Status
Not open for further replies.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Your lungs aren't the only organs that 'accumulate' all da tar and junk!

After two years of vaping, my dentist and dental technician were super impressed with my teeth and gun health. BTW, it was da shortest cleaning session EVER!
toothy.gif

Last edited:

VapeDentist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
NJ
Im a dentist and a vaper......in short, analogs wreak havoc on the oral tissues causing a downward spiral of gingivitis, periodontitis followed by bone loss....that being said...there is not much research in the dental field regarding vaping. IMHO I have seen amazing results in my patients who have switched - that being said - oral hygiene is a must regardless of habits - you need to brush rinse and floss diligently to reduce risks for oral dz - I'm not saying vaping is good for your teeth and gums - I'm saying its a substitute much better than tobacco - time will tell

quatro

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2013
TX
I had a nasty sore throat, some soreness in the gums and dry lips for 10-15 days after switching. Used listerine rinse/gargle a few times a day and it helped eased up the unpleasantness. Then poof out of the blue everything became normal :)

Have to aggree with Dr Evil there. After 4 months of vaping I am positive gums/teeth are in much better shape as compared to when I was smoking. Had to have cleaning every 3-4 months in the past, not noticing any stains after switchiung to vaping.

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
My gums were more sensitive after switching also. Not bleeding; just more sensitive. Went away after a couple of weeks.

My theory is that the analogs were restricting or killing the nerve endings in my gums due to lack of oxygen. (Probably other places too. )

When I smoked, I just couldn't feel things as well as I can now.

Vape on

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
My gum above my top canine is bleeding Every time I brush it. I think it's from vaping cuz I don't eat a lot of sweets.

Anyone know what's goin on? I like vaping sweet stuff. It doesn't have sugar in it, does it?

Let me just say that short of getting a deep cleaning after having your numbers checked (how deep your gum pockets are), you must floss! I used to have a problem with getting REALLY racy and having an increased bpm after vaping and my gums were bleeding (a lot).

I spent several years of my life pushing my body to the limits with some of the worst possible things you can do to your body for little to know real benefit (but I had fun.:facepalm:). That abuse took its toll on my gums. Add that "abuse" to no insurance and 10 years in between dentist cleanings, zero to no flossing for many years and my gums were jacked up. I suffered about 25% bone loss which is bad, but perfectly enough (75%) to keep myself from losing my teeth after I had extensive DEEP cleaning (the deep clensings took place over the course of 6 months). I have not missed a day (okay, I missed one day) of flossing in the past year.

All my pocket numbers are all in the safe zone.

Funny thing after I got my gums all good and the bacteria cleaned from deep inside, my pockets all sealed up, and most noticeably, I have ZERO bleeding with brushing or rigorous flossing; and the best part, I hardly get racy with very little increase in bpm when vaping or drinking coffee. My periodontist told me that with so much bacteria in my bone (deep in gums), any, ahem, stimulants were going directly into my bloodstream and thus straight to my heart.

p.s. Sweets and such have to do with teeth and cavities, bleeding gums is about bacteria beneath the gum line.

p.p.s. Just to put things in perspective, I never, ever have missed a day without brushing 2X a day, but I went 10 years without flossing.

Last edited:

mare ze dotes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
WI/Boston
Lots of good reading here. I would like to share one more thing. When I smoked regular cigarettes I bit down on the soft filter but with the hard mouth peice of my clearos I have to hold it loose in my lips and I bump it into my gums sometimes or maybe often. I have made sore spots and have to be mindful of my poor hand to mouth coordination. :facepalm:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Mr Mann- couldn't have said it better myself

When I was young and just a bad little kid
My momma noticed funny things I did...(laugh)

I love, love dentists and all related doctors, sorry doctor! ;) That was my first idea for "what do you want to be when you grow up?" but that pesky need to make art wouldn't die.

Floss, people.

Whosback

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
I have to take care of my teeth. When I was a kid the bonding agent used with my braces actually ate through the enamel (literally a one in a million thing, not the orthodontist fault). Now every decade or so I need to have my teeth bonded to hide the damage, it's about 3k worth of what is considered cosmetic work. Not fun, smoking has made this stand out even worse since I am overdue and can't afford to have this done again anytime soon. At least with vaping I won't be compounding things as badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread