Black particles on used silica wick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
@eddykoodoo

Take a pair of metal tweezers. and hit that wick (if it really is silica) with a torch.

Do you have a PG allergy? Since you using 80% VG and Water no flavoring you might try using something closer to a 50/50 Blend VG/PG.

@mongo74
@Cheallaigh

Someone with vaping concerns should be treated with open arms and pointed in the right direction. You folks are starting to verge on hostility, which might not be the intention, but just reading text on the internet, that's what it's starting to look like. I'm sure it's just inflection in text isn't well represented, but just a thought.

I get the feeling that the OP doesn't speak english as a primary language so lets try to keep that in mind as well. :)

Last edited:

eddykoodoo

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2016
eddy... there's no point in vaping if you're going to panic, you're not vaping at those temps, no one currently is. no, there isn't really studies yet, they're ongoing. no one can give you %100 answer... and isn't it being a bit hypocritical after all you did smoke knowing the dangers...

Would be hypocriticial if i still smoke but i'm not smoking since 4 years just vaping and if i can vape safely avoiding hazardous substance would be better

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
@eddykoodoo

Take a pair of metal tweezers. and hit that wick (if it really is silica) with a torch.

Do you have a PG allergy? Since you using 80% VG and Water no flavoring you might try using something closer to a 50/50 Blend VG/PG.

@mongo74
@Cheallaigh

Someone with vaping concerns should be treated with open arms and pointed in the right direction. You folks are starting to verge on hostility, which might not be the intention, but just reading text on the internet, that's what it's starting to look like. I'm sure it's just inflection in text isn't well represented, but just a thought.

I get the feeling that the OP doesn't speak english as a primary language so lets try to keep that in mind as well. :)

he's allergic to PG

you might want to go through his posting history... and we are being nice, he's scared of vaping, has been all along. the same stuff we're saying about vaping has been repeated through, I think we're up to 8 threads now on the same subject...

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
I recently opened a discussion about slightly brown cotton after few millimiters of vaping.

For sure i used this coil for at least 30 ml minimum but the condition was way worst.

you need to expect these kind of effects and you probably inhale more toxic fumes working in the downtown of any city... farms if they have cows or pigs are methane, I wont even mention chickens... nothing we do is safe.

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
he's allergic to PG

you might want to go through his posting history... and we are being nice, he's scared of vaping, has been all along. the same stuff we're saying about vaping has been repeated through, I think we're up to 8 threads now on the same subject...

I'd say at this point then there isn't much you can do.

Looking at previous posts they all more or less revert to the same thing. They appear to be looking for a reason NOT to vape.

I think the language barrier is a big problem, since I'd imagine most of what your replying with isn't making it through.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

100%

Patience is a virtue.
Post and help with kindness.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas

The whole formaldehyde thing has been thoroughly debunked as junk science / anti ecig propaganda, for several years.

Acrolein has very pungent piercing, disagreeable, acrid smell, it is something you would notice in extremely tiny amounts.
We aren't talking about an off weird or burnt taste, it would be a horrid taste no one would consider inhaling if was even possible to produce using any vaping equipment without doing so on purpose.

eddykoodoo

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2016
I don't believe anything on Wikipedia since pages can be altered there. And that is findings from one study, not the combined findings from the hundreds of studies perfomed on vaping. In the nearly 5 years I've been vaping, why is it I'm healthier now than I was when I was smoking?

You are healthier cause vaping is by far safer than smoking real cigarette...
But this doesn't mean vaping should be considered totally safe and in some case can be harmful obviously less harmful than combusted tobacco but still harmful.

For what i understood coil temperature is the key.
So if is possible to reduce the risk using a certain conbo of hardware battery and coil would be better and safer...

Very interesting i didn't know this dual coil deliver a lot less hazardous emission than single coil at same voltage.

We all know vape is safer than smoke but if we can share a method to reduce risk would be better don't you think?

[URL]http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acs.est.6b01741[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
We can post many links on actual studies that have debunked the formaldehyde scare tactic.

Unless the reader is willing to accept them, we cannot change minds.

We do break links to junk science and I have broken the link above. The only time that formaldehyde was found in an ecigarette was after it was used in a way that an actual vaper would NEVER continue vaping with it. It is called a dry hit. Once you have ever done that, you will certainly try to be more careful of NOT doing it again.

A dry hit is like lighting the wrong end of a cigarette. Nasty, Nasty, NASTY! Blech!

The brown that you see on a wick is caramelized eliquid. We all get that on our wicks and coils. You should look up the thread with pictures about the nastiest coils. :lol:

No one is claiming that vaping is 100% safe. We can say with certainty that vaping is 95% safer than smoking. I will take those stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread