RDA Big dripper clone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I went with this one. $10.41 Big Dripper V2 Style RDTA Rebuildable Dripping Tank Atomizer - 5.0ml / stainless steel + PC / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

the post screws are grub, which ive been told is necessary due to the reduced top chamber coming extremely close to the posts, resulting in shorts if your screw heads are above the tops of the posts.

I also like the idea of top filling, and seeing my juice level.

the air holes are also in the right spot, which is not the case for some of the FT BDs. although you only need 2 of the holes to be in the right spot, I figure that if I got one of the ones with the incorrect air holes, who know what else could be wrong (o-rings, leaking, etc).

I like the fact that it has a clear tank and seemingly the option to use a kayfun metal tank for tank crackers. it appears that you can replace the stock clear tank with a kayfun tank section and one kayfun tank ring. so some cool options might be at our fingertips. I just ordered today, but I can update this thread once I receive it and check it out if anyone wants.

Have not ordered it yet but these guys linked this in the supplier section, looks interesting but not a lot of info given on their site. The Big Dripper Clone w/ Transparent (Frosted Clear) Tube - USA Vaping Supplies

looks like FT has that one too.

$11.59 Big Dripper V2 Style RDTA Rebuildable Dripping Tank Atomizer - 5ml / stainless steel + PMMA / 21.9mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

they've got 11 different Big Dripper clones, counting all the different color tank section versions as 1 version.

AntnyMikal

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2014
Clarksville, TN, USA
I went with this one. $10.41 Big Dripper V2 Style RDTA Rebuildable Dripping Tank Atomizer - 5.0ml / stainless steel + PC / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

the post screws are grub, which ive been told is necessary due to the reduced top chamber coming extremely close to the posts, resulting in shorts if your screw heads are above the tops of the posts.

I also like the idea of top filling, and seeing my juice level.

the air holes are also in the right spot, which is not the case for some of the FT BDs. although you only need 2 of the holes to be in the right spot, I figure that if I got one of the ones with the incorrect air holes, who know what else could be wrong (o-rings, leaking, etc).

I like the fact that it has a clear tank and seemingly the option to use a kayfun metal tank for tank crackers. it appears that you can replace the stock clear tank with a kayfun tank section and one kayfun tank ring. so some cool options might be at our fingertips. I just ordered today, but I can update this thread once I receive it and check it out if anyone wants.

looks like FT has that one too.

$11.59 Big Dripper V2 Style RDTA Rebuildable Dripping Tank Atomizer - 5ml / stainless steel + PMMA / 21.9mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

they've got 11 different Big Dripper clones, counting all the different color tank section versions as 1 version.

I got this one as well, will actually be here tomorrow. I'll post my thoughts after I get it cleaned and up and running. It looks good though and for 23$ shipped I figured I get 2, if anything I'll have spares for my v1 which is flawless.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I got this one as well, will actually be here tomorrow. I'll post my thoughts after I get it cleaned and up and running. It looks good though and for 23$ shipped I figured I get 2, if anything I'll have spares for my v1 which is flawless.

Oh awesome. I'd love to know what you think of it.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
This BD "style" unit hit FT today:

$20.66 Big Dripper Style Rebuildable Dripping Tank Atomizer - stainless steel + glass / 22mm dia. / 3.2ml at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Glass tank and steel tank. Big positive block - although I'm not sure about those posts. My first BD clone was kind of a POS and I got rid of it. I may spring for this one. I don't care for the graduated marks on the glass but I could get over it.

Kz4PcOR.png

fOLhwcI.png

nB4hwqo.png

Last edited:

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
This BD "style" unit hit FT today:

$20.66 Big Dripper Style Rebuildable Dripping Tank Atomizer - stainless steel + glass / 22mm dia. / 3.2ml at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Glass tank and steel tank. Big positive block - although I'm not sure about those posts. My first BD clone was kind of a POS and I got rid of it. I may spring for this one. I don't care for the graduated marks on the glass but I could get over it.

Kz4PcOR.png

fOLhwcI.png

nB4hwqo.png

i'm with you on the graduated markings... WTH. I have one from fog in frog and its been great, better than the original. I also bought one of the nano's from FT and I must say, what a POS. kinda liking this new one though. it's peaked my curiousity. but, seeings though I have one that is spot on i'll wait for a review or two ;)

AntnyMikal

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2014
Clarksville, TN, USA
Got my clear versions today.
4d15158241c7765062162d7f9caba3e5.jpg

It's okay. Have a few complaints:
-Only some of my drip tips fit(smaller ones)
I'm gonna take a dremel to that piece so all my tips fit easily
-threading for the tanks was sharp(fine sandpaper fixed that up)
-few rough spots (again fine sandpaper)
-One of the BD didn't have the grubs in the posts(extras in bag)

Other than that they work and vape great. I got two, cleaned with soap and then threw in ultra sonic cleaner with boiling distiller water. For 10$ a pop I won't complain. The build and quality is good, thick O-rings, no leaks, straight posts, lots of spare parts. Solid purchase.

Just be careful filling, have to do it like the kayfun top fill method otherwise it will squirt out the inside hole.

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx

Other than that they work and vape great. I got two, cleaned with soap and then threw in ultra sonic cleaner with boiling distiller water. For 10$ a pop I won't complain. The build and quality is good, thick O-rings, no leaks, straight posts, lots of spare parts. Solid purchase.

Just be careful filling, have to do it like the kayfun top fill method otherwise it will squirt out the inside hole.

Yup I top fill mine too... Plus it's easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin

You didn't by chance get this one did you?
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10009819/1896002-big-dripper-v2-style-rdta-rebuildable-dripping

AntnyMikal

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2014
Clarksville, TN, USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread