that the best seller XY is now not available anymore.
So they started to replace the bare cells unbeneath the shrink with other substitutions. Some of them were stupid enough to use different cells from different manufacturer and you could recognize it according to the Plus side of the battery...and some were bold enough to replace a cell from manufacturer A with other cell of the same manufacturer but with lower performance.

A rewrap HG2 from Efest can not be better than a genuine HG2, unless this genuine HG2 ist not really genuine, but a fake?! both of them come most probably from China

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread