Billow V2 leak solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodrat

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2014
Florida
www.rickviola.com
I've used the Billow V2 for years now and liked it so much I got a spare and measured all the o-rings and got plenty from fastech. It's normal to occasionally get a leak due to wicking but it seemed to be happening more often lately. I changed all the o-rings and not much change.
However I had never removed the center bottom screw. I didn't know that the deck came apart more. Wow, a hidden o-ring. I changed that with a 14mm x 12mm and all is fine now. That size o-ring I think I had bought for my Griffin tank (which by the way is shelved because that was a leaky mess all the time). That o-ring didn't even look damaged, but I guess it gets a lot of heat.

• Useful
Reactions: Janusz

Goodrat

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2014
Florida
www.rickviola.com
Update: All was great for a week, then got a leak one day. This time I also changed the deck o-ring (19x17x1mm) with a silicon 21x18x1.5mm white silicone. That fits real nice when I tighten it down. It causes the air ring to be a little tight, but I leave that wide open anyway. I'd try a 20x17x1.5mm if I had it since the deck there is 18.6mm.
I can tell it is very air tight now because usually, if I blew in previously, I could hear air escape from the deck seam while blocking the air holes. Now, real tight and I can see nice air bubbles when I drag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread