Bleeding gums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Girl4givn

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Louisiana
I almost hate to post this, because I don't want to be a fear monger. I am absolutely sold on vaping. But, after 2 weeks 2 days of vaping (and Lord knows I use it like a pacifier), I got up this morning and my gums bled when I brushed my teeth. It wasn't bright red like straight from a wound, pouring, dripping, or spewing out of my mouth like in a horror movie :laugh:, but with quite reddish foam when I spit. I thought I possibly might have read something like that somewhere on the forum, but when I did a search, I couldn't find it.

Just wanted some input. Maybe vaping too much, or just temporary? I'm using 12 mg 20 PG/80 VG TV atomic cyanide as an all-day vape. And BTW, this is not normal for me. I have a pretty healthy mouth overall.

Thanks guys!

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Many would say that, if possible, you should try to avoid high-strength cinnamon or capsaicin (chilli) as an all-day vape, because these are known to cause issues for some people.

It might be better to go to a 510 LR or 5 volts if you need that big hit. In my experience a 510 LR - if you choose the right one - gives double the TH and vapor of a standard set-up, and 5 volts (stock atty) gives three times the hit. If you're already on a 510 LR then 5 volts might be the way to go. If you're on 5 volts already - that's a problem :)

I'm not saying that 5 volts is 'safer' than chilli extract or whatever, but we know for sure that some of those hot flavors will cause problems for some folks. Never heard of your particular issue though. You could also try different e-liquids to see if it's just that one that is problematic. Maybe try high-dose vitamin C as well.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
This has been discussed in the health sub forum before. You can do a 'bleeding gums' search and read about it there (I see you searched, try 'teeth', 'dental' or a like word).

It's my understanding (not being a dentist) that bleeding gums is a common side effect w/ quitting cigarettes. Keep an eye on it and a visit w/ your dentist would be a good idea if it persists (don't expect your dentist to know about vaping; most don't). Also, a solid routine of brushing, flossing, mouthwash, and staying hydrated is always good ;)

A side note--Some people like me are prone to dry mouth. I drink plenty of water and use Biotene products, such as their mouthwash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread