The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The Billow v2!

Discussion in 'RTA' started by SteakAndEggs, Apr 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. roxynoodle

roxynoodle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    I haven't ordered replacement glass for mine yet (heck, the tank isn't here yet). If the FT glass isn't perfect, is there a better source?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Btsmokincat

Btsmokincat Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2013
    Waterville ME
    The fasttech glass was good quality just a hair too short on my clone so it might be a fault of the clone not the glass. I believe eciggity.com sells authentic replacement glass. There must be others out there too...

• Like Like x 2
  3. Agent75

Agent75 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2014
    United Kingdom
    I was unscrewing my billow to refill it, and cracked the glass. Grrrrr! Don't want to wait on a slowboat so just ordered replacement glass from UK supplier for £2.99. Plus almost the same in p&p. Ah well, that teaches me for being so rough!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Btsmokincat

Oct 10, 2013
    Waterville ME
    Replacement glass is pricey at eciggity.com $4.99 each Billow v2 / Morph Tank Glass

Looks like a bunch of eBay sellers have glass though...

• Like Like x 1
  5. LA-Vapite

LA-Vapite Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Lately I have been removing the main deck Sleeve on both the Nano and regular size - kind of discovered by accident, and I have found as long as you wick it correctly...
    1. No leaks
    2. Slightly More air - still billowy dense clouds
    3. Can handle a larger coil without risk of touching the sides
    4. Better flavor
    I would imagine leakage if I turn on its side, but so far this is working great

• Like Like x 2
  6. jcmcphail

jcmcphail Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 29, 2014
    Virginia Beach, Va
    What do you mean by wick it properly?
    Do you mean same wicking as with main deck sleeve?
    I realize wicking the V2 is critical but I feel like I mastered that some time ago.

V2 is my go 2 tank I have several of them I use for ADV. I have stopped using all my other tanks, OBS Crius, Aromaizers, Lemo 2, Lemo.

I think the V2 has the best flavor of anything I have tried and I keep going back to them. But I never tried it without main deck sleeve, but I would like to try 3mm coils.

7. jcmcphail

Sep 29, 2014
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Well LA-Vapite I tried for myself.

7 wrap spaced 28 ga Kanthal on 8-32 screw which makes a 3mm plus coil ID 0.71 ohm which I run at 30watts on my Hohm Wreckers.
    Changed wicking a little, I use striped Ko Gen Doh and I run the tails deeper in juice channels.

I usually do 7 wrap spaced 28 ga Kanthal on 6-32 screw which makes a 2.5mm plus coil ID 0.65 ohm which I run at 30watts on my Hohm Wreckers.

My first impression without main deck sleeve. Flavor actually seems better, vapor output seems as good if not better. Seems to drink more juice but I DIY so that does not bother me. I run it up to 50watts with no problems with wicking keeping up though I prefer to stay around 30 watts. I keep all my tanks vertical all the time so don't think leakage will be any issue.

Opens up a lot of more exotic coil possibilities.

I am a flavor guy, not interested in TC, or running high wattage, and don't feel building below 0.5 ohm is needed to enjoy tanks (which I prefer). I play with that stuff with my drippers.

Thanks for your post, I visit this forum daily and follow several threads but your post was the first post in quite a while which really caught my attention, Kudos to you and thanks again.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Marc411

Marc411 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    • Like Like x 1
  9. roxynoodle

roxynoodle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
  10. Btsmokincat

Oct 10, 2013
    Waterville ME
    Now I'm going to have to try it! I run 2mm id, 6 wrap, 26/34 kanthal claptons in my three but I'd love to fit 2.4mm's in there.

Did you wick down to the bottom of the inner sleeve threads?

Any issues with wick displacement during a refill?

11. Agent75

Agent75 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Enquiring minds wanna know. Watching this intently.

12. jcmcphail

Sep 29, 2014
    Virginia Beach, Va
    I ran my tails to bottom of the juice channels, figured I could cut them back as I usually do if needed. So far haven't needed to.

Haven't done a refill yet so not sure if I will have problem there, I don't think I will though at worst maybe just repositioning if needed.

I have another V2 that is empty maybe in the morning I will try a 3mm clapton, I use 28/40 kanthal/nic80 just to see if it will fit.

• Like Like x 1
  13. LA-Vapite

Dec 13, 2013
    Los Angeles
    I had my first leak - but It was due to an old over saturated wick
    But still using 26G 8/9 wrap and it really is a nice find to remove the cover.
    I still feel for flavor this RTA really shines, but my 3 Crius Tanks are still managing my top 3 Flavors, Billow next 2, Geek Vape and Mutank the final 2

• Like Like x 1
  14. enfield1212

enfield1212 New Member

May 8, 2014
    nz
    Looks like I have cross threaded a post screw, any ideas of how to salvage it?

15. SkvLTD

SkvLTD Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2013
    MD
    How to remove a stuck screw? Grab pliers with teeth and unscrew it by gripping the head on the sides.

16. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I got a chuckle out of that one!

• Like Like x 2
  17. gone3uo6

gone3uo6 Super Member ECF Veteran

May 1, 2015
    Pocomoke City, MD
    Eciggity

vape-poo-izer

18. LA-Vapite

Dec 13, 2013
    Los Angeles
    So 2 weeks later and I am really loving these tanks again

More airflow more vapor and the flavor may be better then the Griffin, Mutank and Crius. I have 2 heavy PG juices and zero leaks, zero dry tanks, after at least 15 or 20 tanks

The wicks taking more juice require them to be re wicked a bit more often, which is fine.

I really recommend anyone to try this method

• Like Like x 1
  19. nexus3

nexus3 Full Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Bulgaria
    Guys,

Can you give me the screw sizes, i need some replacements for this awesome tank.

20. Btsmokincat

Oct 10, 2013
    Waterville ME
    I can't help it, I know the answer and even though I am protesting Roxynoodle's forced removal I must assist in Roxy's honor!

Technically the size is M2 X 3.4 however finding that exact size with a small enough Phillips head was impossible when I looked a month ago. I did find and ordered some M2 X 3 and M2 X 4 mm grub screws that work perfectly from fasttech. If you go that route make sure you have an Allen wrench that fits. It is tiny, smaller than a .5, if you read the fasttech discussions for the M2 grub screws people mention the Allen wrench size.

For Roxy with love!

Edit to add link: these are the ones I'm using and they are quality screws. They didn't strip one me and feel solid: $1.11 Replacement Screws for Atomizers (10-Pack) - 304 SS, M2*3mm (headless), 10-Pack (free shipping) - FastTech.com

$1.11 Replacement Screws for Atomizers (10-Pack) 10-pack - M2*3mm thread size at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Also Allen wrench size is .9

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.