The Billow v2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
I haven't ordered replacement glass for mine yet (heck, the tank isn't here yet). If the FT glass isn't perfect, is there a better source?
The fasttech glass was good quality just a hair too short on my clone so it might be a fault of the clone not the glass. I believe eciggity.com sells authentic replacement glass. There must be others out there too...

LA-Vapite

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Los Angeles
Lately I have been removing the main deck Sleeve on both the Nano and regular size - kind of discovered by accident, and I have found as long as you wick it correctly...
  1. No leaks
  2. Slightly More air - still billowy dense clouds
  3. Can handle a larger coil without risk of touching the sides
  4. Better flavor
I would imagine leakage if I turn on its side, but so far this is working great

jcmcphail

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2014
Virginia Beach, Va
Lately I have been removing the main deck Sleeve on both the Nano and regular size - kind of discovered by accident, and I have found as long as you wick it correctly...
  1. No leaks
  2. Slightly More air - still billowy dense clouds
  3. Can handle a larger coil without risk of touching the sides
  4. Better flavor
I would imagine leakage if I turn on its side, but so far this is working great

What do you mean by wick it properly?
Do you mean same wicking as with main deck sleeve?
I realize wicking the V2 is critical but I feel like I mastered that some time ago.

V2 is my go 2 tank I have several of them I use for ADV. I have stopped using all my other tanks, OBS Crius, Aromaizers, Lemo 2, Lemo.

I think the V2 has the best flavor of anything I have tried and I keep going back to them. But I never tried it without main deck sleeve, but I would like to try 3mm coils.

jcmcphail

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2014
Virginia Beach, Va
Well LA-Vapite I tried for myself.

7 wrap spaced 28 ga Kanthal on 8-32 screw which makes a 3mm plus coil ID 0.71 ohm which I run at 30watts on my Hohm Wreckers.
Changed wicking a little, I use striped Ko Gen Doh and I run the tails deeper in juice channels.

I usually do 7 wrap spaced 28 ga Kanthal on 6-32 screw which makes a 2.5mm plus coil ID 0.65 ohm which I run at 30watts on my Hohm Wreckers.

My first impression without main deck sleeve. Flavor actually seems better, vapor output seems as good if not better. Seems to drink more juice but I DIY so that does not bother me. I run it up to 50watts with no problems with wicking keeping up though I prefer to stay around 30 watts. I keep all my tanks vertical all the time so don't think leakage will be any issue.

Opens up a lot of more exotic coil possibilities.

I am a flavor guy, not interested in TC, or running high wattage, and don't feel building below 0.5 ohm is needed to enjoy tanks (which I prefer). I play with that stuff with my drippers.

Thanks for your post, I visit this forum daily and follow several threads but your post was the first post in quite a while which really caught my attention, Kudos to you and thanks again.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Reactions: roxynoodle

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Well LA-Vapite I tried for myself.

7 wrap spaced 28 ga Kanthal on 8-32 screw which makes a 3mm plus coil ID 0.71 ohm which I run at 30watts on my Hohm Wreckers.
Changed wicking a little, I use striped Ko Gen Doh and I run the tails deeper in juice channels.

I usually do 7 wrap spaced 28 ga Kanthal on 6-32 screw which makes a 2.5mm plus coil ID 0.65 ohm which I run at 30watts on my Hohm Wreckers.

My first impression without main deck sleeve. Flavor actually seems better, vapor output seems as good if not better. Seems to drink more juice but I DIY so that does not bother me. I run it up to 50watts with no problems with wicking keeping up though I prefer to stay around 30 watts. I keep all my tanks vertical all the time so don't think leakage will be any issue.

Opens up a lot of more exotic coil possibilities.

I am a flavor guy, not interested in TC, or running high wattage, and don't feel building below 0.5 ohm is needed to enjoy tanks (which I prefer). I play with that stuff with my drippers.

Thanks for your post, I visit this forum daily and follow several threads but your post was the first post in quite a while which really caught my attention, Kudos to you and thanks again.
Now I'm going to have to try it! I run 2mm id, 6 wrap, 26/34 kanthal claptons in my three but I'd love to fit 2.4mm's in there.

Did you wick down to the bottom of the inner sleeve threads?

Any issues with wick displacement during a refill?

jcmcphail

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2014
Virginia Beach, Va
Now I'm going to have to try it! I run 2mm id, 6 wrap, 26/34 kanthal claptons in my three but I'd love to fit 2.4mm's in there.

Did you wick down to the bottom of the inner sleeve threads?

Any issues with wick displacement during a refill?

I ran my tails to bottom of the juice channels, figured I could cut them back as I usually do if needed. So far haven't needed to.

Haven't done a refill yet so not sure if I will have problem there, I don't think I will though at worst maybe just repositioning if needed.

I have another V2 that is empty maybe in the morning I will try a 3mm clapton, I use 28/40 kanthal/nic80 just to see if it will fit.

Reactions: Btsmokincat

LA-Vapite

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Los Angeles
I had my first leak - but It was due to an old over saturated wick
But still using 26G 8/9 wrap and it really is a nice find to remove the cover.
I still feel for flavor this RTA really shines, but my 3 Crius Tanks are still managing my top 3 Flavors, Billow next 2, Geek Vape and Mutank the final 2

Reactions: gone3uo6

LA-Vapite

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Los Angeles
So 2 weeks later and I am really loving these tanks again

More airflow more vapor and the flavor may be better then the Griffin, Mutank and Crius. I have 2 heavy PG juices and zero leaks, zero dry tanks, after at least 15 or 20 tanks

The wicks taking more juice require them to be re wicked a bit more often, which is fine.

I really recommend anyone to try this method

Reactions: Btsmokincat

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Guys,

Can you give me the screw sizes, i need some replacements for this awesome tank.
I can't help it, I know the answer and even though I am protesting Roxynoodle's forced removal I must assist in Roxy's honor!

Technically the size is M2 X 3.4 however finding that exact size with a small enough Phillips head was impossible when I looked a month ago. I did find and ordered some M2 X 3 and M2 X 4 mm grub screws that work perfectly from fasttech. If you go that route make sure you have an Allen wrench that fits. It is tiny, smaller than a .5, if you read the fasttech discussions for the M2 grub screws people mention the Allen wrench size.

For Roxy with love!

Edit to add link: these are the ones I'm using and they are quality screws. They didn't strip one me and feel solid: $1.11 Replacement Screws for Atomizers (10-Pack) - 304 SS, M2*3mm (headless), 10-Pack (free shipping) - FastTech.com

$1.11 Replacement Screws for Atomizers (10-Pack) 10-pack - M2*3mm thread size at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Also Allen wrench size is .9

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread