Bitter taste ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

randi.shinney

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2010
Ogden, UT
I've been anolog free for 27 days and the flavors have been all over the place for me. I think this week is the first week I have been able to taste the actual taste of the juice. Give it some time and see what happens. Try all different kinds of juices and see what works best for you. I've heard that our taste buds will change on us quite a bit after stopping analogs. I figured I'd just get through it and see what happens later on. Right now I'm in love with Smores. I hated that one when I first got it!

Hygroscopic

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2010
United States
Loss of taste or decreased taste is common within the first month of vaping.
Your sense will come back once you adjust. Make sure to drink a lot of water in the meantime and brush your whole mouth. (Roof, tongue, sidewalls.) When I had two bouts of loss of taste at first that helped.

For bitter taste, make sure your cart/carto/drip tip is not showing that it is leaking juice into your mouth.

Last edited:

vmb

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
I've been anolog free for 27 days and the flavors have been all over the place for me. I think this week is the first week I have been able to taste the actual taste of the juice. Give it some time and see what happens. Try all different kinds of juices and see what works best for you. I've heard that our taste buds will change on us quite a bit after stopping analogs. I figured I'd just get through it and see what happens later on. Right now I'm in love with Smores. I hated that one when I first got it!

Wow. This is great to know I'm not alone... Thanks!

vmb

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Loss of taste or decreased taste is common within the first month of vaping.
Your sense will come back once you adjust. Make sure to drink a lot of water in the meantime and brush your whole mouth. (Roof, tongue, sidewalls.) When I had two bouts of loss of taste at first that helped.

For bitter taste, make sure your cart/carto/drip tip is not showing that it is leaking juice into your mouth.

Does it have to be straight water? I drink bottled water mixed with Snapple-to-go singles.

Vap510

Oct 2, 2010
USA
Yes, taste is all over the place. The foods I love, Chinese buffets for example, what tasted great before now tastes of salt. Tried a few places and same result. Is this bad, for me no..for someone else it could be. Push me to maybe cook my own meals.

I started using the flu val method to refill cartridge material and it seems putting a new cart in every other day might do the trick for the nasty taste. 6 drops in the cart and 1 or 2 on the atty. When I have a few empties I clean them and re cut the material to fill.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Does it have to be straight water? I drink bottled water mixed with Snapple-to-go singles.

It doesn't have to be straight water. We drink a lot of Kool-Aid and lemonade. As long as you aren't consuming a lot of caffeine like tea or coffee, you should be fine. I just can't give up my coffee and tea, but I have cut it down a lot. Oh, and watch the soda intake. That will also dehydrate you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread