Status
Not open for further replies.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
How many wraps is that? I jus rebuild mine with 26awg and 7 wraps. I'm getting 0.40ohms is that normal? Sorry for the noob question jus don't understand why I could get 0.21 with the coils that came with my billow v2 nano

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a 12/11. I like surface area and higher wattage. Makes for a tasty vape. It has ramp time but once it's warm it really flows well. I wanted to max out surface area in my Billow.

jcmcphail

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2014
Virginia Beach, Va
I used friction fit wide bore delrin tips for a long time. But recently went back to supplied drip tips. I think that flavor is better with supplied drip tips. Its all about the flavor for me. I run same build on all my V2's 28ga kanthal spaced 7 wrap 2.5mm id 0.58ohm 30 watts. Believe me I have tried all kinda builds but keep coming back to this build.

Reactions: Mivsy

SpookyWooky

Nov 6, 2015
Ooh, just noticed this thread :).. liking the coil talk !

I'm only on my 4th billow2 build now, but am really enjoying the 9 wraps of 26 gauge micro coils around a 2.5mm bit I made a couple days ago, comes in at 0.5 on my subbox. The wicking has been a bit more trouble for me hehe, think I'v sussed it though. I decided to make a new batch of 70/30-ish vg/pg instead of my usual 50/50 recently and just started smoking it today.. well, tried to, mostly just got a lungful of cotton :p. I redid the wicking earlier using the bare minimum amount of cotton possible, trimmed perfectly to the juice holes.. what a difference :)

I'm 99% sure it was 9 wraps, might have been 10 though hehe.. I usually count the coils I last had when I go to rebuild something rather than being sensible and writing things down :p

I've started bumping up the wattage to my V2 recently, and the supplies drip tip is starting to get uncomfortably hot. Has anyone here switched to a full delrin drip tip, and did you just use any or is the sizing different?

The drip tip that came with it was the biggest disappointment for me with this tank.. I don't know what it is about it but hmm, is it possible for some drip tips to give better flavor than others ?. The tip looked nice in the photos so I didn't bother ordering up one for it hehe, it just seems to mute the flavor on any tank I put it on though.. no idea if it's psychological because it's a rough kinda cheap feeling metal or what.

I have been using 2 drip tips I bought for my subtanks on my billow2, a glass and steel hybrid and an acrylic wrapped ss hybrid, both are more enjoyable than the smelly one that came with it.. Glass is a pretty good heat insulator and looks nice, but I am forever cleaning the damn thing hehe (getting one where the glass is only held on by o-rings helps with that). I much prefer the acrylic one but it's black and red swirls for my black subtank, looks a bit silly on my ss billow v2 hehe, think am gonna have to order a black one too ! :). I haven't noticed either getting hot at 30-40 watts on my subbox, or on my mech mod at 0.4 / 0.5 ohms.

Edit: I just tried the billow2 tip for some consecutive hits and aye, the thing does start warming up even at 30w hehe.. what an all round nasty tip :D.

Oh, and it's just a standard 510 fitting so most tips will do, though you will probably want something nice and wide. I wouldn't go much narrower on the inside than the one that came with it personally. grr, I do have a wide bore delrin tip that came with my subtank I was gonna try on billow, can't find it though. I don't remember liking it really, had a similar kind of cheap feel as the billow one if I remember right.

Last edited:
Reactions: Agent75

SpookyWooky

Nov 6, 2015
I just spotted this while looking around for a SS tank that doesn't have the silly EC logo on it...

HvzU79d.jpg

.. am sorely tempted ! :), that price though... lol

Edit: just to be clear, the price in itself I don't find overly shocking :), is just my brain sometimes can't help but think things like "how many 5 packs of replacement glass tanks could I order from china for that....." ;)

Last edited:

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
I'm feeling lazy. Has anyone recently come across a good sale on this tank? I'm thinking of adding one to my collection :)
Best I've seen is efun.top for about $20. I know you've ordered from there before :)

For that bit of knowledge, I'll take your thoughts and impressions of the Fodi over on that thread...

Reactions: roxynoodle

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Best I've seen is efun.top for about $20. I know you've ordered from there before :)

For that bit of knowledge, I'll take your thoughts and impressions of the Fodi over on that thread...

Lol! I just ordered from Efun :). $23.50 with shipping for black.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Well, I had an odd ordering experience with Efun. Everything went as expected and I received in my email my receipt from them and from paypal. Then last night I get an email from them asking if I need help checking out the Billow v2 I put in my cart? Um, no, I'm pretty sure I did that since I have receipts. So I emailed back explaining I did check out and ****** is my order number, is there a problem? That caused a ticket to be opened, so they immediately shipped it :D Ok, whatever, lol!

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
I'm having a bit of a problem with my new Billow v2. When I first got it and went to clean it, I couldn't get it completely apart. The top cap and piece at the bottom of the glass won't come loose at all. But the problem is that the glass is slightly loose. I can turn it, which tells me there isn't a complete vacuum in the tank when it's together. I can't really figure out how it is put together either. Is it just glued to the glass? I guess it can't be since it's turning. Is it threaded? Anyone know how to get it apart?

Last edited:

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
I'm having a bit of a problem with my new Billow v2. When I first got it and went to clean it, I couldn't get it completely apart. The top cap and piece at the bottom of the glass won't come loose at all. But the problem is that the glass is slightly loose. I can turn it, which tells me there isn't a complete vacuum in the tank when it's together. I can't really figure out how it is put together either. Is it just glued to the glass? Is it threaded? Anyone know how to get it apart?
The top and bottom pieces that you speak of are screwed together, they come apart where the thinner tube meets the top cap. Try a rubber band for grip.

I had a loose glass issue with a clone and solved it but putting an extra oring where the glass touches the top cap.

Reactions: Oregon Linda

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Well hell's bells! I finally got it apart, added an extra o-ring, re-tightened it up and the tank cracked. :-x Thankfully, I have a 5 pack of glass tanks on order from Fast Tech.
Well crap [emoji53]

I cracked the glass in my clone (I have two authentic V2's also), I got the 5 pack of replacement glass from fasttech and they were a hair to short which I fixed with the oring trick. I haven't cracked an authentic glass to see how the replacements fit those. I'm really sorry if my suggestion caused your breakage.

Reactions: Oregon Linda

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
Well crap [emoji53]

I cracked the glass in my clone (I have two authentic V2's also), I got the 5 pack of replacement glass from fasttech and they were a hair to short which I fixed with the oring trick. I haven't cracked an authentic glass to see how the replacements fit those. I'm really sorry if my suggestion caused your breakage.

Your suggestion didn't cause it at all. I got it apart with no breakage. It was me tightening everything down after adding an o-ring. This Billow may be a clone, I'm not sure. I got it off eBay from a Chinese seller and they said it was an original. It was also in original packaging, but of course that really doesn't mean anything since a lot of clones do that. But don't feel bad at all. Not your fault!

Reactions: Btsmokincat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread