Billow RTA by EHPRO & Eciggity

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Day two w/billow, removed .22 ohm 26g twisted dual coils.

Built dual 26g 7/8 wrap on 3/32 dowel for .4 ohms. 3.7 volts on Sigelei 100w gives 47watts. much better than .22 build, warm Vape:vapor: good flavor and no spiting juice in my mouth like the first build did.:D

That's the same build I'm using. I'm about to put an extra wrap on each coil and bring it to 0.6. I'm running it on a mech so can't change the power.

right. just wondering what you mean by optimal.

The Billow is designed for dual coils. You could put a single coil in there, and it will work but that's not really what it's meant for. As a single coil atty, the Lemo is better than the Billow, since the Lemo was designed for a single coil setup. If you prefer dual coils, the Billow is better. You could technically put dual coils in a Lemo but that's not what it's designed for. That's why I disagreed with Rip Tripper's review, since he only put a single coil in the Billow. It would be the equivalent of me doing a review of the Lemo with a dual coil setup and giving it a thumbs down because the vape was too hot.

Last edited:

cobaltxblue

Nov 24, 2014
Omaha, NE
Interestingly, Rip didn't split the wick. Wouldn't that make it prone to flooding?

I want to try a new build this weekend. I'm getting better flavor from my Orchidv3 with the same build. Not sure if I should go up or down. I'm running 0.4ohm now.

What juice are you running Roxy? Lately I have been vaping dessert flavors fairly high (around 50 watts on builds around 0.25 Ohms in drippers), icy flavors at around 35 watts (around 0.5 Ohms in tanks), fruits at 37-40 watts (same builds and devices as icy's). Icy flavors I used to always keep between 25 and 30 watts, but I keep bumping them up lately. Maybe it is just the time of year.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Its a little too hot and not as good of flavor as I get on my Orchid with the same build. Could be that its not the right juice for this atty. Its Nicoticket Raz Cup. Maybe I should try a different flavor. When I find an atty/juice combo I really like, I tend to keep them together, lol!

I like Virus in the Lemo.
Frenilla and Strawnilla in the Roses.
I just discovered I like Band Camp best in the Orchid.

I've been exclusively vaping NT juice for months.

nasca

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
USA
The Billow is designed for dual coils. You could put a single coil in there, and it will work but that's not really what it's meant for. As a single coil atty, the Lemo is better than the Billow, since the Lemo was designed for a single coil setup. If you prefer dual coils, the Billow is better. You could technically put dual coils in a Lemo but that's not what it's designed for. That's why I disagreed with Rip Tripper's review, since he only put a single coil in the Billow. It would be the equivalent of me doing a review of the Lemo with a dual coil setup and giving it a thumbs down because the vape was too hot.

If the extra airhole and channels are properly closed off, it becomes a de facto single-coil device -- the unused portion of the build deck would have no discernable effect on flavor or vapor production. I think rip's review is completely valid in it's approach to the review and comparison to the lemo.

Ryan Lee

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2014
Kansas
www.youtube.com
Nasca, can you explain to me what will happen when you are running a single coil, yet you still have 2 unused juice channels that are pulling in juice? Does that really add up to? Maybe you could stuff a bunch of wick to block the channels? Else you are gonna flood the hell out of the deck.

And man, the afc grub screws on the bottom are leakier than a newborn baby. So annoying. Guess I will try some plumbers tape. Oh, and not to mention the whistling I get when I draw off the tank. They had a great idea for design, and the machining is decent. But, the coupe of problems that the Billow has are problems that should have not been overlooked before putting on the market. I mean did they even test these things lol?

Oh well, I only spent $26 for it shipped on black Friday, so no huge loss. Still frustrating though as I had such high expectations for this rta....

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx
With 6 wraps of Teflon tape

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418548507.985687.jpg

I think I'm done with this atty ... My orchids are giving me better flavor anyhow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markophonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2012
Michigan
With 6 wraps of Teflon tape

View attachment 396093

I think I'm done with this atty ... My orchids are giving me better flavor anyhow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finished up the first tank...I had moved it off the VS and put it on a slug mod. Still a little weeping. After finishing the tank I put some teflon tape on the air flow screws...will see how that goes.

nopoison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Columbus, OH
If the extra airhole and channels are properly closed off, it becomes a de facto single-coil device -- the unused portion of the build deck would have no discernable effect on flavor or vapor production. I think rip's review is completely valid in it's approach to the review and comparison to the lemo.

except for the indirect flow of the vapor up the airflow tube, which is why it needs two coils to maximize flavor the way it was designed to be used. My :2c:

nasca

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
USA
do you mean the chimney? I dont think it matters if the the airflow travels from under one coil towards to the center.

Nasca, can you explain to me what will happen when you are running a single coil, yet you still have 2 unused juice channels that are pulling in juice? Does that really add up to? Maybe you could stuff a bunch of wick to block the channels? Else you are gonna flood the hell out of the deck.

sure. you'd definitely want to utilize the unused liquid channels otherwise flooding will happen. blocking them with cotton/rayon works, but I prefer splitting the wick so that all channels feed into the coil. works great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread