Bigger airhole on RM2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebarrios

Sep 10, 2013
Los Angeles
So I've had my Reo Grand for a couple weeks now, and a RM2 for a week. I'm sooooo stoked and happy with my purchase. :)

Anyways, Im debating opening up the airhole on the RM2. It seems kind of a tight draw to me. What's your guys thoughts on boring it out? If so how much?

For reference if been trying out different coil builds as the one I like best so far is a dual-wrapped single coil 30ga, 10x wrap o a 1/16 drill bit.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
I enlarged mine a bit. It's probably somewhere around 1.2mm. If there's one thing you take away from this reply, it's this: GO SLOW AND ENLARGE A TINY BIT AT A TIME! It's much easier to make it bigger than it is to make it smaller.

Since the RM2 cap is nickle plated brass, it's easy to do without power tools. I used a Dremel attachment similar to this:
9060638-11.jpg

I didn't use the Dremel, I just twisted the bit in the air hole with light pressure. Enlarge just a tiny bit, put the cap back on the RM2 and test to see if the hole size is good.
Again, GO SLOW AND ENLARGE A TINY BIT AT A TIME!

Vapeaddikt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Southern Cloud Cartel Arlington, TX
Doesn't enlarging the airhole diminish the flavor at the same time that it provides more vapor?
That is why I'm hesitating to drill mine further (must be around 1.3mm ATM)

It can. There is also a balance to it. I kept the the stock for a few days it was just a bit tight on the hit for my liking.

The 1/16th works and tastes great for me.

Upon receiving my new REO RM2 I hit it vs my 1/16th REO and yeah 1/16th is better. I drilled out my new one as well.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
I drilled mine out to 1/16" too and it is just right for me, but I got a whistle as well, lol. I was thinking I have to deburr too :)

one of my RM2s doesn't whistle, but it wheezes like an old man on his deathbed. i'm sure it's the coil, but i don't want to change it because it reminds me of why i started vaping :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread